Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every MMO population will fall tomorrow at 12AM EST (or slightly earlier).

Comments

• ValdosValdos Member Posts: 29

Just download the client via torrent when available and just play single mode (offline).

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by uquipu

Starcraft II comes out.

It will pull a lot of players away.

Diablo will be worse.

Just goes to show, most of the people that play WoW aren't MMORPG fans, they are Blizzard fans. 

The fact that Starcraft 2 will probably get more publicity than an Age of Empires 2 remake is just sad. 

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Believe it or not, there are a lot of MMORPG players who don't like real-time strategy games.

That said, if Diablo 3 were coming out the same day, half of the modern world might call in sick :).

Originally posted by Talin

Believe it or not, there are a lot of MMORPG players who don't like real-time strategy games.

That said, if Diablo 3 were coming out the same day, half of the modern world might call in sick :).

Not really, I never saw the point to Diablo. Just click click click click click click get loot click click click. 

Besides, WoW is pretty much Diablo with a monthly fee nowadays. More of an arcade game than an MMO

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

just the fact that SC2 is broken into 3 disks for $60 each is enough to keep me away.  even if it were $60 for all 3 i still wouldn't bother buying it.

but ya i think MMO's will take a hit for a few weeks.

• ferndipferndip Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by Garvon3

Not really, I never saw the point to Diablo. Just click click click click click click get loot click click click. 

Besides, WoW is pretty much Diablo with a monthly fee nowadays. More of an arcade game than an MMO

haha, thats like EVERY VIDEO GAME THATS EVER BEEN MADE!!!!!

Just click click click click click click get loot click click click.

Just click click click click click click get loot click click click.  *DING!*

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Valdos

Just download the client via torrent when available and just play single mode (offline).

Don't start crying on these forums when you get keylogged.  BTW you buy the real game and play single player offline too.

Originally posted by ferndip

Yeah except in Diablo it really is that mindless. Its so mind numbingly simple that everything is just done through left mouse clicks. You just roll through all the dungeons spamming your mouse for hours. No thought or depth at all.

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

Originally posted by Coolstar

Originally posted by Lienhart

If anyone is crying about RealID, your'e just scared that you can't shit talk anymore to some random people.

Too bad Blizz took out the RealID forum usage, I would've gone to anyone's house within 5 km radius of mine and slammed a bench bar on their fat ass.

In your case its a good thing, since if you are going to do something like that over a game means you got brain damage.

No, but I could certainly cause brain damage to you with ease.

There are multiple things on the internet you would never say in life. I have one friend that has quite a big potty mouth that went KTV a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what he said, but he got a bottle opened on his head and a chair broken over his back. He was hosptailized after and almost got my other friends into a scrap as well due to them trying to stop the fight. Reason why I wasn't called to 'solve the problem'? Because my smart friend didn't want any blood to be shed. Needless to say, after I found out I got mad pissed and wanted to start shit with whoever was involved on the otherside but that's the reason why he didn't call me in the first place.

The lesson? That friend who got the bottle opened on his head has a habit of being an internet troll. The problem is he doesn't have the physique or the scrap experience to back it up. There are SO MANY PEOPLE like him on forums it's not even funny. I'd love to have a horrible day where I get into a fight with my girl, do poorly on a final/mid term, and have other things pile up on me result in me taking it out on some poor bastard that thinks shit talking on the internet is safe.

Not all of us are out of shape obese nerds who hide behind the monitor.

I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • bastionixbastionix Member Posts: 547

There are multiple things on the internet you would never say in life.

That idea is so wrong and always comes from a gut feeling.

In reality people say plenty of nasty stuff OFFLINE too, that's where people learned the words in the first place.

Offline people say bad stuff about their boss, wife / husband, family, teacher, president, I've heard it all.

People "hide (behind their monitor)" ALL THE TIME in real-life by avoiding to confront the people they dislike, but it doesn't stop them saying nasty things about them does it.

