Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you can revive any game .. what would it be and why?

Comments

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

Don't revive a thing, I want to start something new.  I am so tired of reading about WoW or how great SWG was or how PvP games need to be like DAoC.

That's all great, but give me something that utilizes the advances in tech we've had since those games came out.  We have Intel Core i7 Processors and DX 11, so I imagine that most games should be run with min requirements of at least a dual core proc with DX10 so that maybe we can get decent games.  I hate looking at these old games and I hate how little they really have to do when you boil them down.  Give me a fuller world  than any of the other games.

• mykpfsumykpfsu Member Posts: 68
    Tabular Rasa. Don't care what the PR says, the game was closed down because of the missing match between Garriot and NCsoft. It was never really given a chance as it stayed open for maybe a bit more then a year yet the developers were given crap from NCsoft from the start. It was a good game that was getting better over time and the only game I've played that took place during a war that made you feel like you were actually in a war.
  • ValdosValdos Member Posts: 29

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

Vanguard, I liked it but lack of players made me quit.

Not much games I'd like to revive... many which I'd like to kill though.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

Originally posted by Aeroangel

My boyfriend told me about an MMO that was released in 2006 called Seed. Roleplaying was enforced, and it had a large dynamic storyline where you were a clone of someone from earth, and in the first part of the story you had to group together with other players to fix the space ship you were on. There were various jobs you could have like being a repairman, or being a gardener, etc. There was a lot of GM activity, and the story and quests changed based on what the players did. It sounded like a really good game to me, but it's dead now. 

Here's a couple screen shots (they are kind of hard to find). 

yea quite a nice idea with Seed, 100% non combat MMO, with a struggle to survive, and the players making the decisions how the world would expand.  but they really had taken on a bigger project than they could handle -were a university project iirc.

well for MMOs to revive WISH, did have a great time the little time Id have in the beta) and AC2  only just had started on that game when they took down the server -.-   

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

Asherons Call 2 Hands down! I played AC1 from 2001 till current I also played AC2 from beta until the expansion.

I'm going to be honest if turbine really wanted to make a AC2 comback they could. They are just to stickler about money and not their community...

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116

I don't think anyone has mentioned this game,and probably for good reason.It had true potential,huge world,flying mounts,hang gliding,snowboarding,parachuting.I miss flying around in this game i am talking about.After a crappy release though the game went downhill,and finally was put out of its misery in 2008

Even with all the bugs,unfinished content the game was very immersive.I don't expect it to ever make a comeback or to be revived which makes me sad.The game was Dark and Light.

So i would have to toss my hat in with the AC2 crowd.I loved AC2.

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Tabula Rasa. It shouldn't have shut down. NCsoft sucks so much ass for doing that to this game. It wasn't bad. Just not advertised enough. They forced RG out of the company and shut down the game. I hate them. :/

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter. (You said Any Game)

Because it would make a good MMO, if it was done with respect to the original series

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Ultima Online for me...

I know it isn't technically dead yet, but the graphics are beyond terrible for today's day and age. I absolutely loved the game back in the old days and I have been looking for an MMO to match it ever since. If they brought old-school UO back in full 3D with graphics competitive with other current games, I would play it in a heartbeat!

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by lethys

Don't revive a thing, I want to start something new.  I am so tired of reading about WoW or how great SWG was or how PvP games need to be like DAoC.

That's all great, but give me something that utilizes the advances in tech we've had since those games came out.  We have Intel Core i7 Processors and DX 11, so I imagine that most games should be run with min requirements of at least a dual core proc with DX10 so that maybe we can get decent games.  I hate looking at these old games and I hate how little they really have to do when you boil them down.  Give me a fuller world  than any of the other games.

So you just want something with flashy graphics since thats what you seem most concerned with? Give me gameplay and depth. I could give a shit if its DX11 or not. If its pretty and not fun then who cares.

Double post or not, You sir are good in my book. Games with unique gameplay and depth that DOESN'T follow the regular MMO formula, are good games in my book.

• Recon48Recon48 Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Originally posted by Valdos

^ I'll have the same.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

GalaxyWeb: Stellar Epoch.

A text based game, or MOO to be more precise.

• SinnriseSinnrise Member Posts: 97

I would have to say  AC1 and AC2.

Kind of combine them, AC1 was a great game, the way games today should be played. AC2 was great also, ahead of its time but didnt get a fair shake.  If they combined the best features of both, I would be hooked for life.

I can only DREAM of such a game.

Sinn

• OoklarOoklar Member Posts: 5

Planetside FTW! (die sony for letting this game fail!)

