Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: 10 days and counting... Do you think the game will survive?

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Just added a video that was created today (May 30th) that shows the multiple spawning NPCs are still in the game.  That has been there for almost 10 months now, and they still have not fixed it.

So what are they calling that "feature"?

The login thing has been driving me nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6eerzBJ9_8

It is just another "hardcore" feature.  "If you can't deal with it... GTFO!"

/lol  image

Thanks for that video, been bashing my head on the keyboard for days.

I got a friend to record it.  He will make another video later once he is able to stay in the game long enough without the server crashing or himself crashing out of the game.

• TJ_420TJ_420 Member Posts: 224

So, does anyone think the launch will be pushed back again? Frankly I cannot see how they are launching in a week or so based on the most recent videos I have seen (I cannot try myself because I dont own the game- So I can only go by what I read and see posted)

It looks to me to be in a worse state than the OB and most features are turned off.

Personally I see another delay regardless  of funds- They cannot IMO fix this in a week (or a month) and remember SV does not work weekends lol. No matter the state of the game or the fact that investors have money in this thing, SV likes Banker hours.

Originally posted by TJ_420

So, does anyone think the launch will be pushed back again? Frankly I cannot see how they are launching in a week or so based on the most recent videos I have seen (I cannot try myself because I dont own the game- So I can only go by what I read and see posted)

It looks to me to be in a worse state than the OB and most features are turned off.

Personally I see another delay regardless  of funds- They cannot IMO fix this in a week (or a month) and remember SV does not work weekends lol. No matter the state of the game or the fact that investors have money in this thing, SV likes Banker hours.

I completely agree with you... yet the moderators are closing threads asking that same question.  Just read this response:

Seems that they ARE releasing as the moderator is saying they will fix all of the issues in 9 days.  Here we go again...  All the original moderators are gone and now the new ones are saying the same thing the old ones said...  image

Just.....Wow.

Its been a carrot on a stick since OB.... "Just wait for the next patch" or "the next patch will fix everything" or "Its not released yet- this is a REAL BETA"

Sink or swim I guess.... Every patch has been a dissapointment but...THIS TIME will fix things.

Just.....Wow.

Its been a carrot on a stick since OB.... "Just wait for the next patch" or "the next patch will fix everything" or "Its not released yet- this is a REAL BETA"

Sink or swim I guess.... Every patch has been a dissapointment but...THIS TIME will fix things.

It will keep happening until people stop blindly supporting games like that...   image

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

Let's discuss this thread.

If you want to create an unbiased poll with the intention of getting accurate data you don't populate said poll with a large collection of sources, regardless of whether they support or counter your own opinion. You especially don't provide a screenshot of someone referencing your name on another forum unless your'e trying to stir the proverbial pot with your own ego. It's a little tacky it helps tell the story of what this post is really about.

Even with the above, the fact that you collected such a large quantity of sources for your post indicates that you have your own agenda (which of course anyone who follows MO on these forums would already know). What I find most interesting is how you wrap a mostly passive aggressive personality around your agenda to make it sometimes seem like you aren't biased. This seems to hint at the fact that you have an above average understanding of community relations and possibly even have professional experience in the field.

I think the average forum reader is intelligent enough to understand that anyone who goes to such great lengths to discredit a game is either representing a competitor or truly just gets off on putting something down.

Gamers use forums to give their opinions. They don't opine for months on end over a product unless they secretly play it or wish to promote its destruction. That's my opinion.

Originally posted by merieke82

If you want to create an unbiased poll with the intention of getting accurate data you don't populate said poll with a large collection of sources, regardless of whether they support or counter your own opinion. You especially don't provide a screenshot of someone referencing your name on another forum unless your'e trying to stir the proverbial pot with your own ego. It's a little tacky it helps tell the story of what this post is really about.

Even with the above, the fact that you collected such a large quantity of sources for your post indicates that you have your own agenda (which of course anyone who follows MO on these forums would already know). What I find most interesting is how you wrap a mostly passive aggressive personality around your agenda to make it sometimes seem like you aren't biased. This seems to hint at the fact that you have an above average understanding of community relations and possibly even have professional experience in the field.

I think the average forum reader is intelligent enough to understand that anyone who goes to such great lengths to discredit a game is either representing a competitor or truly just gets off on putting something down.

Gamers use forums to give their opinions. They don't opine for months on end over a product unless they secretly play it or wish to promote its destruction. That's my opinion.

