Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is miserable now

ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

I had started to play this game and got about 2-3 weeks of play in with extremely light cash shop usage (~10$) and it was fairly enjoyable and fun overall. Then the July patch hit and things went in the crapper, its misery to play now. I gave it a few weeks to see if the kinks would work themselves out, but no such luck. I'm back to playing EQ2, WOW, and tinkering in ROM. Sad really, this game had a lot of potential till they got greedy and butchered it.

Shadus

Comments

• trikkitrikki Member Posts: 58

i gave this game a week,everything based on a single stat.Stack crit for everything.thats lame.City was full of high levels,because there was nothing them to do.All they did was boosting low levels in guests and instances.After  a week i was so pissed of almost every thing about the game.

• Lexe01Lexe01 Member Posts: 97

Good, that's another F2P marked for an agonisingly slow and horrible death... That's exacly what we need...

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

How are you going to spend that much more a month?

Unless they lowered it this week when I started.. the prices seem reasonable... the "needed" stuff is cheap.

Looks under $15 a month.. maybe a lot less.  My brother can prob get by with 7.

PS- f2p is never really f2p... maybe thats what people didn't realize.

• XiroXiro Member UncommonPosts: 118

free to play, not free to be any sort of decent, and or have fun past lvl 10 ;D 

i hate f2p games, they should all have either a f2p, with premium option (DDO, tibia, runescape?), or have a 14 day free trial... That way poorly made korean pieces of crap wont come out every 2 months, launched early, with bugs galore, and non smooth gameplay.. cause they'd actually have to make their game decent so people would subscribe ;P

• LidaleLidale Member Posts: 88

Games like this solidify my view that a monthly fee > Everything else.  Cash shop games are generally more expensive and an even greater time sink considering most of the stuff you get have some kind of limitation on it.

Remove the cash shop mumbo jumbo, add a $15/month sub fee and level the playing field.  Of course they won't do that because F2P games are more profitable in the long run.  People end up with paying that $20 or more a month to stay competetive.

I played Allods for about 2 hours, nice MMO.  Good graphics and while the gameplay is vanilla it is functional and nice to look at.  Cash shops ruin my desire to play though~

Requiem online was cool as well, but they had subscription fees on top of forced cash shop play.

Originally posted by Lidale

Games like this solidify my view that a monthly fee > Everything else.  Cash shop games are generally more expensive and an even greater time sink considering most of the stuff you get have some kind of limitation on it.

Remove the cash shop mumbo jumbo, add a $15/month sub fee and level the playing field.  Of course they won't do that because F2P games are more profitable in the long run.  People end up with paying that $20 or more a month to stay competetive.

I played Allods for about 2 hours, nice MMO.  Good graphics and while the gameplay is vanilla it is functional and nice to look at.  Cash shops ruin my desire to play though~

Requiem online was cool as well, but they had subscription fees on top of forced cash shop play.

They did an amazing job, but to be honest the needed cash shop usage is fairly cheap... you can go hogwild and spend a ton though.

The only needed things are incense, anti equipment curse, and bag space (annoying).  All that together and you're looking at 5-25 dollars ( i think they have a mega bag for 20 dollars).

If you want to be a crafter things will get pricy.

• xFreddy666xxFreddy666x Member Posts: 3

Wonder if Gallnet is listening or if their heads are still up their butts. Gallnet and Allods personel dont care and probably dont even read players concerns. Gallnets corporate mantra if its broke dont fix it.

Originally posted by xFreddy666x

Wonder if Gallnet is listening or if their heads are still up their butts. Gallnet and Allods personel dont care and probably dont even read players concerns. Gallnets corporate mantra if its broke dont fix it.

Go troll somewhere else.

• LidaleLidale Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Angier2758

Originally posted by Lidale

They did an amazing job, but to be honest the needed cash shop usage is fairly cheap... you can go hogwild and spend a ton though.

The only needed things are incense, anti equipment curse, and bag space (annoying).  All that together and you're looking at 5-25 dollars ( i think they have a mega bag for 20 dollars).

If you want to be a crafter things will get pricy.

You see though thats where it gets shakey, a $20 pack for instance still cost more than $15/month.  $5 doesn't seem to get you much in terms of how you use them otherwise I would have no problem. 

Its hard to justify spending more on a game such as allods than you would on  a game with more stable content and a set fee.

Granted there are always people that "pay" to gain the advantage in most games but their numbers are relatively slim in comparison.

Now normally I would just end it like that and walk away but I really want to like Allods, as a game it is fairly solid.