Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from this!

NetuddkiNetuddki Member Posts: 13

I wanted to try the trial.

I downloaded the client and registered on the site.

I got a messed up activation email, where the link was not clickable and there was no break between lines.

I had to check twice to find my generated password.

Finally I activated my account and tried to log in.

I couldn't use my alias (which I had to find out and change) so I wanted to try my email address as a username.

On my german keyboard I was not able to write the "@" into the client.

I thought, I ask on the forum. I had to register again separately for the forum, just to find out that I can't start a topic, I can't PM a mod and I can't even answer to a topic or write on the member page of a mod.

There was absolutely no option for me to ask for help.

I am a busy man, who has maybe a few hours in the week for gaming. If I want to try a game, I don't want to use my free time for looking on forums, for registering multiple accounts and messing around with shit.

I uninstalled the game and will warn everybody to stay away.

If they can't assure a smooth experience even by a fricken forum, then how can I expect something userfriendly in their support or gameplay.

No thanks!

So, if you want to save yourself some frustration, keep away from this mess.

Comments

• RadmuzRadmuz Member Posts: 85

While I am no longer playing I had absolutely none of those problems. If a person takes the time to contact a mod they are extremely responsive. The game has problems. I am so limited on time I am not playing any games currently. But the staff was the most accessable I have ever ran into.

• nothereatallnothereatall Member Posts: 18

Every time someone makes a post telling people not to try a game, it only makes me want to try it if I haven't already.

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by Radmuz

While I am no longer playing I had absolutely none of those problems. If a person takes the time to contact a mod they are extremely responsive. The game has problems. I am so limited on time I am not playing any games currently. But the staff was the most accessable I have ever ran into.

I have to agree the staff is very accessible.  Not certain why you were trying to write on a mod's page but if for some reason you're not able to post in the support forums, definitely send an email.  They respond very quickly.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Is this free yet?

I've been itching to try out their real time skill train system I heard about, but I'm not paying for a game I know I'm not going to like. I just want to experience it. 

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by TheHatter

Is this free yet?

I've been itching to try out their real time skill train system I heard about, but I'm not paying for a game I know I'm not going to like. I just want to experience it. 

There's a free trial available from the main site.  However, if you've played EvE, you've experienced the skill training system.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by nothereatall

Every time someone makes a post telling people not to try a game, it only makes me want to try it if I haven't already.

Two words: Derek Smart.

Still feel like playing?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Still feel like playing?

Nah, he doesn't play.  Don't post anything resembling a criticism of the game on the main forums, you can usually avoid attracting his attention. 

• nothereatallnothereatall Member Posts: 18

Still feel like playing?

Those words do not affect my decision whatsoever.

My point was that I do not let other people's critical posts deter me from trying the game myself.  I understand that everyone has a right to their opinion and can post that they do not like a game, but many people seem to do so with the attitude that their opinion is so special that everyone would just automatically agree with them and not try the game for themselves.  I am not saying that was the intention of the OP, but after seeing so many people say "DON'T PLAY THIS!" or "STAY AWAY!", it just gets a bit silly.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Still feel like playing?

After all of this?...  Just don't say anything even close to negative on the official forums and you should be fine. Better yet, don't post on the official forums.  Just give the game itself a try.  Everyone has to decide for themself.  If you are interested, Google Derek Smart. He has a rather long and colorful history.

But my experience with the QoL staff was nothing but positive. They go well out of their way to help. I wish that was true of other MMO's.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • NetuddkiNetuddki Member Posts: 13

Maybe they are helpful, but how can I find out if I have ABSOLUTELY NO option to contact them. There was no email option as well.

I don't say, my opinion is the one, everybody should follow. I was telling: if you want to save yourself frustration, don't even try. You can follow my advice or not. It's up to you.

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

All this trouble so you can use your email as a username? Yea, you are a busy man

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Originally posted by Netuddki

Maybe they are helpful, but how can I find out if I have ABSOLUTELY NO option to contact them. There was no email option as well.

I don't say, my opinion is the one, everybody should follow. I was telling: if you want to save yourself frustration, don't even try. You can follow my advice or not. It's up to you.

Decided to test out your theory to see if it was really as hard as you say to create an account.

After some initial weird issues with the Alganon trial website not loading I was able to create, activate, and log into an account within 3 minutes.  I also changed my alias and account name with no problems either.

I'm not really sure what the problem is.

The game is horrible, so I agree with your initial recommendation of staying away from it.  But I'm not sure why you had so much trouble with their account system, it's pretty straight forward.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."