I posted everything I could remember from the disasterous open/closed beta so people can see the truth about what has happened and what will continue to happen in Mortal Online's development.

That is just like Starvault releasing an awesome looking trailor when most of the stuff in it was broken or not even in the game (i.e. the dragons)

Why make a thread about it surviving and not put in facts about what has happened over the last 10 or so months?  People would not know everything that happened and they would just go on the hype.

I agree. Especially with the fact that prior to a few weeks ago it was the "haters" urging everyone to try the game and the "fanboys" urging everyone to wait for the "next patch" (this went on through the entire OB)-

Now, there is no "trying the game" unless you buy it as its now closed beta again and the SV is back to their old lies and deception.

Someone who has NOT followed and played this game could fall prey to misinformation, lies and fake video from the "official source".

I think now is even more important a time to expose SV as prespective players are only left with what they are told.

MO will ne a great game when pigs fly....er...nevermind.

-Anyhow, the truth will set you free. =P

I agree. Especially with the fact that prior to a few weeks ago it was the "haters" urging everyone to try the game and the "fanboys" urging everyone to wait for the "next patch" (this went on through the entire OB)-

Now, there is no "trying the game" unless you buy it as its now closed beta again and the SV is back to their old lies and deception.

Someone who has NOT followed and played this game could fall prey to misinformation, lies and fake video from the "official source".

I think now is even more important a time to expose SV as prespective players are only left with what they are told.

MO will ne a great game when pigs fly....er...nevermind.

-Anyhow, the truth will set you free. =P

Glad there are others that are not blinded by the hype and the fake trailors...  image

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

I posted everything I could remember from the disasterous open/closed beta so people can see the truth about what has happened and what will continue to happen in Mortal Online's development.

That is just like Starvault releasing an awesome looking trailor when most of the stuff in it was broken or not even in the game (i.e. the dragons)

Why make a thread about it surviving and not put in facts about what has happened over the last 10 or so months?  People would not know everything that happened and they would just go on the hype.

If you just want to be a good person and prevent some gamers from spending what you consider to be a waste of a money, then you should just create a thread that says "I don't recommend this game, here's why ..."

Instead you have created a poll titled "Do you think the game will survive?" and have showcased all of the worst possible things about MO. This is not a fair poll. It won't give an accurate reading and there is even at least one poster in this thread who has agreed with you on the sole basis of the content you have shown and linked to. Maybe you think you are fighting fire with fire ... I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect this to garner any credit from more informed gamers.

You think it is important to save people from this game. I don't care whether they buy it or not but I think it's important to save people from interpreting this poll data as anything that even resembles unbiased data.

If you just want to be a good person and prevent some gamers from spending what you consider to be a waste of a money, then you should just create a thread that says "I don't recommend this game, here's why ..."

Instead you have created a poll titled "Do you think the game will survive?" and have showcased all of the worst possible things about MO. This is not a fair poll. It won't give an accurate reading and there is even at least one poster in this thread who has agreed with you on the sole basis of the content you have shown and linked to. Maybe you think you are fighting fire with fire ... I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect this to garner any credit from more informed gamers.

You think it is important to save people from this game. I don't care whether they buy it or not but I think it's important to save people from interpreting this poll data as anything that even resembles unbiased data.

How is it not accurate when most of the stuff I posted was right from fans/devs own words?

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by x2gen

The ai doesn't do that any more. Its lil buggy yet but floating and warping is fixed. The vid from may 25 is out dated. As early as tommorrow there will be another patch.

I don't know when exactly they fixed the warp-speed/flying mobs, but a couple of weeks ago, when I tryed the game, the "feature" was present.

Originally posted by WraithHunter

Originally posted by x2gen

The ai doesn't do that any more. Its lil buggy yet but floating and warping is fixed. The vid from may 25 is out dated. As early as tommorrow there will be another patch.

I don't know when exactly they fixed the warp-speed/flying mobs, but a couple of weeks ago, when I tryed the game, the "feature" was present.

it is still in the game.

Since this is a forum discussion you are invited to provide links, pictures, video (whatever) to support your arguments or counter someone else's.

Please tell us why this game will survive. Please show us some links to show how SV has been a good, professional company. Please show us how ANY of the miracle patches have done what they said.... Or just say "its in beta, dont judge the game" as that seems to be the only argument the hardcore defenders have at this point.

There is a history here with this game and with SV. A history which continues to repeat itself.

Why should that history not be highlighted? Why should we believe that they will get it right THIS time....

