Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New forms of gameplay

jusomdudejusomdude Posts: 2,389Member Uncommon

I constantly read about how people are sick of typical MMO gameplay... Grinding, Raiding, PvP.

If that's the case, what new gameplay can you come up with?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,733Member Uncommon

Well, for starters, i would really like to see some MMORPGS make more use of puzzle/logic/critical thinking stuff, rathe rthan just button mashing. What the hell happened to all the old RPGs we used to play that had all kind sof fun little puzzles to solve in them in order to unlock hidden areas, or progress past traps in dungeons, or release elite bosses, etc that made them fun rather than all about gaining your next level. Think about some of our old console RPGs.. FF, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, Wild Arms, etc that actually had fun & challenging puzzles to solve that didnt involve being X level or having X gear to get past.

All of the thinking has been cast aside for supposed "action" which consists of pressing a few buttons while standing still in most cases, not my idea of action to begin with.