Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Careful What You Wish For

Mopar63Mopar63 Member UncommonPosts: 300

A lot of people have been saying they want to see the ST franchise in the hands of another, well here it is...

Gameforge Gets STO Franchise

Comments

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Originally posted by Mopar63

A lot of people have been saying they want to see the ST franchise in the hands of another, well here it is...

To be fair, the comment usually goes along the lines of "want to see it in the hands of another who can do it justice"

That said, I think this is already being discussed at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/17226/General-Free-to-Play-Star-Trek-MMO-Interview.html#comments

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by mklinic

To be fair, the comment usually goes along the lines of "want to see it in the hands of another who can do it justice"

That said, I think this is already being discussed at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/17226/General-Free-to-Play-Star-Trek-MMO-Interview.html#comments

Yep, there's two different threads about it. To be fair at least Gameforge is being upfront about exactly what everyone is going to get from them, right from the start.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by mklinic

Exactly, thread over.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

How nice for Gameforge!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Um, Gameforge didn't get the STO franchise.  I didn't see anything saying Cryptic no longer has rights to STO, unfortunately.  Gameforge got permission to make another ST game.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

The sad thing is, the orignal Star Trek game Gameforge will be working on will probably have a far superior exploration element to it than STO does.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan