It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'll start off by saying that this is one of my "review after a couple hours of playing" reviews, so please take this review of my initial impressions of the game with a grain of salt.
I started off by playing the PlayOMG version, and I will tell you now: stay far away from that version. Unless of course you want to read quest dialog that is barely comprehensible and play alongside a low population. The OGPlanet version of the game is the one for North America and Europe, and from my experience with both versions OGPlanet has *much* better English translation, a better population, and it seems like I got more money when looting. If you try this game make sure that you go to this website : http://neo.ogplanet.com/home.html
Here is a brief overview of features and my impressions of the game, that I have gathered from playing and researching.
- The graphics are good looking, sort of on the cute side (but can go the other way as well, for example you start out the game on a ship that is next to a giant two headed serpent and a rainbow lol). The game world is very polished and detailed.
- Skill based instead of class based. This means you can become pretty much any 'class' you can think of, by choosing your weapon and the abilities or magic abilities you learn.
- Character customization is decent, with the ability to change your eye, hair, and lip color, character height, hair style, face, etc. There is only one race which is human though.
- Chaos system. It kicks in on a map once a certain number of monsters have been killed. It changes the look of the map, makes the enemies more difficult (and more profitable), and allows players to join like a PvP battleground
- Criminal system. When a player goes into PvP mode and attack an NPC or another player that does not defend itself, the player will be called a criminal with different penalties.
- PvP including group battles in regions that are experiencing Chaos, Guild Battles, and Territory wars ( Guilds can own territories and adjust the tax rate and such, and fight over ownership weekly)
- I read that there is like one dungeon per map in the game, I don't know whether there are raids or not.
- Grouping with other players increases your exp gain, and the longer the group goes or the more people that join the higher the EXP increase.
- Marriage system. If you and another character get married you can teleport to each other with wedding rings.
- Variety of crafting professions, pretty much the standard fare. There are stones in the game that you can craft or find, that you can equip to your character or use to enhance weapons or armor.
- There are a lot of options in the system settings. You can control your character by holding down the left and right mouse buttons and turn off "click to move" in the options, there is also WASD movement.
- There are pets and mounts, and a quest tracking system
There are many other details about the game including being able to jump, being able to transform into monsters when you find a book they have, showing your equipment in saddlebags when you mount up, chat bubbles, nice little details like being able to see your characters footprints or your mounts footprints, having a mount at level one, and many other things. On my short time playing on the OGPlanet version I have also noticed a very nice community!
Final Score: 8.6/10 Great game!
In this section I'll provide a few screenshots and a few tips to any newcomers who might try the game.
If you notice the white text in the last screenshot, it shows up when you rotate the camera and it leads to wherever your quest is located. I recommend going into the settings and turning off the NPC and Character names so that you can easily see that text.
- When you vendor, you do it by dragging the items you want to sell or buy from your bag to the sale window or vice versa.
- To chat in zone/general you can do so by hitting enter and then the ~ button.
- You can perform emotes like dance, by just hitting enter and typing dance, for example.
- Before you buy a skill book, make sure to check your character and see if you are the right level and if you have the right amount of attributes (for example you need 11 INT for fireball 1, and you gain 3 points per level that you can allocate yourself)
If anyone wants to play with me my in game name is Sallacious . Please feel free to share any comments or questions. Thank you!!
FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM