Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Item Store Opens [UPDATED]

Comments

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165

Well this really sucks. I know this game was in a decline, but I still really enjoyed it. Now they've permanently lost another subscriber. It's a damn shame, but the gaming industry as a whole is getting greedier and greedier, and I'm just not gonna put up with it. I'd much rather miss out on a good game than just bend over and let them have their way with me.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I don't play this game but I did take a look see at there items.   Man I gotta say, those prices are steep.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Well, there goes any plans I had to resubscribe to Fallen Earth. :(

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Shortly this game will be remembered in MMO hell as this was the final nail in it's coffin. It was already doing terrible, now with all these subs canceled the doors are going to close fast.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

for those quiting over Item shops, that is sad...because its simple don't buy the items ...

Its not game breaking stuff, WOW has done it for ever. I never bought there items,

Cryptic does it I dont buy any of it I have yet to have it get in the way of my gaming so for those quiting over these goggles That I even have from a magazine.. I could careless if they wanna sell again and peopel spend money..

But if people quit because of this , that is sad who cares... Just do not buy them its simple... they where not there before well act like they aren't, there nto game breaking..

I think people just like to whine..

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

for those quiting over Item shops, that is sad...because its simple don't buy the items ...

Its not game breaking stuff, WOW has done it for ever. I never bought there items,

Cryptic does it I dont buy any of it I have yet to have it get in the way of my gaming so for those quiting over these goggles That I even have from a magazine.. I could careless if they wanna sell again and peopel spend money..

But if people quit because of this , that is sad who cares... Just do not buy them its simple... they where not there before well act like they aren't, there nto game breaking..

I think people just like to whine..

Wow items do not affect gameplay.  I don't mind cash shops in a F2P game.   DDO and LOTR have it right.  Giving items iwth states. . storage etc. . is fine. . but not while charging a monthly fee.  That is my opinion.  I don't care about the money.  I could buy all of these things no problem.  The fact that real money gives someone an advantage in an online environment is one I am not willing play in.  I don't find it sad at all.  It is my choice and I think a lot of others would agree.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Coldrain_13

Originally posted by Hashbrick

Shortly this game will be remembered in MMO hell as this was the final nail in it's coffin. It was already doing terrible, now with all these subs canceled the doors are going to close fast.

Stuff that can't be obtain through pvp, or crafting. If they do that then that would piss off the pvp crowd and might finally send the crafters over the edge.

Sorry, this is a very serious question as I have not played in awhile. . but the dog with extra storage capacity. . Is something like this craftable or able to be gained through PvP or even PvE.  It might very well be and I am truly asking.

Now that I think about it though I would agree with you.  What worries me though is that it is the start to a slippery slope.  For example. . selling respecs.   I would love if they did but there is a reason they did not have it in game.. . so to sell it after arguing so long against it seems pretty bad to me.  

If they can limit it to cosmetics I am all in.  They have already gone past that.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OMG!! I predicted this TODAY!!! This very morning!!!

Next they will move to a F2P model. Watch and see if they don't.

I mean, it's a shame, really. FE had so much potential.

Don't laugh too hard, only a matter a time before most other Dev houses jump on this bandwagon.

Lure of easy money is too strong.

Worse then easy money it's just the sick culture of endless insatiable greed. It truely disgusts me the level of junky addiction-greed that laissez-faire style capitalism

swims in.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by MikeB

What is truly surprising about this announcement is the fact the store doesn't appear to be limited to "fluff" or convenience items, as the Brass Goggles are essentially the straight up purchase of gear.

Knee-jerk panic. Either MikeB didn't check what these bonuses were or he's trolling you.

The goggles don't offer anything that a player cannot obtain inside of a few hours of playing, and they are of only cosmetic use to anyone that's been in the game for more than a week (RL, not played).

For those who play FE, here are the stats:

Armor Use: 9

Resists: +10 Piercing +8 Fire and COld +2 Acid, Radiation, Poison and Disease

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by Coldrain_13

Originally posted by Hashbrick
    You're talking so much shit out of your ass I can see the smoke flying out. Will this cost some subcription loss? Maybe, but what no one is talking about here is this. The junk on there so far is shit. Fallen Earth knows enough not to offer top grade stuff on there. Stuff that can't be obtain through pvp, or crafting. If they do that then that would piss off the pvp crowd and might finally send the crafters over the edge. We got this major pve/crafting update coming up I believe so only time will tell.

I doubt FE will be stupid enough to follow the Cryptic path.

You might only see pre-order promo items on there, with maybe some respec vouchers and stuff. Nothing big.

Really? Let me know how you feel in a couple months. Maybe you missed the whole staff killing and the "restructuring" of the company. However it's no secret the company hasn't been pulling what it needs to, I can only see this going down from here. They will milk what they can from this shop and cut loose.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Loktofeit

What is truly surprising about this announcement is the fact the store doesn't appear to be limited to "fluff" or convenience items, as the Brass Goggles are essentially the straight up purchase of gear.

Knee-jerk panic. Either MikeB didn't check what these bonuses were or he's trolling you.

The goggles don't offer anything that a player cannot obtain inside of a few hours of playing, and they are of only cosmetic use to anyone that's been in the game for more than a week (RL, not played).

For those who play FE, here are the stats:

Armor Use: 9

Resists: +10 Piercing +8 Fire and COld +2 Acid, Radiation, Poison and Disease

That really doesn't change the fact it's still straight up gear for sale. I never said they were selling epic loot or anything, but its still significant in that it can affect gameplay at all, something worth noting.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Hopefully other indie devs will read and learn. FE devs, you blew it. Hopefully you will get some extra cash that will correct the cash flow (lulz?)

