Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite character you ever rolled?

Comments

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by bezado

Best character I ever rolled ever was my Shaman from EQ!!!

Most fun I ever had on a game for years. Even a year ago it was a blast still, maxed level and end game raid gear.

Why I did big bold words above, cause that is how I feel about that, there is no game since that gave me that kind of joy and fun but some have been close but not copied.  I would love to get another experience such as that.

Aye....as my sig says, would like a true update to EQ.

There is so much in game, they could simply remake it into a new game. Taking away so much of the grp/raid focus(2 man tag teams, and say 5 to 10 man raids).....folks would have a few yrs worth of content. Just update the zones with new graphics.

The biggest inverstment would be for engine/tuning....all the lore/layout is already taken care of.

Short of someone pulling their own server thing(which is illegal), I dont see SOE every doing it.

When you say max shammy are you talking max lvl/AA....cause when I left in 06 my Nec has like 200 AA, and there were a ton more available. Last I heard there are thousands now(think I saw a sig with someone having 6 or 8k worth). What a grind :)

I was max lvl with max end game raid equip. I had over 5k aa's not maxed on aa though but maxed level and end game gear.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I think it was in SWG as well, namely because the customization was robust enough to make a dude who looked just like me in RL. He was a TKA/Pistoleer/Smuggler.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

the hero class on daoc was my fav. but my first was a warrior on UO

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

Shillien kinght  (Lineage 2) it was one of the funniest pvp chars I ever played 

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

Game:- UltimaOnline

Char:- Toecutter (macer)

This was my PK hunter, most pvp fun i ever had til AoS nerfed him to hell (unsubbed a week later)

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

In Aion, Aladdin Sane a Ranger. He looked exactly like Ziggy Stardust it was a good time when other David Bowie fans would get the reference and stop you to talk about it. I suppose a close second would be my gnome mage years ago when I played WoW.

Funny that my favorite characters are not from my favorite MMO's.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Demensha

Game:- UltimaOnline

Char:- Toecutter (macer)

This was my PK hunter, most pvp fun i ever had til AoS nerfed him to hell (unsubbed a week later)

Wasnt Toecutter the name of one of the bad guys in the original Mad Max?

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

EQ - Beastlord

Loved that guy. He was awesome.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Moaky07

Best character I ever rolled ever was my Shaman from EQ!!!

Most fun I ever had on a game for years. Even a year ago it was a blast still, maxed level and end game raid gear.

Why I did big bold words above, cause that is how I feel about that, there is no game since that gave me that kind of joy and fun but some have been close but not copied.  I would love to get another experience such as that.

Aye....as my sig says, would like a true update to EQ.

There is so much in game, they could simply remake it into a new game. Taking away so much of the grp/raid focus(2 man tag teams, and say 5 to 10 man raids).....folks would have a few yrs worth of content. Just update the zones with new graphics.

The biggest inverstment would be for engine/tuning....all the lore/layout is already taken care of.

Short of someone pulling their own server thing(which is illegal), I dont see SOE every doing it.

When you say max shammy are you talking max lvl/AA....cause when I left in 06 my Nec has like 200 AA, and there were a ton more available. Last I heard there are thousands now(think I saw a sig with someone having 6 or 8k worth). What a grind :)

I was max lvl with max end game raid equip. I had over 5k aa's not maxed on aa though but maxed level and end game gear.

Cool....me and the wife raided in an adult family style guild....about 4 or 5 expansions behind current at the time. My nec had the clicky stick from Time. Raided 2 nights a week for like 5 or 6 hrs each. We usually fielded high 50 count of folks for raids. Sometimes we had more than 60....but not often.

Left when we got into God expansion....think I got keyed for it...cant remember. Wife went on to play EQ2 till this very day, but my Crohns Disease bugs me a lot more(had it since 82), and started taking Vicodins daily in 06 due to 20+  yrs on steroids.

I missed EQ for a long time. Like my sig says, if they ever re-do it without so much demand of time, or a game of its nature, I am there. Nice to see another EQ1 fan here....tired of folks around here acting like sandbox was the most popular back then.

