Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Just had to do it... My first impressions

StoyStoy Member Posts: 11

This post was just repeating the obvious, i didn't read the other posts before i wrote it, bla bla.. bed time.

please delete

Comments

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Let's hope Derek doesn't find this.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Old news, everyone noticed, and many posts about it....

• StoyStoy Member Posts: 11

maybe before posting this i should have actually looked at the other posts? Turns out everyone knows :) who would have thought it... i am silly.

ah well, a lesson learned. It is very late however, perhaps i should go to bed.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

ok you've guessed it, this game is a WoW clone, but it's not just any wow clone, its a damn carbon copy of World

i am going to write to blizzard and hopefully get this game shut down,

Oh, nice rant but if you do write Blizzard a letter don't forget to ask them why they aren't moderating their constantly abused chat channels as if they couldn't pay moderators with the millions dollars they are making every month, why they are selling ingame stuff in their store on top of P2P, why they broke a lot of their promises like allowing PvE to PvP transfers 2 days before Warhammer's launch, why they couldn't develop their own ideas and had to carbon copy from Warhammer universe (to make it cartoonish, silly and childish) and EQ.

And when they answer honestly, i may consider being shocked by what Alganon seems to be.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Sorry but...

Everyone says Alganon is a pretty close WoW clone. Then you download and play it, and come here to tell us: "it's a pretty close WoW clone". Oh duh, thanks Cpt. Obvious.

Also I kinda think you picked the wrong reasons for why it's a clone. I mean talent trees that are divided in three categories? Dozens of games have that, and some of them are very different from WoW, and some of them have existed a long time before WoW did. Icons? Modern MMORPGs use hundreds or thousands of them. The number of ways you can create for example a fireball icon are limited.

Yes, I tried Alganon too. And I didn't sub to it either, because it was, like most MMORPGs, pretty generic. I don't think it's an extremely bad MMORPG, but neither does it offer enough for me that I'd play it.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• -exo-exo Member Posts: 564

Originally posted by Stoy

This post was just repeating the obvious, i didn't read the other posts before i wrote it, bla bla.. bed time.

please delete

Is your keyboard and monitor ok??

www.roxstudiodesigns.com

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

So you told us it looks like WoW has stuff like WoW but i don't see where you said the game lacks in gameplay e.t.c?

I'm not sticking up for the game but all i see here is you complaining cause it is like WoW not because the game is bad or not??

Even if it is lacking playerbase  maybe it might be a good option for those ppl who do not want to put up with the majority of the crap Community WoW tags along with it, or maybe ppl just need a change of scenery, sure it looks and has stuff like WoW but a change in area's could just feel like an expansion if you know what i mean, but still having what they are used to such as graphics, skill trees e.t.c might feel like an easy transition for them..

Anyways good to know that you now know what all of us already do :)

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

I'm sorry but this game doesn't remind me of the 3 months I played wow back at release.  It doesn't remind me of any game I've ever played.  It is that bad.

Have you seen the animations?  My god man.  Diablo 1 released in 1996 has better animations.  Seriously.  That first mage bolt looks like 2 f'in circles colored purple its horrible.  The first frost bolt thing I got was just as horrible.  Like a little circle of blue.  Holyshit we made something amazing.

I can't honestly believed I was gave this game to level 5.(The Mage-Tank concept appeals to me unfortunately) Without that simple appeal this game would of been instant uninstall.

Maybe the world does look similiar to WoW, but that world style looks similiar to another 15games as well so its a moot point.  The animations are in a league of shit on their own.  Its freaking horrible.  I have Zero artistic talent and could do a better job, and have when I've modded animations for some games.