Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memorial Day Weekend special

zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

http://www.alganon.com/index/news-detail/id/342

Got an email about this from when I was trying the game out pre Dr. Smart.  Thought I'd toss it out there for the fans or anyone who's interested.  Me?  I got better things to do on my long weekend.  Like getting out of the house, bbq's, fishing, you know, summer type stuff.

Comments

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

T-shirt giveaway - Every hour, on the hour from 4 PM - 8 PM (PST) Friday, and from 8 AM - 8 PM (PST) Sat, Sun, and Mon we'll be giving away a free t-shirt to one lucky player who is currently online.

Sounds like the entire playerbase is going to get a t-shirt.

• HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

Or 2 or 3 or 4...

Population counts have been horendous .. and dropping.

I better get one of my 4 characters to 50 soon or I might not get the chance. (45 and counting / grinding)

Just Me,

Tim

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Originally posted by Hakiem

Or 2 or 3 or 4...

I better get one of my 4 characters to 50 soon or I might not get the chance. (45 and counting / grinding)

Just Me,

Tim

I know the community understandably doesn't like you posting population counts at the official site, but how about posting them here?

Wenesday May 19th  Average 39 players (2 Servers 2 Factions)

Thursday May 20th   Average 30 players

Friday May 21st   Average 34 players

Saturday May 22nd  Average  37 players

Sunday May 23rd   Average 41 players

Monday May 24th   Average 26 players

Tuesday May 25th  Average 24 players

Just Me,

Tim                                                                                                                                           

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Or 2 or 3 or 4...

Just Me,

Tim

I know the community understandably doesn't like you posting population counts at the official site, but how about posting them here?

Really? Sticking their collective heads in the sand?

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Or 2 or 3 or 4...

Just Me,

Tim

Really? Sticking their collective heads in the sand?

Nah, more that Dr. Smart will either a)fire off some angry insult at the poster about how inaccurate their info is; b)lock the thread claiming its trolling; c)delete the post and ban the poster in a fit of rage.

or d)all of the above.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by Banquetto

T-shirt giveaway - Every hour, on the hour from 4 PM - 8 PM (PST) Friday, and from 8 AM - 8 PM (PST) Sat, Sun, and Mon we'll be giving away a free t-shirt to one lucky player who is currently online.

Sounds like the entire playerbase is going to get a t-shirt.

That made me Lol in real life haha.

Just Me,

Tim                                                                                                                                           

Is that roughly the same time every day?

I really don't understand why management refuses to merge the servers, and don't give me that name collision crap, they are shooting themselves in the feet.

My prediction:

1) No box cost by August 1st, but end gamers need to buy from the store to beat content

2) Game collapses by December 1st - Merry XMas

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Just Me,

Tim                                                                                                                                           

I really don't understand why management refuses to merge the servers, and don't give me that name collision crap, they are shooting themselves in the feet.

My prediction:

1) No box cost by August 1st, but end gamers need to buy from the store to beat content

you forgot

3) Refunds delivered on Dec 21, 2012

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by MadDemon64

Just Me,

Tim                                                                                                                                           

My prediction:

you forgot

3) Refunds delivered on Dec 21, 2012

Already there i got my refund on May 8/10 which i would like to thank them for  :)

The averages were 5 different times per day - roughly 9am PST - 12noon PST - 2pm PST - 5pm PSt - & 7 to 8pm PST .. the 5 counts were the 2 servers both factions .. the 5 were then added together and averaged out to the figures you see.

At least that's the way I did it.  Probably a better way to do it .. but it's still low numbers for a Massively Multiplayer online role-playing game.  That's why I just call it a Solo Online RPG.

Can these numbers sustain a game?

Apparently the QOL staff and management believe it can.

Only Time will Tell.

Just Me,

Tim

The averages were 5 different times per day - roughly 9am PST - 12noon PST - 2pm PST - 5pm PSt - & 7 to 8pm PST .. the 5 counts were the 2 servers both factions .. the 5 were then added together and averaged out to the figures you see.

