Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Chronicles of Atys - Hey! do you want to play? (New content info)

MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

http://atys.ryzom.com/news/256

Hey! Do you wanna play?

Approximately 20 Jena years after the four Marauders made their home in the New Lands, a new Marauder moved in. Determined to show his powers and defy the homins, he summoned them…

Text formatting: Help

StrongItalicUnderlineDeletedInline Code Heading 1Heading 2Heading 3 Unordered listOrdered list QuoteRemove QuotePreformatted text Link to a Wiki pageImage

Dante the Teaser gave a last glance on a lock of hair, lovingly kept in a carved wooden medallion. He sighed, “Ah, Mezix, look to me, wherever you might be. You'll be so proud of me.”, he murmured. With a weary soul and a sharp spirit, the young Marauder approached the exit of the Prime Roots into the New Lands trembling with anticipation. The homins which trailed behind him were fixed in a monotony that had dulled the mind, a monotony which one possesses after several days of deprivation, thirst, and irritation. Dante the Teaser had not abused his homins, no! He had tortured them! “Dante, let us rest,” groaned one of them. A mischievous smile formed on the lips of the young Marauder who was dressed in a strange manner. He nodded his head and turned around, “Alright! We pause… If you are able to catch me!” His childish laugh echoed against the walls of the underground cavern while he sprang in the direction of the New Trykoth. The Marauders who accompanied him sighed and resigned. Soon, they could rest, unless first they die... p=. *** A shade quickly moved in the blackness of the night. A shade awaited by Lixie since the message carrying the dark mark of Black Varnix from the Old Lands had reached her. The marauder grimaced, obviously not in a hurry to receive her visitor. A close chirping suddenly drew her attention. She turned and was startled by the face of a young Tryker who looked at her with a mischievious grin on his lips. How had he arrived there without her realizing it?! “Hello Lixie," said the young one. "I suppose that you are Dante?” The Tryker laughed before answering, “The one and only! Everything is ready?” She merely nodded. If Sirgio left her ill at ease with his strange idea to put in his scene a miniature reproduction of Aen, Pei-Zao and of herself, this young homin froze her quite simply, only with his smile… But she, the ever proud and powerful marauder, would not show it, and her cold gaze testified the same. p=. *** It is well known that a messenger can travel long distances quickly, but nothing compares to the rumor which swallows them with disconcerting speed. So, a strange rumor came over the New Lands, reaching the ears of Fyros, Matis, Trykers and Zoraï', as to a funny game that was going to be held in Aeden Aqueous very soon and that all homins of the New Lands were invited. An angel's smile would wait for them there…* *[*]* World Event on Wednesday, 26 May at 19:00 GMT in Fairhaven, all nations and religions are welcome!

//<![CDATA[
var toolbar = new jsToolBar($('news_description')); toolbar.setHelpLink('Text formatting: <a href="/help/wiki_syntax.html" onclick="window.open("/help/wiki_syntax.html", "", "resizable=yes, location=no, width=300, height=640, menubar=no, status=no, scrollbars=yes"); return false;">Help'); toolbar.draw();
//]]>
Preview | Cancel

Approximately 20 Jena years after the four Marauders made their home in the New Lands, a new Marauder moved in. Determined to show his powers and defy the homins, he summoned them…

Added by anarkia about 21 hours ago

Dante the Teaser gave a last glance on a lock of hair, lovingly kept in a carved wooden medallion. He sighed, “Ah, Mezix, look to me, wherever you might be. You'll be so proud of me.”, he murmured.

With a weary soul and a sharp spirit, the young Marauder approached the exit of the Prime Roots into the New Lands trembling with anticipation. The homins which trailed behind him were fixed in a monotony that had dulled the mind, a monotony which one possesses after several days of deprivation, thirst, and irritation. Dante the Teaser had not abused his homins, no! He had tortured them!

“Dante, let us rest,” groaned one of them.

A mischievous smile formed on the lips of the young Marauder who was dressed in a strange manner. He nodded his head and turned around, “Alright! We pause… If you are able to catch me!”

His childish laugh echoed against the walls of the underground cavern while he sprang in the direction of the New Trykoth. The Marauders who accompanied him sighed and resigned. Soon, they could rest, unless first they die...

A shade quickly moved in the blackness of the night. A shade awaited by Lixie since the message carrying the dark mark of Black Varnix from the Old Lands had reached her. The marauder grimaced, obviously not in a hurry to receive her visitor.

A close chirping suddenly drew her attention. She turned and was startled by the face of a young Tryker who looked at her with a mischievious grin on his lips. How had he arrived there without her realizing it?!

“Hello Lixie," said the young one.

"I suppose that you are Dante?”