Take care :)

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

Scribe Mage with GM fishing in UO

Typically I don’t like mages or any spell casters other than clerics, but I spent mass amounts of time fishing and semi-strict RP in an RP-PVP (alliance guild warring) community. My RP thing was a pirate by trade, sort of Templar style pirate. Every guild needs at least one pirate to keep things lively :D

Originally posted by Demensha (unsubbed a week later)

Same... :(

Well about month and a half, gave it a chance, but it was just absolute junk the way they changed the game to item based etc. I already had a sub with EQ for years as well, which worked with gear based, didn't need another and that didn't work. Most everyone left that first month. One of the largest guilds in the game pretty much evaporated. And yes, I had a macer too, very fun, especially hearing your opponent cry because your war hammer just smashed their armor in a few swings lol But if they were friends I had a GM armorer to fix it for them :)

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

1. Taranis Thilandrae, Dar Khelegur Priest of Saedron and Blade Weaver (Shadowbane, Mourning server)

Taranis lived more prior to the game's release than following it. I roleplayed him consistently from the first tidbits of Elven lore to the very last days of the beta, from the official message boards to the guild boards of House Gilliandor, and I was thoroughly infatuated with the character. By the time of the game's release, however, the guild had disbanded and I had come to find that the game itself was a spark beside the blaze of its lore and couldn't permit me to really embody Taranis therein. It was a fun ride, though. The Chronicle of Strife still lives fondly in my head. Khuioi Dar Khelegur!

2. Dinari Ta'Ziyah, Erudite Conjurer (EverQuest II, Antonia Bayle server)

I loved EQ2's Erudites, I'm sorry. I liked almost nothing else that diverged from the original EverQuest, but the Erudites were just plain awesome. I dare say perfect. Dinari was a celebration of that. I didn't put much more thought into him than taking the wholly intellectual concept of the Erudites and giving it a pretty face (greatly disappointed as I was with EQ2's elves), but he's somehow one of my favorites anyway.

3. Keyer Aldarion, Wood Elf Druid (EverQuest, Tallon Zek server)

More because of the game than the character, but my memories as Keyer are nostalgia at its best.

4. Maaien Tekern, Sebiestor Tinkerer and Anti-Amarrian Terrorist (EVE)

I've since given the character to a friend and become known instead as an Intaki named Kavin Alavandar, but Maaien was my first character and notorious in his day, back in the Paratwa. Maaien had a lot of character. In the late beta and in the early days after release, he was known for being the fastest damned artillery around. A cruiser travelling at >2km/s striking targets at >80km with artillery for 4000dmg with each round? Yeah, the good(?) old days. It couldn't be done today, and that's a good thing, but boy are the memories vibrant.

5. Tadashi Amaya, Praetorian Enforcer (All Points Bulletin)

This one stands poised to rise higher on this list. Named after an Achura character in EVE I never got around to using very much, he resembles something between a Japanese pretty boy, a Mafia brat and a young, blue-eyed Hitler, sans-mustache. He's kind of a big deal, can't hear you over how awesome he is and doesn't afraid of anything. We'll see how this goes, but he's a promising chap.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

My Blade Dancer in Lineage 2. I played that character so much (Got to level 75 on it). I only stopped because I sold my armor / weapon to roll a new character, and then ended up not liking it. By far one of the best group classes I have played, and my overall favorite character I have rolled.

• ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117

My favorite character I ever rolled was a HG Templar in Shadowbane.  He was pretty gimp but he was the first character I felt I could hang 1v1 with.  Unfortunately Templars done do so well in large groups so I rolled  Cent Barbarian that wasprobably my second favorite character.  I ran with a group of 2-3 other guys running cents and we would just roll over groups of people.  Was good times.  The other char I really enjoyed was an Elvaan in FFXI.  drg, sam, and war were all a blast to play as elvaan.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I am the original Aggro. Almost 10 years ago I made the first one in Anarchy Online. I re-rolled that 'Aggro' several times (and I mean ALOT) until I finally ended up with the Atrox Trader Aggro.

I will always love him.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• ironleviironlevi Member Posts: 122

Herald of Xotli in Age of Conan.

Loved the concept and combat. Melee AoE mage with a 2-hander that transforms into a demon. Don't play the game anymore but still have fond memories of this class.