The difference is that online EVERYONE can see it. People don't want RealID because people who are not supposed to hear EVERYTHING, have the ability to do so.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by ferndip

That doesn't change the fact that the point and click loot grinder has been done to death. There have been countless decent titles within that genre. Look at Titan Quest, great game, decent story and tight mechanics. Yet hampered by it's been there and done that feel, Diablo 3 will be no different, at least for me.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

If anyone is crying about RealID, your'e just scared that you can't shit talk anymore to some random people.

Too bad Blizz took out the RealID forum usage, I would've gone to anyone's house within 5 km radius of mine and slammed a bench bar on their fat ass.

In your case its a good thing, since if you are going to do something like that over a game means you got brain damage.

There are multiple things on the internet you would never say in life. I have one friend that has quite a big potty mouth that went KTV a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what he said, but he got a bottle opened on his head and a chair broken over his back. He was hosptailized after and almost got my other friends into a scrap as well due to them trying to stop the fight. Reason why I wasn't called to 'solve the problem'? Because my smart friend didn't want any blood to be shed. Needless to say, after I found out I got mad pissed and wanted to start shit with whoever was involved on the otherside but that's the reason why he didn't call me in the first place.

The lesson? That friend who got the bottle opened on his head has a habit of being an internet troll. The problem is he doesn't have the physique or the scrap experience to back it up. There are SO MANY PEOPLE like him on forums it's not even funny. I'd love to have a horrible day where I get into a fight with my girl, do poorly on a final/mid term, and have other things pile up on me result in me taking it out on some poor bastard that thinks shit talking on the internet is safe.

The real lesson of this post, everyone is an internet tough guy.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Why do you losers bring in RealID in here again?

Stop looking for excuses to smacktalk ANYTHING.

Originally posted by bastionix

There are multiple things on the internet you would never say in life.

That idea is so wrong and always comes from a gut feeling.

In reality people say plenty of nasty stuff OFFLINE too, that's where people learned the words in the first place.

Offline people say bad stuff about their boss, wife / husband, family, teacher, president, I've heard it all.

The difference is that online EVERYONE can see it. People don't want RealID because people who are not supposed to hear EVERYTHING, have the ability to do so.

Of course, I shit talk about my boss 24/7 (well, before I got fired lol) and about stupid friends. But this is all BEHIND THEIR BACK. You wouldn't go into your local Asian owned bar (which normally, at least here in Toronto, involve cocaine and other drugs) then start staring down random people cause 'they look funny". You'd get stabbed so fast it's not even funny. I'm pretty sure things are MUCH worse in Las Vegas and other more "high profile" drug areas. If you're gonna smack talk, you do it behind people's backs and to a friend or someone that would agree with your view. The difference online, is that people say shit straight up to a stranger's face. There's something pretty damn wrong with that picture.

Two of the biggest concerns of RealID was females (which I understand, my girl never told anyone she was a girl or people just start hitting on her) and "privacy issues" for trolls. Honestly, if somebody on the internet is gonna shit talk to strangers because their opinions and views are different, they deserve to have the consequences on their front step.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

lol!

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Could. Not. Care. Less. About. SCII.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

Originally posted by Tazlor

just the fact that SC2 is broken into 3 disks for $60 each is enough to keep me away.  even if it were $60 for all 3 i still wouldn't bother buying it.

Holy crap!  I didn't know they were doing that.  I have a friend who wants me to buy SC2 so we can play it together but...damn, that's fucking ridiculous.

Ok, I have to ask now, if we each buy just the first disc will we be able to play multi-player?  Will we be limited to only playing the human faction (assuming that's the first campaign) if we only have the first disc?

Also, someone said you can't play it as a lan game, is that right? 

Damn, I don't like the sound of any of this.  I wasn't that big a fan of the first one, it's my friend who is the fan and wants me to get the game with him.  I might just have to try to talk him out of it.

I also don't like encouraging that real ID crap.  Even if it is optional.  I can't see what possible point there is to it so why have it at all?  Anyone you really care about (real life friends and family) will already know your real name and phone number and wouldn't need that crap so what's the point?  You have the option to automatically give your personal information to random internet people?  Why?  And hell, you could do that without an automated system if you really wanted to anyway.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I think you made a great argument why REAL ID is a fucked up idea; one of the arguments against it.

