Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ban from MO Forums mean banned from game also

2»

Comments

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Originally posted by bcrankshaw

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by zephar123

Unbelievable, I am glad I saw the hand writing on wall. This company is clearly a bunch of jerks. I have seen far worse statements in many mmorpgs without a ban.Irronically half statements I see some of fanboys make should deserve a ban far more then this.

With launch, and it's inevitable failure, rapidly approaching they are counting on those fanbois to keep them afloa tin Mountain Dew and Cheetos.

Or maybe SV is getting tired of some of the constant and repetitive criticism at MO when it is still in Beta ?

Maybe that is why he was banned ..you never know ...50/50 chance ?

yeah, they trolled and flamed the MO forums just like they're flaming the game here.  They go to the forums, whine and rage about how evil SV is, then whine and rage SOME MORE when SV decides they don't want these people on their forums.

Who expects SV to really put up with this kind of crap?  Would you let some troll call your entire customer base stupid repeatedly?

edit:  If you go through the MO forums, you will see A LOT of dissenting posts, threads, etc.  There is relatively little moderation in MO's forums, and I've seen the typical "someone hates the game, sticks around for months anyway" poster keep making posts for months.  I find it hard to believe that these particular posters were somehow singled out despite their supposedly acceptable behavior.  In other words, it takes a lot to get banned from MO's forums.

I think there's a reasonable amount of trolling on any game forum, and MO is no exception from this. Whether or not they allow some dissention isn't really the issue here, it's what they really choose to hide that is more telling about how they operate. Right now, there's another thread (the last ones have been closed) about the unethical business practices that SV is trying to engage in. I'll link it shortly. But if it gets deleted/closed, I think that is far more indicative of the way they run their community, to shield the truth and hide their unethical behavior, than it ever would be to badmouth the game.

Here's the link -- let's see how long it stays up this time.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/43831-warning-auto-subscription-renewal-w-out-permission.html

I never said it's a beta.  And you're really suprised that a repeat thread is getting deleted?   Isn't that what moderators do with 100% repeated threads? 

edit:  and what if the thread gets locked, but not deleted?  Is that still SV silencing the issue?

Heh, didn't take long -- the thread is already deleted.

It's not repetitive if they don't answer the question at ALL. They are underhanded, unethical cheats and since we have *proof* to that point, it is important that we call them out on it.

Unless of course, you like underhanded business people selling you games regularly -- because the more you reinforce this behavior, the worse it will get over time.