Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what did Allod's developers do that makes Allod gameplay much smoother than most P2P MMORPG engines?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

What engine does Allod use? How did this F2P mmorpg get so smooth? Most P2P mmo cant even get that part right.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Don't know what you mean.

• XiroXiro Member UncommonPosts: 118

It was out in Russia for years. They've had yrs of establishing a good, smooth game play engine. Damn the money you have to put into it to be good though, or else i'd be on it! I loved the graphics/races. Very excellent! ;P 

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255

Sorry to be off topic - but really? I didn't know it was one of THOSE games. haha

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

From what I recall from trying it, it had blocky midrange graphics, kind of like wow but older looking.. that would do it

Yea see here, this isn't very demanding, system wise:

http://allods.gpotato.com/images/screenshot/ss10.jpg

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

In russia, game plays you!

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by randomt

From what I recall from trying it, it had blocky midrange graphics, kind of like wow but older looking.. that would do it

Yea see here, this isn't very demanding, system wise:

http://allods.gpotato.com/images/screenshot/ss10.jpg

That's a fair enough point based on the screenshot you include, but to be honest, that's not a good example. Been playing this for a couple of weeks now and the graphics are excellent in MMO terms it has to be said, and it's one of the smoothest playing MMOs I've ever been in.  I dunno what the game is like up the road tbh, but presentation-wise so far it's excellent for f2p.

Game in general has a bad rep though,  mostly cos of the cash shop which people say is too expensive. It is expensive, they are all expensive if you ask me, these are pixels we're buying, not replacement kidneys!

The odd thing is though, and it's something I haven't seen mentioned before. The cash shop on RoM is just as expensive, if not more so, yet people are using it hand over fist and the game has a much better rep than this one. There's a lesson in there somewhere...