The Tryker laughed before answering, “The one and only! Everything is ready?”

She merely nodded. If Sirgio left her ill at ease with his strange idea to put in his scene a miniature reproduction of Aen, Pei-Zao and of herself, this young homin froze her quite simply, only with his smile… But she, the ever proud and powerful marauder, would not show it, and her cold gaze testified the same.

It is well known that a messenger can travel long distances quickly, but nothing compares to the rumor which swallows them with disconcerting speed. So, a strange rumor came over the New Lands, reaching the ears of Fyros, Matis, Trykers and Zoraï', as to a funny game that was going to be held in Aeden Aqueous very soon and that all homins of the New Lands were invited.

An angel's smile would wait for them there…*

[*] World Event on Wednesday, 26 May at 19:00 GMT in Fairhaven, all nations and religions are welcome!

Moonlightmist

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I miss Ryzom.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

Then come back :)

Moonlightmist

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

is ryzom free again yet?

• ZuuzZuuz Member Posts: 44

This game really seems great. Currently I'm playing Vanguard which is very nice as well but I will certainly give Ryzom a try when I'm done with all my exams :)

Originally posted by Mariann

Then come back :)

I wish I could but real life keeps nerfing my mmo gametime.

Hopefully this summer i can resub for a month or two.

I need to raise my damn desert dig!

Homins unite!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Ryzom was only free during the transition between two owners.

However the subscription price is very reasonable.

Moonlightmist

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611
    ...Ive been thinking of trying this, any free trials??

Uhh... what?

• TuyetTuyet Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by Auzy

...Ive been thinking of trying this, any free trials??

Ryzom has a 21 day free trial period. You have full access to the whole game 21 days.

I resubbed after I read about the new occupations.

Working on the magnetic map job.

I'm kinda lost atm but thats nothing new im half retarded most of the time in sandbox games anyway.

Edit: I kinda wish they didnt toss a seven hour timer on the occupations missions Im casual and have a real hardtime completeing the mission in that length of time.

I normally only get 30-60 minutes a session on the weekdays, hopefully ill get something done this weekend.

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by Rockgod99

I'm kinda lost atm but thats nothing new im half retarded most of the time in sandbox games anyway.

Edit: I kinda wish they didnt toss a seven hour timer on the occupations missions Im casual and have a real hardtime completeing the mission in that length of time.

I normally only get 30-60 minutes a session on the weekdays, hopefully ill get something done this weekend.

Sorry if this could sounds a bit spoilish, but i think u still learning things :)

The 7 hours (well really 8) is not important at all. The npc missions can be taken and abandoned at will, so u can gather all the stuff required and save them for the practice stage from the table/map/object close the npc. Except for the kill missions, u don't need the quest active in the journal. If you remember what the npc asks for, u can do it in advance or when u want and then speak with npc.

I suggest you to start with an Occupation with low difficulty level first. You can have up to 3 at once.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

Originally posted by Gilgameesh

Sorry if this could sounds a bit spoilish, but i think u still learning things :)

The 7 hours (well really 8) is not important at all. The npc missions can be taken and abandoned at will, so u can gather all the stuff required and save them for the practice stage from the table/map/object close the npc. Except for the kill missions, u don't need the quest active in the journal. If you remember what the npc asks for, u can do it in advance or when u want and then speak with npc.

I suggest you to start with an Occupation with low difficulty level first. You can have up to 3 at once.

Yeah im sure you can tell i dont do missions.  I was actually bumed out that you have to actually complete missions to access the occupations.

One of my favorite aspects of Ryzom is with the exception of fame for faction, missions were completely optional.

Im over it though and plan on trying the missions this sunday.

*polishes my newest shiny title*

With the toolmaker missions you have 7(ish) hours to turn in for one set of mats. as soon as you turn them in the timer is reset back to the full time so you don't really run out of time to turn in mats.

It is only during the crafting stage that I noticed any time limits... I have to wait about 20 hours for my next crafting session.... not a big deal as I can collect mats or do other occupations in the meantime.

Moonlightmist

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

I´m casual too and between work and sleep I´ve got no problem with doing what my occupation demands.

I think a lot of people misinterpret the "timer" though. In fact it´s mostly for show and useless.

As the Mission text states, if you bother to read it in full as it is quite long, you can do the mission as long as you want to and it only ends when you log out and re-log. Then you may finish the task you had begone and re-take the mission at its giver.

As people normally only logout to sleep or work, that should not be a problem.

And even though, I noticed that I could re-start the mission today wihtout a problem, after my Net-Connection whent wonkers on me and I was forced to re-log. I simply finished the last task and got it again from the NPC, without any problem. Maybe for once it is a beneficial "Bug" ;)

CU

SaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?