Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MY Review

DerekHarumiDerekHarumi Member UncommonPosts: 37

So most of you will click on this game and ask, "Are you serious, who would ACTUALLY play this? It's a game for five-year-olds!" Well, the truth is, this game is targeted for everyone, age 5 to 105.

Toontown Online is an unique MMORPG. Toons from around the "Tooniverse" must defeat evil Cogs in order to restore peace to Toontown. They do this by fighting the Cogs and "killing" them with their gags (or weapons, if you please).

First, when you get in-game after downloading & installing it, you will have one slot to make a toon. Click it, and you will be prompted to make a toon. You can choose the toon's gender, (animal) species, color, size, and name. After creating your toon, you will begin the Toontorial (tutorial), in which Tutorial Tom will tell you about how Cogs are trying to destroy Toontown and how toons defeat them.

After completing the Toontorial, you will find yourself in Toontown Central, one of the many "towns" in Toontown. It is the "beginner" town, where all new toons start off. Completing Toontasks (quests), shouldn't be too hard, as each time you complete one you will be able to choose a new one from the NPCs.

Once you finish Toontown Central (at 25 laff points), you are done with your free-to-play experience. It's time to pull out that credit card and pay for a subscription! That's right, Toontown Online is a pay-for-more-content game, sort of like Wizard 101. Once you buy a subscription, you can continue to enjoy your experience as you work your way to 137 laff points (the highest level). You will be granted all the content there is once you buy a subscription.

Gameplay - 9/10

Pretty fun. Though you probably won't find it fun if you are some crazy fantasy addict, it is fun for most of the people willing to enjoy something.

Community - 9/10

Try to stay away from the popular districts such as Nutty River and Nutty Summit. This is where you will find the some of the rude people. Though you are not allowed to cuss, some people can find their way around it.

Customer Service - 10/10

Disney has the best customer service. This is definitely why you should stick with this game. If you send them a report/question, they will respond in a day or two. Very fast responses!

Graphics - 10/10

Very good. Nothing else to say here.

Music  - 10/10

Everything fits well to the setting.

I recommend you try out this game! If you like it, buy a 1-month subscription. If you continue to like it, buy the longer-lasting subscriptions. This game is a ton of fun, and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking fun and adventure! 

Comments

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

I played it for awhile actually and had fun with it when I was a noob. I don't do Disney games too much anymore though because some of them are kiddish and etc. It's a great game if you enjoy funny stuff and Disney.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• LoneWolfiNTjLoneWolfiNTj Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by DerekHarumi

... Customer Service - 10/10 ...

... Graphics - 10/10 ...

... Music  - 10/10 ... 

While I'm a 5-year Toontown fanatic, I'm not quite as enthused by certain aspects of the game as you are. 

I love the gameplay most of all.  The structure of the game is complex and varied and challenging.

I also love the fully-rendered, correct-perspective 3d world of Toontown.  It's so realistic, it's like being inside a cartoon!

I also love the corporate and social and historical puns.  Spin Doctors, Micro Managers, and Robber Barons, oh my.  (Can you tell me what a Robber Baron is?  Hint, check your US history books.)

I also love the cooperative nature of the game (as opposed to PvP), and the sense of community and comeraderie.  (Though the community is very diverse and does have a few bad apples, there are a lot more friendly players than unfriendly.)

But as for the music, I think it's pretty silly.  Canned midi-like cartoon tunes.  Cute, but can get quite cloying after awhile.  I sometimes turn it off and play new-age music on Winamp instead. 

The graphical backgrounds and props are very colorful and cute, but a bit simplistic even for a cartoon.  It's gotten better over the years, but still not as good as, say, Wizard 101.

And as for the customer service, if you manage to get ahold of them on the phone, they can be helpful, but if you try communicating by email, you get nothing but useless, inappropriate canned auto-responses, possibly followed up by an equally-useless, irrelevant response from a live employee.  They should turn off their autoresponders and retrain the folks who answer their emails

But all in all, I agree that Disney's Toontown Online is a fun game, for both adults and children.  For $10/month you get 6 toons, so a family of 6 can play for $1.67/month each, which is very cheap.

By the numbers, on scales of  0 - 10 , my grades for Toontown:

Gameplay: 8

3d virtual world rendering: 9

Art: 4

Music: 4

Social / Corporate / Historical humor: 10

Community: 8

Cusomer Service: 6

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA
    twiddletooth [at] gmail [dot] com