Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stupid fanbois. How is this possible

Such a high rating? How is this possible? Just cos you LIKE a game doesnt mean you should 10/10/10/10/10 everything. The graphics are dead terrible and not jsut last gen, more like last century. I signed up, played a day and couldn't stand it anymore. And the learning curve is extreme. It does offerr a great MMOFPS experience, but things don't carry over to the next 'round'. However I can't emphasize this enough. IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP. How can it possibly get a 7+ for graphics?

I'm really dead tired of stupid fanbois messing around with games' ratings.

I played this about 5 months ago, and while it does look MUCH better now (but still crap I've seen crappy asian F2Ps look better), most of the ratings were probably cast back when it looked damn awful. Scenery is monotonous and I couldn't get my plane to lift off, or fire my tank so ended up going infantry. And don't even get me started on how hideous are the units. Crap I've seen f2p asian games look  better. I'll say that a 3rd time. Even crappy f2p asian grindfests look better. While gameplay and other issues may be GREAT I don't see how it can get 7.3 for GRAPHICS.

Official screenie below. Note that it looks 100x worse in game.

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193

1. Graphics aren't importent

2. its the old engien, the new grapichs look much better

3.go troll somewhere else

• Silver_LeafSilver_Leaf Member Posts: 135

Lol there should be a new rule around here: Fanbois will be banned on sight. You're calling me a troll for asking why it got such a high score for graphics, and you replied graphics isn't important. Then by all means give the graphics a poor score! Rate the other sections highly, but the graphics obviously didn't deserve it.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

Originally posted by Ingvar

1. Graphics aren't importent

2. its the old engien, the new grapichs look much better

If graphics aren't important why does CRS waste time improving them?  Why not  leave it like it was in 2001?

• Silver_LeafSilver_Leaf Member Posts: 135

Look I  know many of you love this game, which is fine. Be careful not to slip into fanboidom. Anyway, the point is not if its a good game or not. I have nothing against the other ratings and I like the concept of a big open mmofps.

However really take a hard objective look at it. The other ratings may be deserved but definately not the graphics. I'd give that a 5 at best. You may have had great experiences, so by all means give it a 5/10/10/10/10/10.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Silver_Leaf

Look I  know many of you love this game, which is fine. Be careful not to slip into fanboidom. Anyway, the point is not if its a good game or not. I have nothing against the other ratings and I like the concept of a big open mmofps.

However really take a hard objective look at it. The other ratings may be deserved but definately not the graphics. I'd give that a 5 at best. You may have had great experiences, so by all means give it a 5/10/10/10/10/10.

Hopefully you've learned that the ratings on this site (well, ratings in general) don't mean anything.

• MrKWMonkMrKWMonk Member Posts: 18

While I agree the ratings in this case are overweight, graphics do not make for a great game.  The ooh, ahhh wears off  and should not be the final yard stick to judge something by.  If the gameplay is good then it's a good game.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Reviews and ratings of games are manipulated and often dont describe the truth for yourself, better test a game and judge it with your own eyes. I would never trust any ratings on this page here or in game magazines, its just an indicator but cant describe if you personally really like a game. Furthermore reviews are manipulated since its journalism with a big million market behind and none neutral fanboism contributes.

The graphic is for sure not a 10/10, its a unique game without competition unfortunately and provides gameplay you wont find probably in other games. I did play it from 2002 to 2006 and had really a blast, but nowadays I dont play games that much anymore and if i play a wargame for the limited time I have, I would probably prefer armed assault 2.

• BlahTeebBlahTeeb Member UncommonPosts: 624

It isn't just this game, this happens everywhere, conspiracies exist within the site...

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

"Fanbois" exist, but so do haters. In the end they balance each other out.

Someone who is a fan boy, may rate a game as all 10s to get it higher up on the board. Someone who is a hater will rate it as all 1s to knock it down a peg. Everyone else falls somewhere in between.

But I'm sure a title such as yours is bound to get this post and thought process the respect and intellectual conversation that I am sure you were hoping for.

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

That screenshot looks horrible, I have much clearer textures and not as much jaggies as in that screenshot.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

What are you talking about?  Graphics looks fine to me.  I especially like the way allied tanks blend in with the foliage where axis tanks stick out cause they are not the same colors as the bushes.

• lightingbirdlightingbird Member Posts: 103

I love FPS games but more a bit on the realistic side.  Not to mention, I am a big mmorpg fan. 

Firstly, graphics are important.  Anyone who says they are not usually has a crap machine and just doesn't know the differnce.  With that said, this game is very outdated graphic wise.  Although, the gameplay really shines if you like realism.  Thats what I loved about this game.  It felt real.  It felt exciting knowing you could do fast and quick so every movement counted. 

BUT.....

The population is just not there really.  Now when I played their was decent action but not all the time.  Sometimes it was unbalanced or just too much of a hike to get to by travel.  Personally, I don't think this game should have a monthly fee unless they add in more live events, make the world smaller, and jsut do a bit more to make it worth paying.  Id play in a moment again if it was free.  I did enjoy it but it just seemed like I was giving away money.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

If you do not like a particular game it is fine to voice your opinion. But do it in a way that you do not offend others. Please remember our Rules of Conduct before posting. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.