Imagine someone as you who out of some idea of 'enacting justice' or just had a bad day, starts hunting down those people who had 'done wrong' in his eyes.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• bastionixbastionix Member Posts: 547

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

The pen is mightier than the sword, some people are quite smart and can win an argument with a pen instead of physical prowess. It's a shame that every person who isn't capable of doing so points out lack of physical power to compensate for their lack of a brain.

Originally posted by cyphers

I think you made a great argument why REAL ID is a fucked up idea; one of the arguments against it.

Imagine someone as you who out of some idea of 'enacting justice' or just had a bad day, starts hunting down those people who had 'done wrong' in his eyes.

Because none of us love watching shit hit the fan right?

I sure as hell would enjoy CNN having a large news section about some murders caused by RealID.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by Neanderthal

Holy crap!  I didn't know they were doing that.  I have a friend who wants me to buy SC2 so we can play it together but...damn, that's fucking ridiculous.

Ok, I have to ask now, if we each buy just the first disc will we be able to play multi-player?  Will we be limited to only playing the human faction (assuming that's the first campaign) if we only have the first disc?

Damn, I don't like the sound of any of this.  I wasn't that big a fan of the first one, it's my friend who is the fan and wants me to get the game with him.  I might just have to try to talk him out of it.

I also don't like encouraging that real ID crap.  Even if it is optional.  I can't see what possible point there is to it so why have it at all?  Anyone you really care about (real life friends and family) will already know your real name and phone number and wouldn't need that crap so what's the point?  You have the option to automatically give your personal information to random internet people?  Why?  And hell, you could do that without an automated system if you really wanted to anyway.

From what I read, you can play all of the factions in multiplayer with just the first, base campaign game. Though, the other two campains will add a few new units to each faction... effectively acting like two additional $60 DLCs, ontop of the $60 base game, if you want access to all of the units in multiplayer.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

Yeah, seriously. 

I mean, let's just accept for a moment that Lienhart really is the baddest of badasses that he's claiming to be.  Ok, now what?

He loses a duel to someone in WoW and the winner smack talks him a little.  Lienhart has real ID info on the guy so he tracks him down, goes to his house, beats him to bloody pulp, rapes his wife, and steals his car. 

Yeah, sure taught him a lesson huh.  So now we have a family victimized by a psycho and the guy who did it spending the next 20 to 30 years in prison...all over a stupid video game.

Yeah, that's a real good idea.

Yeah, seriously. 

I mean, let's just accept for a moment that Lienhart really is the baddest of badasses that he's claiming to be.  Ok, now what?

He loses a duel to someone in WoW and the winner smack talks him a little.  Lienhart has real ID info on the guy so he tracks him down, goes to his house, beats him to bloody pulp, rapes his wife, and steals his car. 

Yeah, sure taught him a lesson huh.  So now we have a family victimized by a psycho and the guy who did it spending the next 20 to 30 years in prison...all over a stupid video game.

Yeah, that's a real good idea.

....People get their gut cut out for simply staring at someone.

On a serious note though, I'm a critical person. If I lose something, I look at the mistakes I did...I could care less about shit talking because I do it as well in sports. However, I don't PvP in WOW because WoW PvP is a joke. What I was referring to was RealID usage on forums. THAT would have been fun. The amount of shit talking on forums is far greater than that of any in game shit talking (unless you speak Spanish and play on an "ESP" server).

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Each game in the trilogy with have around 29 missions - they are full games, just we get 29 missions to explore and tell the continuing story of each race.  Rather then squashing the story of each into 9 missions.

Erm.. ofc all 3 races are playable in multiplayer, what do think we have been beta testing the last 5 months?

Yup, but I assume you have this new thing called broadbandz?

Your friend will have two 7 hour guess passes so you try the full games single and multiplayer.  Also your friend sounds like he has made his own mind up and not let other make the decision for with mis-information and exaggerated negatives.

Pro's and Con's to REALID have been done to death. - the main feature of REALID is it is cross game, log into SC and you can see tour friend is playing WoW.

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-