Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea: Frogster to Publish TERA in Europe

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a press release sent out earlier today, Frogster International has secured the publishing rights to TERA for the EU.  Frogster International is responsible for the EU publishing rights to Runes of Magic, Bounty Bay Online and Chronicles of the Spellborn.

Gang Seok Kim, the CEO Bluehole Studio Inc., added: “We are very glad that TERA is now making its official debut in Europe, as we firmly believe it is a critical region in the gaming industry. Bluehole sought out a partnership with Frogster because of their successful publishing ventures in Europe. Our biggest desire is to see European gamers enjoy and have fun with TERA, and we will make our best effort to that end.”

TERA will be published in North America by Seattle's En Masse Entertainment and is currently in development by Korea's Bluehole Studios.

Check out the EU TERA site and sign up for the newsletter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Is tera going to go the f2p route? with micro trans?

afaik all the titles under Frogsters are f2p.

About their successfull ventures, Im not sure you could call Spellborn a success, but I guess it depends on how high youre aim is.

• ThorHalThorHal Member Posts: 89

Frogster = Pay 2 Win

and it won't change with TERA.

Yay, totally gonna play on NA servers now.

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

Frogster= not good

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Bluehole sought out a partnership with Frogster because of their successful publishing ventures in Europe.

In what universe ?

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

in Asia it willbe f2p with cs, in USA subscription based in Europe it was said to be sub but now I dunno what to think

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

omg.. Frogster, they will make it another f2p aka pay2win :{ now i can uncheck this game from wanted list i think

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

It has never changed from being considered P2P. Everyitme it has been mentioned that it will be P2P and I highly doubt it will change.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

There is no way it's gonna be free aka pay 2 win, get over your mind.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Originally posted by paterah

There is no way it's gonna be free aka pay 2 win, get over your mind.

its a rational mind that equates frogster with f2p, considering that is what they are known for.

That they are chosen to publish the game makes it a valid question.

The game is it seems produced and made in a way that dismisses the fluf microtransaction as the method for making money, and that makes the speculation that you would indeed need to purchase, exp pots, enchant upgrades and other whatnots in order to be competitive another valid speculation.

Wether one has issues with that or not is not really the debate for me. When a game has micro transactions I allways base my spending on wether its a good enough game to me, that I would have shelled out a normal sub every month to play it. If it is, then I settle my spending on an amount equal to what a monthly sub would have been.

• AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96

It does not matter if it is p2p or f2p.If Frogster is involved in any way, shape, or form, I will be avoiding this game. They already burned me once. They will never get another cent of my money.Period.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

They completely screwed up The Cronicles of Spellborn by dividing the whole EU playerbase into different regions!

The game never had a fair chance, as that publisher / region splitting fiasco pretty much pissed off and chased away the entire fanbase before the game even launched.

And now they got their hands on TERA! 

Well.... here we go again. /sigh

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

It's not going to be F2P/RMT in Asia, that's incorrect. It's being built as a subscription game both over there, and over here.

Kind of a weird choice in publishers, though. They won't be making it F2P. Frogster has said before that they want venture into subscription based games, and this is probably their very first foot in the door at most.

• AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by Valentina

It's not going to be F2P/RMT in Asia, that's incorrect. It's being built as a subscription game both over there, and over here.

Kind of a weird choice in publishers, though. They won't be making it F2P. Frogster has said before that they want venture into subscription based games, and this is probably their very first foot in the door at most.

Don't care, I won't be supporting any game or company that has anything to do with Frogster.

Kinda funny to think Frogster would be interested in a sub game.They do realize that they would have to provide people with REAL customer service then,right? Lmao!

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Bad news one co. needs to beable to publish this stuff in multiple regions and allow play through, its really a bad idea to divide you pbase.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218

lolz frogster whahahahaahaha........

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• ShizaxxxShizaxxx Member Posts: 86

Frogster.. I was really hyped about this game, but that just changed. Frogster don't care about customers, they care about money, and at some point, it will ruin the game in EU. And unfortunately I live in EU :/

• killercookiekillercookie Member UncommonPosts: 14

let me imagine a conference at frogster´s.

ok frogster crew we got a new game comming!

oh wich one ?

Tera !

hmm dont know that.

OK, so what we need ?

I would say: 1 GM, 1 guy in the support, and 50 guys for the cash shop I would say !

Hmm that enough ppl for the cash shop ?

Ya should be ok.

So this seems to be a good game, so how can we patch it that it will suck ?

Hmm dont know, but we can do it !

OK lets do it like with all games, rip ppl off, ruin games with great potential and get the pocket money from the kiddies wohoo FR$GSTER rules !

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

hahahhah omg frogster is in the house lololol...ok Tera is out of my future wanna play mmorpgs ..next....

• SnizhSnizh Member Posts: 4

Frogster = GOA

same shit :(

• ThrasherbillThrasherbill Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Axewielderx

It does not matter if it is p2p or f2p.If Frogster is involved in any way, shape, or form, I will be avoiding this game. They already burned me once. They will never get another cent of my money.Period.

+1

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

lol...frogster.  lucky me, i'll be playing the NA version.

• ArlettaArletta Member Posts: 63

Guess that's one game I can scratch off my to look at list.  Frogster....um....yeah.  I don't need another pay to win mmorpg.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Poor Europeans... getting Mythos and TERA through the hands of Frogster.

Anyway Tera, like Aion is a game developed with subscriptions in mind (pay per hour on Asia, pay per month on the West). So there is nothing to worry regarding pay to win being the rule.

The only thing to worry about is Frogster awesome server administration... ;)