Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would like to take this for a trial, questions first though.

GiosyncGiosync Member Posts: 108

#1 - I heard this game has a low population, but how low? Is it dead, or is it Darkfall low? By Darkfall low I mean it has players, just not buttloads.

#2 - Will this game last? Are the owners still releasing content regularly? Do they talk to the players? Do they listen to them? 

I'm free on Friday.

Comments

• GiosyncGiosync Member Posts: 108

Please no, stop with the answers... to many... to many. I've already found out for myself and I plan on playing this for a while.

I'm free on Friday.

• kazhokazho Member CommonPosts: 50

Giosync, I have been playing Ryzom since beta.  I think it is the best.  But that is my opinion, you have to decide for yourself.

As far as population goes, it goes up and down.  It upsets me when people go well if it is a low population no use playing it.  Well population won't go up if you think that way.  Stay and then see how you like it and tell others about it.  One of the faults with Ryzom is the owners have never been big on advertising. 

We have probably one of the greatest communities in any game.  The players will help you any way they can from giving you gear to answering any of your questions.

We do have the occasional jerk.  But it seem like they are everywhere and you just can't escape them.  The ignore button is there for a reason.

Try the game for the full trial, go to the mainland, check the guilds,  Only you can make the decision.

Welcome and hope you stay.

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

Originally posted by Giosync

#1 - I heard this game has a low population, but how low? Is it dead, or is it Darkfall low? By Darkfall low I mean it has players, just not buttloads.

#2 - Will this game last? Are the owners still releasing content regularly? Do they talk to the players? Do they listen to them? 

This game has died and been brought back to life a couple of times.

I would have tried it but didn't like that they charged some bullshit fee of $1 for the trial.

Trials should be free and not a way of nickel and dimeing.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

You got charged a $1.00 for the trail.  Never heard of it.  Are we talking about the same game??

Originally posted by kazho

You got charged a $1.00 for the trail.  Never heard of it.  Are we talking about the same game??

Yes.

Double post due to slow site.

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by Mellow44

Originally posted by kazho

Yes.

That's absolutely impossible. Or you are lying or you are confiusing with another MMO.

During the free period, the company had no way to bill anyone because previous billing system was outdated (beause reffered to old owner).

First trial of the game was totally unlimited with no time expiring but only available for the starter island.

Actual trial has a limit of 21 days but no content limitations.

When you create a free trial account you don't have to specify any CC information.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

he's thinking of darkfall with the $1 trial.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

Those two games are not even close to being the same, think they are as far apart as you can get..  Gilgameesh is completely right.