Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Link Realms: BETA code request

impiroimpiro onbekendPosts: 204Member

So, I have been waiting for the beta to open up for quite some time now, but sadly it is still closed. I was checking the link-realms website multiple times a week to see if anything had changed and of course it didn't. I got so annoyed of checking that I decided to create an account today, so that I maybe could get a notification when the beta opened. When creating the account I noticed how I could get in the BETA only by a code given by an existing member! So, my question is if anyone has a spare code and would like to share it with me. If so, please PM me. I would really like to participate in the BETA.

Off-topic:

Why is there so little on Link-Realms on MMORPG.com? It has some awesome sandbox features and has nice oldschool influences. It is in fact one of the very few mmo's that I would really like to play atm. The big titles just bore me to death with their big promises and even bigger budgets. So sad to see those big budgets go to waste on games that cant deliver on half of the promises made. Seriously, where did the money go?  Probably to advertising so that they could hype their big promises that they didn't deliver upon in the end, I guess.

Comments

• d0n0d0n0 Palma, BalearesPosts: 123Member

You are not getting a beta code by simply asking for it, if you are active on the game forums you will see why, and actually now there is an open poll and debate if the game should have an item shop and stuff.. and by the way, the actual lead developer of the game has this as a forum sig: B3TAC-0D35A-R3F0R-P30PL-3WH0D-0NTB3G

... in case you did not get the sarcasm that means -> Beta codes are for people who dont beg.

There is no knowledge that is no power.

• strageestragee Beverly Hills, CAPosts: 68Member

Originally posted by d0n0

You are not getting a beta code by simply asking for it, if you are active on the game forums you will see why, and actually now there is an open poll and debate if the game should have an item shop and stuff.. and by the way, the actual lead developer of the game has this as a forum sig: B3TAC-0D35A-R3F0R-P30PL-3WH0D-0NTB3G

... in case you did not get the sarcasm that means -> Beta codes are for people who dont beg.

The OP wasn't begging, that was a reasonable request.  Obviously he doesn't know anyone in the game otherwise he would ask him/her.  Why hijack a thread like that?  I'm interested in the game as well and would like a code.  How does being active on the official forums change anything? 

What, because a few nice people were kind enough to hand out beta codes to whoever was asking?  If the lead developer didn't want that to happen, then maybe he should have limited the amount of invites each person gets.  Or here's a thought maybe he shouldn't have made friend invites an option in the first place.  If anything he should be counting his blessings that anyone want to play the game in the first place.

• VinterkrigVinterkrig BOSTON, MAPosts: 1,672Member

shit i forgot about this game, haven't played it in forever.... @_@