And yes. I will aswell cancel my sub. So this summer it will be EVE that will kill some time for me. 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105

same here

but EVE

that game tends to suck up every moment of my free time - will have to really think hard about going back image

• doomdealer79doomdealer79 Member Posts: 24

Icarus Studios has entered the RMT fray with the launch of their very own Item Store for their post-apocalyptic MMO, Fallen Earth.

The first two items available in the shop include a Kaibab Cur ($10 USD) pet which offers players companionship and an additional four storage slots, and a pair of Brass Goggles ($5 USD), which offer protection from piercing, fire, cold, and ballistic damage.

Check out the item shop here.

What do you think of the new item shop? Let us know in the comments below!

[Thanks skinnys for the tip!]

Thank god I left that gong show before it went complete prostitute. Nice to see their brain dead devs working hard at making ways to soak even more unearned money from its customers instead of using their time to implement long dead promises for advancement in gameplay that would attract regular sub customers.

Way to take a game of great potential and throw it in the shit bin.

• lakers4evalakers4eva Member UncommonPosts: 15

You wanna now how i feel about it? I started playing from day one of pre-release and today i canceled my sub to Fallen Earth. I can not support cash-shop in a P2P game. Dosent matter if its fluff items or not, even if they are selling suspiciouse cheese i would still not support it. I urge anyone else that feels like i do to unsub now. We need to take a stand, THE CASH-SHOP NEEDS TO GO.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Time for Icarus to start raping their player base, very sad when this happens but even more so when it's an indie studio doing it. This kind of gross all out no holds barred cash grab just sickens me, guess we'll see FE on the station pass this time next year or canceled!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Ceridith

Any desire to come back to the game after I decided to take a break a couple months ago is now gone.

I kind of saw this coming after they gutted their staff... which is why I left.

Me too. Best decision ever!

They really pulled a "John Smedly" on their playerbase with this one. Unannounced. So out of the blue.

So much for the claim that their subscription numbers were rising. Mehh... they are no their last straws and try to milk their remaining playerbase for every penny they can.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

RIP

BestSigEver :P

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

I actually left in December, then march/april I saw teh 'come abck for free motnh' offer, So I duly got my free code, entered it and played for a few hours then logged out again

Imagine how Peeved I was to see on my CC bill the following month they had billed me for it.....

and now this? as above, Subs+ is a SUPER bad idea, but as we have already seen, everyone is moving that way, there will always be someone who is cash rich time poor who will stump up a few bucks.

I doubt CCP would go this way, the reason why? it would decimate the player economy if they could pay cold hard cash RL for a Titan instead of having to purchase the materials ingame....

and I am sure their economist would punch whoever it is who sugests an Item shop, PLEX are fine, not item shops

• thesleeperthesleeper Member Posts: 5

I lol'd.

If anyone thinks that this is not the way all MMO's are going then you are mistaking.

Best would just be to deal with it and hope nothing of consequence is sold on the shop.

The goggles are fluff, a novelty item which I doubt anyone will wear past the week they bought it.

Where has whining about it gotten you so far on any other MMO which has it? I see Blizzard went and removed their mount in utter fear of the whining masses.

Not.

• CyberShark07CyberShark07 Member Posts: 6

I keep up w/ MMO news as much as I can and play a fair amount of them but haven't tried FE yet.  I always planned on it, just haven't had the approriate amount of time.  When I first read this I was as angry at it as you all were.  I hate the idea of item shops plus subs if the items are more than fluff. 

Then I read a little further and I think someone said that these goggles were given away from a magazine.  I could be wrong about this.  And they appear to be a very low lvl item.  I still don't like the idea of selling stat items but if this was something from pre order or some type of giveaway, then I tend to be more ok with it.  Though I think a game should be out around a year before they do this.  As long as they don't sell anything that wasn't given away at some point and then sell the rest as fluff stuff, it doesn't seem as bad as it's being made out to be. 

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Fallen Earth is a game that lacks some of the more complex systems and polish of other MMO's, but it still requires a premium subscription fee to play. Now the resource strapped Icarus Studios will be focusing on developing cash grab items for the cash shop while players continue to pony up their sub fees.

What is 'fluff' to one player is content to another. Items in the cash shop represent rewards and/or craftables that should be accessible in the game. Maybe Icarus should have thought about making extra revenue through account services instead, such as expanded inventory, name changes, shared vault slots, character slots, etc..

• ryuga81ryuga81 Member UncommonPosts: 351

I was there since day 1, I unsubbed a few months ago as i lacked free time, i was going to resub in september but... oh well, it's gone... a huge disappointment!

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Originally posted by choujiofkono

I think this..image

Which some politically influenced people mistakenly refer to as a troll, which if you look at what it actually depicts is just the truth.  The truth is sometimes hard to accept.  The death of the MMO genre.

Couldn't agree more.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by thesleeper

I lol'd.

If anyone thinks that this is not the way all MMO's are going then you are mistaking.

Best would just be to deal with it and hope nothing of consequence is sold on the shop.

The goggles are fluff, a novelty item which I doubt anyone will wear past the week they bought it.

Where has whining about it gotten you so far on any other MMO which has it? I see Blizzard went and removed their mount in utter fear of the whining masses.

Not.

We are dealing with it, and that's by avoiding (re-)subbing to or quitting the game, because the addition of RMT crosses the line of our enjoyment of the game, for various reasons amongst us.

In this case for Icarus, it looks like there are enough pissed off players quiting, and those who were deciding to come back changing their minds because of this, to seriously hurt FE's player base. In all possibility, this decision to add RMT for FE has significantly hastened it's demise.

So yes, if a developer wants to tack on RMT to their game, they can. That doesn't mean we'll gobble it up or stick around while they infest the game with RMT. We have the choice of avoiding or leaving that game, which many of us who dislike RMT do.

The MMO industry can only go where where we, the consumers, let it go.