Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to have to see it to believe it.

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

This game sounds great after reading the entire home page for this game.   The question is, is it going to be real?

I'm going to have to see a video of this before I believe it.   After STO's epic failure at making an explorable space and making planets that were very undetailed, I would have to say this needs to be shown to me before I consider pulling out my wallet.

Here is what is posted on thier site http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=34

lets see a video of this first, if you can show me this, you'll have another customer here:

****As stated on thier own site******************

Seamless planetary engine: The Infinity engine features a completely seamless experience. You can fly in space and land on planets, traveling directly from deepest ranges of space to the rolling hills and sharp mountainous peaks of a distant planet fluidly, without any loading screens, timer bars, or unnatural transitions. If you can see it, you can fly to it !

Comments

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Did you watch the latest Tech-Demo of the game?

Part 1:
    Part 2:

That's the current state of the engine running Infinity.

In addition to this, there's tons of videos from the alpha-combat-client and lots of other stuff like the physics-demo etc etc... Just watch them in the media-section and on youtube.

To make this into a game there needs to be content, like ressources to harvest, items to craft and things to fight for or NPCs to blow into pieces etc

So far it's not a real game, besides the alpha-combat-client but the engine sure is one of the greatest I've seen to this date.

• PittyHPittyH Member Posts: 116

I heard Bioware bought the rights to the infinity engine for use in SWTOR

lol if only :P

my web design: www.advancedws.com.au

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

The guy who develops the Infinity-engine isn't going to sell it to anyone.

And that's actually the most astonishing part of Infinity, that besides some artwork and some 3d-modelling it's a single person who has developed the whole thing during the last 6-7 years.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Wow that is the most impressive thing I ever saw in a space game.   This game is definatly going on my list to watch.     This is exactly what I was hoping for in a space game, star trek gave the license to the wrong people, it should have been these people.     If only I could get a refund for STO lifetime and use it for this game.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Yeah, this game has amazing potential.  It's taken a LONG time to get this far with it, but it will be one to watch for sure.

Tecmo Bowl.

• DrazoDrazo Member UncommonPosts: 25

Originally posted by jrs77

If by selling you mean selling away his rights to it then no he's not. He seems to want to make his dream game and not let some big money run it in the ground.

But if by selling you mean licensing the use of the engine then yes he actualy will sell the engine when it's done. And i believe he intents it to be free for none commercial products.

• NaghoNagho Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Drazo

Originally posted by jrs77

If by selling you mean selling away his rights to it then no he's not. He seems to want to make his dream game and not let some big money run it in the ground.

But if by selling you mean licensing the use of the engine then yes he actualy will sell the engine when it's done. And i believe he intents it to be free for none commercial products.

So pretty much an approach on the engine rights similar to that of the Unreal Development Kit? Use it as much as you want, you just gotta pay me if you make money from it? That sounds pretty reasonable.

• BerindorBerindor Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Pitt_Hammer

I heard Bioware bought the rights to the infinity engine for use in SWTOR

lol if only :P

At least they got 'Ashen Temper' from Wolfpack studios. ^^

The Shadowbane Emulator (SBEmu) http://www.shadowbaneemulator.com

• bmw1966bmw1966 Member Posts: 49

Your gonna be waiting a Loooooooooooooooooooong time for this one.  Its basically a one man show.

Even shit sometimes has corn in it. That's content.

Sometimes poo is soft and other times it's rock hard, that's variety.

Actually the only thing FFXIV even has in common with crap is that it stinks.

but the music's good For 5 minutes - "theartist"

• GigglebottleGigglebottle Member Posts: 40

I wonder if he wants to open up recruitment up to a couple of non paid intern personal to get the game out a tad bit faster. I am sure people would jump at the chance to work on it even if they aren’t getting paid for it. Or even a donation tab on the home page so he can hire some personal to speed up the process a tad. I don’t want them to rush and through something together that is total garbage. I want them to succeed, but do it in a timely manor. I give the guy his whole credit he is doing an awesome job for a small team operation.