Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've been waiting forever...

TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I know there will never be SWG precu officially again.  But I have been waiting to play the unofficial complete version forever.  Some day...

Comments

• PreCUPreCU Member Posts: 382

first of all, I have no idea what you're talking about.

second of all, me too.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388
    The dream is over. Its been too long. I bet you'd lose interest within a week.
  • JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Terranah

I know there will never be SWG precu officially again.  But I have been waiting to play the unofficial complete version forever.  Some day...

It's too bad they hit a point with the Emu where the code for the remaining missing systems wasn't included on the game disks. I really want to go back in time and play my Creature Handler again, but they're going to having to code that from scratch instead of recovering it from the disk data. If they ever manage to get the thing to a "complete" status, though, I'll definitely hop into the wayback machine and pay a visit, even though it means I need to get a new (or old) video card.

Originally posted by dhayes68
    The dream is over. Its been too long. I bet you'd lose interest within a week.

you're probably right. After playing on test servers for years I'll probably quit within a week of an official launch.

Originally posted by Jenuviel

It's too bad they hit a point with the Emu where the code for the remaining missing systems wasn't included on the game disks. I really want to go back in time and play my Creature Handler again, but they're going to having to code that from scratch instead of recovering it from the disk data. If they ever manage to get the thing to a "complete" status, though, I'll definitely hop into the wayback machine and pay a visit, even though it means I need to get a new (or old) video card.

you've been mis-informed. They've been coding the server from scratch this whole time. That's why it's taken so long. They don't use code from the client as the server. That makes no sense.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i lost interest in the unofficial version long time ago. SWG  died for me a long time ago.

to paraphrase Grand Moff Tarkin

"The fire has gone out of the universe"

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Everyone is entitled to like what they choose to but it is amazing so many people still long for such a flawed product as SWG was.  It was my first mmo so I do remember the nostalgia and fun involved in it being my first mmo ut after playing so many other stable products I just can't see myself wanting to go back to this game as it was, now if they could somehow make it with the stability that say WOW has I'd be all for it but this game always had big problems to me that we were willing to overlook and if the best they could do is what they had right before the CU and NGE they can keep it.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

they aren't recreating all the flaws, unless by flaws you mean game systems that worked but you didn't like. Although systems like jedi and the frs are going to be reworked entirely. And individual community servers will have options like whether or not they allow 4 piece suits. There will also eventually be added content, including quests, possibly new starting species, and even new planets.

we all see flaws in the old precu, which I played for years, but games like WoW, which is highly polished, is unbearable to me. So to each their own. Game mechanics flaws are better then game-not-fun flaws.

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

i'm afraid that by the time its done and released the world will be experiencing the "generation 10" mmos and playing pre-cu would be like playing pacman.

still, if the current mmo trend continues it might just still be worth it. 

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Troneas

i'm afraid that by the time its done and released the world will be experiencing the "generation 10" mmos and playing pre-cu would be like playing pacman.

still, if the current mmo trend continues it might just still be worth it. 

I would trade in My Koldike Bar for that!

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan