Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Expansion Arriving in August

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,122MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Sony Online Entertainment and Flying Lab have announced that the free Power & Prestige expansion for Pirates of the Burning Sea will officially launch on August 24, 2010. Power & Prestige is currently in open beta on the public test server and will remain so until launch day. (Head here to find out how to make a PTS account)

We announced Power & Prestige, the first free expansion for Pirates of the Burning Sea, at the Penny Arcade Expo last year. We’ve spent almost all of our time since then working on new features and content for the expansion, which is due for release this summer. We’re now ready to talk about exactly what those features are, and today we’re going to give you a broad overview of what to expect.

Check out the boatload of changes in the Power & Prestige features list.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• huntardhuntard Miami, FLPosts: 133Member

I think their time and funds would have been invested much better had they allowed for full ship interiors and allow players to walk around their ships while sailing, would have given the game a much more immversive feel.

• InsanelolInsanelol Tuscaloosa, ALPosts: 21Member

I thought this game was dead already?

• XianthosXianthos lolPosts: 723Member

Originally posted by Insanelol

I thought this game was dead already?

Dead in the meaning not worth to devote time and money? Then yes :P

Dead in the meaning servers are down? Then no.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• kikinchazkikinchaz UKPosts: 561Member

Reading the changelist just sounds like an average MMO patch, not an expansion. 60 missions in an MMO isn't a huge addition, the rest are patch style changes.

• ishistishist Leland, NCPosts: 164Member Uncommon

The only reason people think it's dead is because you rarely hear anything about it. But last time I tried it there were plenty of people playing. It was actually pretty fun in an AARRR! kind of way.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• buegurbuegur Belle Fourche, SDPosts: 458Member Common

May give it another go as this looks to add much needed depth it lacked before.

• TroneasTroneas Buenos AiresPosts: 851Member

Originally posted by kikinchaz

Reading the changelist just sounds like an average MMO patch, not an expansion. 60 missions in an MMO isn't a huge addition, the rest are patch style changes.

the new port governance system where ports will be run by players and the complete revamp of classes and avcom are hardly "patch style changes".

• WycliffeWycliffe West Amwell, NJPosts: 354Member

If there is a free trial I'll definately check it out after the expansion goes live. Always wanted to try it but heard it wasn't in the best shape, hope the changes make it worth the time/money.

• USFPuttyUSFPutty Manassas, VAPosts: 56Member

This would certainly be an impressive announcement, were it not well over two years from release.  Waiting for content in this game has long since proved a waste of time.  This is material they were baiting us with since the early days of the game.  That's some unforgivable lead time...