Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 goes F2P - think it would work for SWG?

2»

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Luxumaru

I'll admit that if by some miracle, they did this...I would play it until TOR is released, for my Star Wars fix. I can only play through KOTOR so many times...

Let me ask...is there ANY chance you'd buy something if it were F2P (like house, vehicle)? Would you pay $8/mo to access Heroics? If there's a chance you'd spend any $ in a cash shop/TCG, what are the chances SoE could get money out of you by keeping it P2P? I mean, is there ANY chance you'd pay $15/mo right now?!

• LuxumaruLuxumaru Member UncommonPosts: 259

Originally posted by TUX426

I'll admit that if by some miracle, they did this...I would play it until TOR is released, for my Star Wars fix. I can only play through KOTOR so many times...

Let me ask...is there ANY chance you'd buy something if it were F2P (like house, vehicle)? Would you pay $8/mo to access Heroics? If there's a chance you'd spend any $ in a cash shop/TCG, what are the chances SoE could get money out of you by keeping it P2P? I mean, is there ANY chance you'd pay $15/mo right now?!

I stopped playing SWG because the game didn't warrant a sub fee in return for what it offered. So if anything, the chance of me giving them money in a Cash Shop would be very slim, seeing as I would only be playing it until something better comes around. So I wouldn't want to invest money into something that I am already planning to leave. So the answer to your question is no, I probably wouldn't spend money there if it were F2P.

Total MMOs played: 274|Enjoyed: 9. >:|

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

I stopped playing SWG because the game didn't warrant a sub fee in return for what it offered. So if anything, the chance of me giving them money in a Cash Shop would be very slim, seeing as I would only be playing it until something better comes around. So I wouldn't want to invest money into something that I am already planning to leave. So the answer to your question is no, I probably wouldn't spend money there if it were F2P.

Thank you! Good honest answer.

• PreCUPreCU Member Posts: 382

I don't know why anyone plays f2p games. They are designed to lure you in, cause hey its free! and then manipulating you into paying when you find out about all the fun you're missing out on.

and then you have to account for the fact that those with more money may have an advantage.

and then there's the peer pressure when you join a guild or group and then they all want to do a raid or explore a cave in an area that you don't have access to.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I don't think anything SOE can do except a total revamp can save SWG and I wouldn't bet that even that would work.

F2P or P2P, the game will never be what I could have been and it is far to late to save that now. SOE can keep it on life support for a long time still if they want to but it just isn't possible to do what Turbine did for DDO with it.

Maybe it could work for Vanguard if they made it right but not for SWG. And I have the feeling that Lucas art wants to get all SW fans to play TOR instead anyways.

Too little too late.

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

I too believe it does not warrant a Sub fee mostly because the other two Games I play, AoC and LOTRO, give me 8-9 Characters per Server for $7.50-$10 Month (AoC sells $14.99/60 day Game Cards at Best Buy and LOTRO is 29.99 for a 3 Month Sub)...

So as an admitted altaholic SWG is a tremendous ripoff...I would play again though if it was free...At least I'd fire it up to check it out again...image

• Kriminal99Kriminal99 Member Posts: 377

holy crap those greedy bastards want 35 bucks per existing character not to delete characters people already have...

Sony has always been horrible towards their customers thats why I never made a habit of hanging out there long term.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PROBABILITY(YOUR STATEMENTS BEING MOTIVATED BY FEAR(I>U)) > .5