• kalanthiskalanthis Member Posts: 111

PnP: D&D 2nd Ed: Elven Fighter/Mage. Majorly OP'ed, but he was fun as hell to play. Dual-wielding warrior with stoneskin, fly, Dimension Door, Fireshield, Improved Invisibility. RP'ed him a bit as well. He was more concerned about how things looked that what armor score they added...until he finally got his Black Dragon Skin Armor..which combined style and substance!:) Ah, the good ol' days. Most memorable point...GM dumped the character naked into one of the Forgotten Realms hells...think he was trying to kill him off. Luckily I had my trusty dimension door memorized and normality was restored after a short jog through the hell. Only ever got killed when he was jumped without any spell prep time in a 'dream' by the Drizzt knock-off in the group who also just happened to have a Vorpal Sword.

MMO: Some great ones in CoH and CO. Also liked a lot of the classes in WAR. Hunter in WoW was a bit easy-mode, but helluva fun too.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Beastlord in EQ1.  Something about duel wielding maces and having a tiger pet that was bigger then me...proc'inc ice or posion from his mouth was just badass.

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

I have a couple actually, for some reason the characters I originally set out to play I never play that long and the characters I roll for fun to relax and take easy are my favorite, That being the cause.

EQ- High Elf Paladin on TZ (I loved him more than any char I have made to this day, have some great memories and I had a rivalary leveling up against a Dark Elf Shadow Knight, that when we were in the same zone would hunt for each other and have some epic battles, Plus back in the velious days Nature's Defender was just one of a kind.)

Druid on Karana- I made this character after taking a break from pvp and gave Karana a try I normally roll male chars but I figured i'd give a female wood elf a shot and just see what being a druid was like, Fell in love with the class and character and when i returned to EQ awhile back I played her and power leveled a warrior up, still only character I did an epic quest (Nature's Defender really wasn't an epic although it certainly looked it.)

DAoC

Armsman- I was originally an Elf Ranger and took some time away from all the green in Hibernia and made a Armsman for a change of pace I ended up going all the way to 50 and never left Albion.

SWG

Bounty Hunter- I was original a swordman and than Carbineer (for pvp), until I became a Jedi Once the CU came out I hung up the lightsaber and made a Bounty Hunter instead, Never picked up the lightsaber again as I loved hunting people (Jedi and than pvp players on the new bounty system), I even took contracts on Jedi people wanted to suffer an XP loss, back when that was common place for a Jedi death.

• Arick07Arick07 Member Posts: 2

Tulien? i think i knew you when i played EQ.. you remember a druid named Kira? :) Zeb server

• Arick07Arick07 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by dougmysticey

Mine was my first EQ character. A Bard named Tulien who I had explore most of Norath and had a travel website with pics from all the places he visited. It was cool. Never got  that same sense of exploration and wonder again in an MMO experience as that.

Tulien? i think i know you from EQ, remember a druid named Kira? :) Zeb server

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Probably my Thane in DAOC. I am a huge Thor fan. Playing a thane felt like playing Thor.

I also liked the mage/defender from AC2.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• jdm12983jdm12983 Member UncommonPosts: 46

My original toon I had gotten hooked on was my Warrior if WoW; then I got to playing my Hunter and that has become my main.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

My Chosen in WAR.  Overall, I think that game has some of the most interesting character classes I've played in an MMO, and for me, that one was the most fun.  Being able to actually "tank" in PvP was great!

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163

My fav gal was in my ole' EQ days.. Her name was Azzarria Zathla'een - Barbie Beastlord & her pet - StormHammer server..

And my 2nd favorite was in WoW.. PanWicket -  My cute lil ankle-biter.. hehe :)

"Huntress"

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

In no particular order:

Shadowblade (DAoC):  I would hit people so hard I could literally hear them cry out in pain over the internet.

Berserker (DAoC):  If I were to rank them this one would stand out because I was part of an awesome guild of people on the Merlin server by the name of Dragons Blood.  I miss those people, and to this day still talk to a few of them.

Skald (DAoC):  Was the first character I rolled on the Galahad server and was part of another awesome guild by the name of Loki's Minions.  I had to stop playing that game due to school and lack of money and what not.  By the time I got back to it I couldn't find the people again because they split the guild up and changed names so I rolled on Merlin.

Warrior (DAoC):  Classic server, I think it was Ector but later they were amalgomated to just one big one.  Made him a good split between offense and defense and I stayed in the newbie starter guild the whole time helping people out and stuff.  Great time all the way up till I quit because I didn't like where the game was headed.

All the other characters in all the other games I've played never really clicked and are usually acompanied by some stupid drama that I'd rather forget.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-