Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X3 based MMO

TarkaTarka LancashireMember Posts: 1,662

X3 seems to be a pretty good example of the variety that many look for in a space based MMO.  It surprises me that Egosoft havent "expanded" the game to become an MMO to challenge the likes of Jumpgate Evolution, Black Prophecy and even Eve to some respects.  It wouldn't have to be set in the same timeline as X3 (maybe years later) and the story line wouldn't necessarily have to be centred around the player.  Nevertheless, X3 certainly seems to have many of the elements that players seem to be wanting in a space based MMO.

Comments

• FibsdkFibsdk Buda, TXMember Posts: 1,112

Originally posted by Tarka

X3 seems to be a pretty good example of the variety that many look for in a space based MMO.  It surprises me that Egosoft havent "expanded" the game to become an MMO to challenge the likes of Jumpgate Evolution, Black Prophecy and even Eve to some respects.  It wouldn't have to be set in the same timeline as X3 (maybe years later) and the story line wouldn't necessarily have to be centred around the player.  Nevertheless, X3 certainly seems to have many of the elements that players seem to be wanting in a space based MMO.

Never tried X3 because of Starforce ( i know it was later removed but by then i had lost interest) but a Freelancer type MMO and I'm there!