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by KillHurt
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Why? Simple. Because it is arguably the best and most fun game ever made. I want to review it just to get the chance to play it again.
    Graphics: 9
    Soundtrack: 10++
    Mechanics: 10
    Replayability: 10
    Story: 9.5
    Awesomness: Infinite

It's fantastic, sure, but you're lying to yourself if you think it has much replayability.

• VyavaVyava Member Posts: 893

Originally posted by Sinnrise

Kind of combine them, AC1 was a great game, the way games today should be played. AC2 was great also, ahead of its time but didnt get a fair shake.  If they combined the best features of both, I would be hooked for life.

Sinn

AC deserves a reboot. I tried playing AC1 again recently, but too many aspects while functional didn't age well. AC2 I never got to try.

• LordAdderLordAdder Member Posts: 123

Middle Earth Online as it should have been - an open snadbox of Middle Earth.  Or, failing that, LOTRO as it was when it first launched with the promises of filling the voids in the map and staying true to the lore.  What it has become since shortly after the MoM expansion with all of the dumbing-down, the lore breaking features, the absolutely terrible but forgotten and ignored (by the devs) housing, the thrown together and same-old, same-old festivals (especially the Winterfest), and the upcoming F2P with it's store, is just a crying shame.

~ Adder ~
    Quick, Silent, Deadly

• theopatheopa Member Posts: 7

The Chronicles of Spellborn...

The game is already going to die but has so much hidden potential. The Argue between Frogster and the developer team froze any efforts by Frogster to republish TCOS....

It's like Spellborn says: "What lies hidden must be found"

• TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182

SWG

Most complex, sandbox, awsome crafting, music own songs, image designer, droid engineering, perfect and true virtual world, the list of amazing features is endless. SWG for sure

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by Recon48

Originally posted by Valdos

^ I'll have the same.

Yes I would love to have pre-cu, but I would even settle for pre nge at this point.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by LordAdder

Middle Earth Online as it should have been - an open snadbox of Middle Earth.  Or, failing that, LOTRO as it was when it first launched with the promises of filling the voids in the map and staying true to the lore.  What it has become since shortly after the MoM expansion with all of the dumbing-down, the lore breaking features, the absolutely terrible but forgotten and ignored (by the devs) housing, the thrown together and same-old, same-old festivals (especially the Winterfest), and the upcoming F2P with it's store, is just a crying shame.

I hapeen to very much agree with this.  While some of the combat was a bit clucky, I think it could have been worked out.  I loved the idea it was sandbox, and it was placed in the 4th age, after the events with the ring.

Instead turbine locked themselves into a timeline, a huge mistake same mistake that was made with swg. Your limited to what you can do because of the lore.

I watched lotro go from a great niche game with soa, got to lets get the wow crowd with mom with all the armor sets, then in som they tried to get the guild wars folks,  now with the upcomming ftp move its like we will take anybody who breathes apporach.  They are trying to be all things to all players and missing the mark.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by Sinnrise

Sinn

Agreed. AC1 pretty much has all of the features that everyone seems to ask for anymore. Open world, classless system, full-loot pvp (on Darktide or going "Red"), etc.

Asheron's Call 2 was a great game in terms of pure action oriented combat. Not to mention very unique classes, like the Hivekeeper that harnessed bees as weapons.

Now if you were to take the features that made AC1 great, add in a smattering of the uniqueness of AC2, and some other improvements, you'd have a real gem of a game.

BTW, for those who don't like full-loot pvp, AC1 also had pk-lite (or going "pink") that allowed you to pvp against other pk-lite players without the penalties. Turbine had a great blend of casual and hardcore play mechanics, before the terms were even really coined.

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200

pre cu/nge swg for sure (still miss the best sandbox ever and my droid engi)

second: tabula rasa

• ZiezoZiezo Member UncommonPosts: 45

Everquest online adventures (EQOA), than for the PC and with updated graphics! This was a WORLD without zoning and lots of fun untilll SOE (*!@#$$$$!) didn't want to release the expansion and canceled the servers in Europe. 

Playing: TESO (great!)
    Most looking forward for: Everquest Next
    Have Played: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Vanguard, Everquest Online Adventures, Everquest 1, EverQuest 2, Dungeons & Dragons Online, The Chronical of Spellborn, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Aion, CoH, Loong, Dragon nest, LoL, Alods, Diablo 3, NWN, Tera, Poe, Guild Wars 2, Rift
    Most favorite; Everquest online Adventures (EQOA, 2003, PS2)