Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking to try this game. have some stuff to ask.

punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

ok i love pvp is there any? and if so what type of pvp. and is there levels and classes in this game?

any thing else you can tell me please do!

thanks

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by punkrock

ok i love pvp is there any? and if so what type of pvp. and is there levels and classes in this game?

any thing else you can tell me please do!

thanks

The games main form of pvp are guild vs guild outpost battles. Its a staged offensive and defensive pvp system that has two guilds and anyone else who wants to participate fighting over an outposts that yeilds resources.

Then there are Free for all pvp areas, these areas have some hardcore mobs, boss mobs and rare materials that attract people to them

There's a Kami vs Karavan faction system in place a player gain fame and then after a certain fame level can side with one faction or none at all. once you do this you get access to a global faction channel and can flag yourself for pvp situations.

There are also select dedicated pvp arenas in the game, basically just small areas that make you flag for pvp against everyone.

The game uses a skill system. There are 250 levels for particualr skills. as an example my character is a 200+ two handed Edge with 200+ elemental magic, 150 healing and 100+ Desert dig.

Theres no skill cap so you could create any kind of character you want within the skill system.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

thats very coo. so i can make a hybrid clas?  if so very coo. and i like the faction vs faction thing. and the guild vs guild.   i never been into ffa lol.

thats good info on this game. does it matter what race you pick?

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

Other than personal aestheic preference, there is no "matter" what choice you make regarding race.

Appart from a slightly better resistance to each races prefered sort of magic, that is. And differences in startig fame, with the factions. So the only thing you might want to consider is which faction you want to join.

At the start Tryker and Matis are Karavan aligned and Fyros and Zoraï are Kami aligned. Which can be changed during gameplay by doing missions for the other faction. Or you can just stay faction-neutral. No Problem with that.

But, its better to get rid of all previous conceptions you might have from other games.

Ryzom is almost completely different.

There simply is no such thing as "classes", or "race ability" or such concepts. Every character starts out the same and only over time and your ability to bulit your own actions comes thereal  "difference" to others.

Although, of course some players will always tell you that "you have to do XY THIS way", but well, its not truly like this.

Everthing works in different ways within the system. So you might just as well use your own actions instead of clinging to the preconceptions of others.

I´ve been playing for six years now and while I surely accpted the occasional advice from friends, I´ve successfully avoided becoming an "action clone" of everybody else just because everybody else does it "this way". Which is definetly not always the best way, as I´ve found quite often.

Take your time realy learning the ropes and not trying to do everything at once and in the least amount of time.

Open yourself to a different gameplay experience and avoid to think in clichés from WoW clones.

Enjoy the game, not some artificial grind, that others might want to force you into. "Because you´re nothing without a 250 Master." Which in my experience is simply not true.

And most of all, have fun plyaing ;)

CU

SaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by MaDSaM

Other than personal aestheic preference, there is no "matter" what choice you make regarding race.

Appart from a slightly better resistance to each races prefered sort of magic, that is. And differences in startig fame, with the factions. So the only thing you might want to consider is which faction you want to join.

At the start Tryker and Matis are Karavan aligned and Fyros and Zoraï are Kami aligned. Which can be changed during gameplay by doing missions for the other faction. Or you can just stay faction-neutral. No Problem with that.

But, its better to get rid of all previous conceptions you might have from other games.

Ryzom is almost completely different.

There simply is no such thing as "classes", or "race ability" or such concepts. Every character starts out the same and only over time and your ability to bulit your own actions comes thereal  "difference" to others.

Although, of course some players will always tell you that "you have to do XY THIS way", but well, its not truly like this.

Everthing works in different ways within the system. So you might just as well use your own actions instead of clinging to the preconceptions of others.

I´ve been playing for six years now and while I surely accpted the occasional advice from friends, I´ve successfully avoided becoming an "action clone" of everybody else just because everybody else does it "this way". Which is definetly not always the best way, as I´ve found quite often.

Take your time realy learning the ropes and not trying to do everything at once and in the least amount of time.

Open yourself to a different gameplay experience and avoid to think in clichés from WoW clones.

Enjoy the game, not some artificial grind, that others might want to force you into. "Because you´re nothing without a 250 Master." Which in my experience is simply not true.

And most of all, have fun plyaing ;)

CU

SaM

+1

Just enjoy the game man. last thing you want to do is join a bunch of power leveling morons wanting to use you as a mindless healbot in OP battles.

Take your time, try everything and be social.

I've been playing Ryzom for a little over a year and half (on and off) and I have no masteries and i enjoy the game big time (when i have the time to play).

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP