Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB billing - beware

comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

They are charging your card, which itself takes several hours, and then no delivery of the points. Maybe they do it Mon to Fri only.  So you pay to not play. Seems to be a new model, FTP, PTP, and now PTNP.

No response to support requests either. So it was my first and last payment to that bunch of assholes.

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

The key code for your points was on the confermation page. I would check all the ueuial suspects for the e-mail however.

Also, you should have posted on the OF or writtin support about this, there are a few people experoiancing issues, no one here can help you.

Worked fine for me and many others.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

hmm.. not sure what happened but i bought my copy of APB from direct2drive.. turns out there is no time with it.. tried to log in and can only go to the social zone because my 50 hours that your supposed to get with the game.. isnt there.. next time i think i'll buy games retail rather than online..  guess that was the catch as to why the game was £29... zero time with it image

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

oyew that sux, PTNP(pay to not play for the technically inclined) is a bad thing!  I dont know if this is some type of unique circumstances cause theres alot of people using xfire live and playin and having a blast.

lucky them.. went to the account management thing, and if i spend another 6 quid i can buy 400 rtw points.. i can convert 280 of them into 20 hrs of playing time..

or use all 400 to have a free month of play..  i'd rather have had these charges up front when i bought the game than buy a game i can't play without having to spend more money on it.. though i guess if the social zone is accessable they can get around it that way..  if i could get my 29 quid back i'd do it.. wish i'd paid with a credit card rather than through paypal though.. well.. lesson learned i guess.. i won't be buying stuff from direct2drive again thats for sure.

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Originally posted by Phry

lucky them.. went to the account management thing, and if i spend another 6 quid i can buy 400 rtw points.. i can convert 280 of them into 20 hrs of playing time..

or use all 400 to have a free month of play..  i'd rather have had these charges up front when i bought the game than buy a game i can't play without having to spend more money on it.. though i guess if the social zone is accessable they can get around it that way..  if i could get my 29 quid back i'd do it.. wish i'd paid with a credit card rather than through paypal though.. well.. lesson learned i guess.. i won't be buying stuff from direct2drive again thats for sure.

you bougth with paypal? it will take them a while. mine took 30 minutes for paypal to confirm it and then after that they send email with my points-key code,

• AlX223AlX223 Member Posts: 3

You don't automatically get the 50 hours, you have to use the CD key that they sent to you in an email and redeem it to get your free 100 points and 50 hours. I know at launch people had trouble finding the keys because of the colored background or something so just highlight your entire email and you should have a CD key or something.

Originally posted by koira1

you bougth with paypal? it will take them a while. mine took 30 minutes for paypal to confirm it and then after that they send email with my points-key code,

i got it on pre-order, the kttc bit worked fine.. but.. after that finished.. looks like it didnt have any gametime on it..  i can still access the social zone if i want .. so technically the game works.. but if i want to go visit the other zones.. i have to pay them some more..  which..  tbh, right now im just going to uninstall it and chalk it up to experience...

• AlX223AlX223 Member Posts: 3

You should have another key in an email somewhere...

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

The key code for your points was on the confermation page. I would check all the ueuial suspects for the e-mail however.

Also, you should have posted on the OF or writtin support about this, there are a few people experoiancing issues, no one here can help you.

I am not talking about the initial 50 hours. I am talking about extra time bought.

Of course I contacted the support, received email from them - your order is being processed.

It takes about 5 mins, when credit card is validated over phone, several seconds online.

For APB it will soon be 24 hours.

If you are fine with such "service", good for you. I am not, and this was just a word of warning. And wish you best of luck when you have less trivial matter to resolve with those suckers.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I bought 400 pts but it didn't work the first time.  I had to enter my key again after my time had expired.  For some reason then it worked.  Either that or it just took time to go through, not sure.

I think I used the redeem key button on the account page.

Originally posted by Terranah

I bought 400 pts but it didn't work the first time.  I had to enter my key again after my time had expired.  For some reason then it worked.  Either that or it just took time to go through, not sure.

Doesn't work either. But doesn't matter anymore. APB became our second game canceled due to screwed billing and support.

Luckily there are a lot of alternatives on the market atm.

Originally posted by comicaze

Doesn't work either. But doesn't matter anymore. APB became our second game canceled due to screwed billing and support.

true enough, luckily i hadnt planned on this game becoming my 'main' 20 hrs a month would have been plenty..  if anything good came out of this, its that in future i'll know not to rely on online game retailers, in future i'll definitely be buying the boxed versions only. image

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

true enough, luckily i hadnt planned on this game becoming my 'main' 20 hrs a month would have been plenty..  if anything good came out of this, its that in future i'll know not to rely on online game retailers, in future i'll definitely be buying the boxed versions only.

You can't return open boxed versions for a refund.
    The best thing to do is not buy a game right away, and Pre-Ordering is a horrible idea.
    Play a demo or read (honest/amateur) reviews first, before making a judgment that will cost you money.

I almost bought this game expecting it to be free to play. I didn't (still don't) see ANYTHING on their official website about buying game-time.

I am not alone

http://na.apb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67722

And, of course, not a single phone number on the entire website.

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

I am not talking about the initial 50 hours. I am talking about extra time bought.

Of course I contacted the support, received email from them - your order is being processed.

It takes about 5 mins, when credit card is validated over phone, several seconds online.

For APB it will soon be 24 hours.

If you are fine with such "service", good for you. I am not, and this was just a word of warning. And wish you best of luck when you have less trivial matter to resolve with those suckers.

I was also talking about extra points. Worked flawlessly for me and most others from what I can tell.

Paypal seems to lag, but thats pay pal, other than that, good luck.

Clam your internet rage please. Posting stuff like this here won't resolve your situation.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

I am not alone

That would be ebcouse you need to contact the billiang agency.

https://www.findmyorder.com/

----------

How are you?" -Me

• iank240iank240 Member Posts: 170

I am not alone

A quick search at Realtime Worlds.

APB Support enquiries: [email protected]

General enquiries: [email protected]

Job enquiries: [email protected]

UK Office

Realtime Worlds, Ltd.

152 West Marketgait

Dundee

DD1 1NJ

T: 01382 202821

F: 01382 228188

UK enquiries

View Map

US Office

Realtime Worlds, Inc.

5480 Valmont Road

Suite 350

Boulder, CO 80301

F: 303-530-0541

US enquiries

View Map

RTW does not do the billing.

Also, cases like the OP's are not uncommon in all mmo's.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

That's funny, because there are no alternatives to apb out there. There are mmos, there are fps.. there isn't another apb.

D2D has the keys on a page you have to visit, they don't email them.

My RTW points key was on the key page of the apb account site as soon as I paid for it, then applying the key got the points active right away, while I only had like 5 minutes of play time left on the included time.

Hahaha. Transaction disputed. Enough claims and APB will sell for cash only at flea markets.

Originally posted by randomt

That's funny, because there are no alternatives to apb out there. There are mmos, there are fps.. there isn't another apb.

APB has very little of mmo, for FPS better play CS of even original GTA.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

My RTW points key was on the key page of the apb account site as soon as I paid for it, then applying the key got the points active right away, while I only had like 5 minutes of play time left on the included time.

Global Agenda.

• VexeVexe Member Posts: 549

Included time only came with pre-order.

I have been able to buy points perfectly fine.

Are you sure you're checking the right e-mail or you didn't go past the confirmation page before you got your code?

Originally posted by Panther2103

Global Agenda.

Very true.

Originally posted by Vexe

Are you sure you're checking the right e-mail or you didn't go past the confirmation page before you got your code?

I don't understand a single word.