Since this is a forum discussion you are invited to provide links, pictures, video (whatever) to support your arguments or counter someone else's.

Please tell us why this game will survive. Please show us some links to show how SV has been a good, professional company. Please show us how ANY of the miracle patches have done what they said.... Or just say "its in beta, dont judge the game" as that seems to be the only argument the hardcore defenders have at this point.

There is a history here with this game and with SV. A history which continues to repeat itself.

Why should that history not be highlighted? Why should we believe that they will get it right THIS time....

I will just leave you with this...

Originally posted by saker

The first video made me laugh, and the fanbois are still worshiping, amazing. This could be very good for the MMO industry, maybe something will finally be such a disaster that it'll really wake some of these developers up, they'll maybe finally say we can't do things this way anymore (but probably not).

Lets hope that happens.  They will finally learn they can't give us a booger and say it is a french fry.  image

Just updated the OP with a few more things I forgot to add.

Also, the poll is going quite good.  Have had about 139 people vote so far in the past few hours since I made this thread.  Keep up the voting!

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let's stay on the topic of the thread and leave personal attacks out of the discussion.

• Paradox123Paradox123 Member Posts: 2

Great OP

I quit MO because of the complete contempt Starvault shows for their consumers. Stuff like no communication, misleading advertising, subscribing people months after they quit, and the latest will be releasing a completely broken game cheating people out of their 30 days of free game time.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

This is a phenomenlly researched post, thank you for compiling the amount of information that you did. I played the beta, until they released night and you literally couldn't do or see anything unless you had a torch. MO is beyond a trainwreck, and Starvault is shady at best.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• zaffazaffa Member Posts: 81

I think any hope this game map have had to survive has been thrown out with the existance of Darkfall. Nobody wants to wade through the same shit twice, and DF already has a huge advantage on MO do to development time.

• SaphirixSaphirix Member Posts: 5

Stupid pool. MO will survive with ease. I ahve played mmorpgs my whole life and I say that MO is the game I have liked the most, even with all the problems.

MO got a very good community, part of that just because many of the mmorpg.com kids aren't there.

MO got 18k preorders and the game got potentila. No need for this pool, MO will survive.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

has been and continues to be a total "con".

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

the thing is mortal online is still the best game on the market, it has fps style movements in a mmorpg with leveling up like the elder scrolls game and i has better graphics then darkfall,xyson and also most thins said about the developers is no different from other developers who only release infomation.

also mortal online was in a beta, so to plan ahead without thinking that ploblems would arise is foolish and you all should  be ashamed of yourself for trolling a small companies game who are trying to make their ideal real, if you do not like the game then just stop talking about it in here and go and talk about the games you like in another forum, if you want to leave your opinion of the game then just write up a little review on its pros and cons.

so stop being haters over such a small company, jesus they got like 20 members and they are creating a game with the unreal engine and working at the speed that other companies do not work at, look at av (darkfall) they are another company that are niche and even they take forever for patches and also darkfall is released and was able to expand and have increased in size and still release infomation every now again.

you lot do not even play the game, you just play it while it was in open beta, and some of you may have bought the game but from the sounds of it alot of you havent so how do you know of its current status if all you do is compare an outdated client with other games.

so mortal online will be a success because its better then any other game currently on the market which offers full loot pvp.

seriously its not like xyson will actually be a success with only terraforming, at least darkfall changed their game and are working on changing the system completety "darkfall 2010"

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by ange10

the thing is mortal online is still the best game on the market, it has fps style movements in a mmorpg with leveling up like the elder scrolls game and i has better graphics then darkfall,xyson and also most thins said about the developers is no different from other developers who only release infomation.

you lot do not even play the game, you just play it while it was in open beta, and some of you may have bought the game but from the sounds of it alot of you havent so how do you know of its current status if all you do is compare an outdated client with other games.

seriously its not like xyson will actually be a success with only terraforming, at least darkfall changed their game and are working on changing the system completety "darkfall 2010"

First of all, do not dare compare a masterpiece like The Elder Scrolls with MO. I have (coincidence) reinstalled Oblivion (published March 2006) and the graphics are still mind-blowing. DO NOT GO THERE infidel!

"While it was open beta", "outdated client".. are you kidding me? That wasn't happening 2-3 months ago, it was a week ago! We're talking about days!

Sure, compared to Xyson, MO looks better (I just googled Xyson, the screenshots look like a game from the 90'). The problem is there are no games of the genre right now, so MO is just about the only hope for people that love the sandbox concept.

This discussion has been closed.