Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aika, Give it a Try!

serpterionserpterion Member Posts: 7

I am not one to give out an opinion on a game unless it made a huge impression to me. Aika has many things going for it and only a few pitfalls that I’ve experienced thus far.

Pro's

1. The game has a good quest base so you don't have to do the "Korean Grind" as everyone calls it. I have made it to level 35 by questing and very small grinding.

2. The quest line little more in-depth than "I need you to kill 10 mobs because I hate them."

3 Some quests have different options in which your character can take; outcome rewards can differ depending on which path to take.

4. Graphics are "Korean standard".  The landscape is well done. The female characters are absolutely stunning, male characters are chiseled to reflect how we all are in real life (yeah right :D)

5. Mob detail is pretty deep as well.. I noticed in one mob boss match that when he swung, his loin cloth moved to one side showing his disgusting white pubes underneath. It's nasty, but nice to see they put a level in detail that makes you want to really look at the mob you're attacking to see if you're missing a hidden attribute like that.

6. Player base is decent currently.

7. PVP is simply awesome :) PVE is just as good (has instances where you can PVP people or swap over to the PVP server to aid in mass PVP battles).

8. The game has sieges, rune/relic takeovers, and honor killing awards which will keep you buzy for days to come. When you take another Nation's (each server is a nation) relic, it's a global buff to the Citizens (you earn citizenship at a lower level) which helps you PVE and PVP so it's always a perk to beat up another Nation for their global buffs :D

9. They're pushing out new content every so often which is a perk and just recently raised the level cap so we know they're not done with this game to make it great.

10. The game has mounts which you can buy from the mini-store or can get once you hit 40 through questing. Mounts also give you attributes too which helps in PVP PVE.

Cons:

1 Battle system is a little spammy, but what game doesn't have that? They have enough skills where the feel is like Lord of the Rings battle play (a little more choppier though).

2. BOTs.......... BOTS....... Damn BOTS!!!!!

3. Gold Spamers.. They sit there and spam the hell out of popular areas like the bank, auction house, and port in places with gibberish.

4. Some minor bug glitches. It's a very new game, but what do you expect? All new games have their fair share of bugs. They get weeded out eventually right?!

5. Crafting system is a little simple... Wish they could incorporate a critical creation or something that could make you want to craft basic level armor with no attributes.

[EDIT] Okay, yeah you have a chance making a "Superior" crafted weapon or armor which gives higher damage and AC vs a normal crafted piece, but  crafing is lacking depth like getting a mystical stone and making it have lightning damage or otherthings like that. I know there is Enchanting which you can add things like +30 hpts, but still Crafting could be a little more in depth than it is :).

All in all the game is FREE (with an Item shop, but it doesn't look like you need to really vest into it until higher levels where you can use upgrade items to level your weapon to make it buff). The most you're going to lose by trying this is your time... I was skeptical at first but found it rather pleasing. Don't get me wrong, it has attributes of a normal Korean MMO and also has a Western MMO feel as well.

Hope to see you in game. I'm in Vanov.

[EDIT] Character name is Genneveux (Pally) Currently L37!!!

Comments

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

The PvP endgame is also great.

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

Ah, the gold spammers. I can't stand gold spammers. Thank goodness for "block".  

I really like the pran, the little fairy/girl companions. I tend to view my pran as a little sister for my character. I know some people hate them, but I think they are cute and charming. (Of course, I also had a house crawling with pets in EQ2 and my WoW characters also had useless animals following them, so I might be one of those people who just loves fluff... At least the pran are interactive to a degree and can actually do something.) 

Playing a cleric, I really like the instanced dungeons I've done in groups, even though sometimes it gets a little intense. I like some intensity in a game.

Also... Hail, Vanov! 

• MizakoMizako Member Posts: 31

Its bad that classes are bound to character's gender. I found some animations ridiculous, especially the one of the wizard and the running animation. Is it my pc's problems or characters move so unsteady?

Good: though customization is not rich most models are good-looking so you have a  some choice at least. Paladin's models are striking, I was astonished in fact, its outstanding! So admirable and well-designed, I never liked to play melee characters but I was totally charmed.

Pleasant looking locations, interaction with npc looks strange though.

So far it definitely deserves a try.