Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very surprised! not another clone and its fun

UnrealdjUnrealdj Member Posts: 24

Besides atlantica this is the only F2P MMO I haven't ended up deleting almost immediately.

Controls are all there, features are there, clearly has bugs but we are in closed beta so of course.

Water looks amazing, ps3+ style, although other things are still classic F2P looking.

This game has a very unique battle system, especially for farming, I mean auto farm is just awesome for example.

The guild system looks impressive.

It seems Guilds can own cities again such as in atlantica except 3 nations goto what is called "War" this depends who you pick to join when creating your character, (shortly after in a quest to be specific).

But unlike atlantica it seems you can actually build all kinds of defenses when wu shi wei are in "war time".

You can own a guild boat for travel or for war battles too.

All in all while its in beta and TONS of things are missing, I am VERY impressed with what we have avaliable now.

Finally, another good F2P mmo, very rare imo.

Comming from FFXI this had to be good for me to be interested. Atlantica was ok, but got boring after lvl 30.

I'm 43 on here now and I dont feel any kind of repetativeness, granted I've been auto grinding a lot. But thats a nice feature to turn on while your sleeping too.

Comments

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177

this game ripped off gods and heroes

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

Originally posted by Unrealdj

Besides atlantica this is the only F2P MMO I haven't ended up deleting almost immediately.

Controls are all there, features are there, clearly has bugs but we are in closed beta so of course.

Water looks amazing, ps3+ style, although other things are still classic F2P looking.

This game has a very unique battle system, especially for farming, I mean auto farm is just awesome for example.

It seems Guilds can own cities again such as in atlantica except 3 nations goto what is called "War" this depends who you pick to join when creating your character, (shortly after in a quest to be specific).

But unlike atlantica it seems you can actually build all kinds of defenses when wu shi wei are in "war time".

All in all while its in beta and TONS of things are missing, I am VERY impressed with what we have avaliable now.

Comming from FFXI this had to be good for me to be interested. Atlantica was ok, but got boring after lvl 30.

I'm 43 on here now and I dont feel any kind of repetativeness, granted I've been auto grinding a lot. But thats a nice feature to turn on while your sleeping too.

You forgot to mention the dependence on item mall. Yet i have to see one F2P where i dont have to spend 100 bucks per month to be competative. And no i dont like being at the end of the food chain.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• UnrealdjUnrealdj Member Posts: 24

I played atlantica and never spent a dime and did great.

The game is in beta still so you can't really say about the item mall yet either. There isn't one.

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

I'm sure this game has some merits but whatever they don't impress me.  I give it a 2 out of 5.  It's just another gear game.  Player skill, character class, kingdom -- they all mean nothing.

• UnrealdjUnrealdj Member Posts: 24

ok I'm sorry but did you even try this game?

this is NOT another gear game.

Everyone in the last war was raised to 120 with the same gear options as everyone else and you can clearly see who dominated in the leader boards.

Theres more strategy and tactical planning in this game then FFXI for as little content that there is.

If you decided to go solo with no guild then ya you probably didnt have much strategy or tactical options as far as taking a city or something etc. Character skill when you just happen to be without your guild also plays a large part at 120 during war.

The community effort required for this game are huge, bigger then ffxi even. That is saying a lot.

I've played ffxi since release I'm glad this came out

Seriously your comment does not hold any grounds. And honestly I'm curious if you mistakenly posted that in the wrong forum.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

my only complain is the text !gees dont know we are in 2010 commodore 64 test is so nono!

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by drbaltazar

my only complain is the text !gees dont know we are in 2010 commodore 64 test is so nono!

Wow, I thought only I had this mania with the text. Seriously bad text turns me down soooooo bad. You should see Tales of Fantasy from IGG in the first days, their font and text was terribad.

• Volture777Volture777 Member Posts: 31

Only level 50 so far and haven't tried the pvp, but this game is a ton of fun.  I love all the customization (talent trees, advanced classes, and soldier classes).  Thoroughly impressed so far, and it seems like you can easily get by without touching the cash shop.  Also, the respawn rates are a huge plus, the camps are constantly spawning (major buzz kill in other games having to wait a few minutes for a camp to respawn, or a quest npc).  Only major complaints I have so far are the outdated chat windows and a lack of key binding options (unless I just missed it?)

• RoakiRoaki Member Posts: 66

You forgot to mention the dependence on item mall. Yet i have to see one F2P where i dont have to spend 100 bucks per month to be competative. And no i dont like being at the end of the food chain.

You clearly haven't played Lord of the Rings online.

You can go from level 1 to the cap without spending any money at all, granted you'll have to gring if you don't purchase quests/zones, but at least the item shop doesn't sell anything to make your charcacter better than anyone elses. 

I just pay £8.99 a month and I get everything free, and an allowence of cash shop points, which I rarely spend as theres nothing really there I don't already get with a sub except exp boosts.

Lord of the Rings online did F2P well, other games should follow suit.

I don't mean to sound big headed... But I know Voldemort.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Xianthos

You *did* have to spend a lot of money to be competative in Mabinogi....but not anymore xD 

and it's f2p....

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

You need some perspective. farm = bad, end of discussion

And because this game not only caters to afk farmers but encourages (and possibly requires) farming in general, I'm not going to touch it with a 10-foot pole.