Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats this game like>?

good or no?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Would be funny if it turns out to be the best of the lot.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

I don't think it's out just yet.

• TirralTirral Member UncommonPosts: 3

its not out yet. if you read more about it you'll know the day they plan to "release" it

• cyberphazcyberphaz Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Tirral

its not out yet. if you read more about it you'll know the day they plan to "release" it

Which is "fall 2010"

I doubt it will keep anyone's attention that frequents these boards for a longer period of time, as it will be targetted at the same audience that the series on tv is targetted at, 9 to 14 year olds. 

Still, I like the tv series, so I will give it a go, should keep me busy till SW:TOR hits ;)

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

It will be just like FreeRealms with a Star Wars spin to the mini-games.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

I watched the Videos and it doesn't look too  much  Freerealms.

What I did see were RTS elements in the game, control and direction of forces, it has pets alright, but not the PREFAB

ones that TOR has you can MODIFY your droid AND program it or whatever you have..... you know like in Star Wars.

You will have mini pets and Real pets.

There will be in game email, unsure of economy and such, there will be Cash shop and pay for premium but mostly the game is free to play otherwise. From what I saw  you can play imperials or Republic, and one other race I saw so far.... but its still in beta so... All of the Clone Wars Characters are in the game so I imagine the races will be as well.

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/215316-3.jpg?rand=96F814D1-07A9-626E-DDF7CB79281508B8

I doubt very seriously it will be a Loot grind at all, being kid and .. well PEOPLE friendly you probably wont see that.

Also Freerealms has Gathering and Crafting as well as farming so its a good bet this game will be more Sandbox friendly, and more social than TOR.

• ArionelArionel Member Posts: 9

I'm too lazy to look too, but wasn't it a play in your browser type game or I could've sworn they said a retail title will be availible.

• robalecarobaleca Member Posts: 45

Its *edit: NOT* standard mmo, it has a lobby and you connect to the minigames.