At least that's the way I did it.  Probably a better way to do it .. but it's still low numbers for a Massively Multiplayer online role-playing game.  That's why I just call it a Solo Online RPG.

Only Time will Tell.

Just Me,

Tim

They certainly have to make the best of what they have, the biggest concern is that they seem to pretend that population isn't an issue and are already talking about charging for upcoming content.

My advice to them would be to:

1) Consolidate to one server, even if it means changing names or people abandoning characters of their alt faction.

2) Remove the box cost and make the store items more desirable.

3) Let the CM's do lots of interesting in game events and just crank out end game content and any lower level content where people consider it a grind.

4) If they reach max population on the consolidated server, reopen the second server and unlock any characters that were left behind there.  At this point they can consider reinstating box costs for new players or a minimal monthly cost.

The investors are only going to keep pumping in money if they think it makes financial sense.  If the populations don't jump up drastically there's no way they'll even break even.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Only Time will Tell.

Just Me,

Tim

These numbers can sustain the game, but only if these people give giant amounts of money to QOL (like the person who payed 5 lifetime subscriptions or something like that), and even then only for a relatively short time.  Unless they get some new blood in, it aint gonna last a year.  Given the the publicity of the game, getting new people to play will be a monumental task, even if the game goes completely F2F.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MugHugMugHug Member Posts: 47

Only Time will Tell.

Just Me,

Tim

Wish people were a bit more careful about what they post.

If you call it a Solo Online RPG, how come I spent all Friday Evening and all of Saturday from 10 am to just gone midnight playing in a group of five/six people?. Oh, the other solo players and myself have made plans to get together, again to play in a group again for Sunday.

If you wonder who I am, my in-game is 'Marak'.

The population may be low but you do not help the situation by giving others the wrong impression.

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by MugHug

Wish people were a bit more careful about what they post.

If you call it a Solo Online RPG, how come I spent all Friday Evening and all of Saturday from 10 am to just gone midnight playing in a group of five/six people?. Oh, the other solo players and myself have made plans to get together, again to play in a group again for Sunday.

If you wonder who I am, my in-game is 'Marak'.

The population may be low but you do not help the situation by giving others the wrong impression.

Regarding the population, it is certainly a correct impression.  When there's twenty people online, I'm sure you can get 5 or more of  you together for a group.  But let's be realistic, that's not quite what a lot of people have in mind when they play a massive online game.

That's not to say someone can't fully enjoy the game, as long as they are aware of that going in.  Most everyone is already aware of the population issues, so it's really nothing new.  And that's really not the main reason most aren't playing anyway.  I didn't mind the small population one bit.

• ElmarollyElmarolly Member Posts: 60

It is a Solo MMO for the most part. You might get a group to do a few quests with or group up with a few others to adventure with but that is rare.  Most nights and days you are solo. Sure it is fun up to level level 38. After that the grind to level 50 will kill most players and they will not log on. So finding others to enter Warfiend is almost impossible. 

Hell when the Dawning bosses were up. Out of 30 days there were 2 days that I saw enough people online to take down the bosses and one of those I got lucky and they wanted to group up to take them down.

Hakiems numbers are pretty much spot on for players online.  I would call those numbers a solo MMO also.  Some players are fine with those numbers to play with. I am not. It is no where in the realm of Massive Multiplayer. 

As stated before the numbers are not the problem with game. Or why it so darn hard to attract players.  I am pretty sure you don't need me to repeat the reasons why.  If i did atleast my post count would jump up quite abit.

I always found the posters here to be on a witch hunt regardless of how they wish to dress it up. The members of this forum do have a pretty bad reputation throughout the Internet.

Now I am sure this does not apply to all here, but just like this situation, bad news always has a ten-fold effect and potential for damage over good news.

More of a case of ‘You Reap What You Sow’. End result is a pretty tarnished and pitted image.

Not many forums I have visited recently where the moderators have had to tell you lot to back off and simmer down in what you post, in the manner they had to. That kind of sums up the so-called neutral and un-biased option, one can expect here or rather the last thing one can expect here.

It is already expected by many to see this poor level of behavior here, but to see an active member of the Alganon community making posts that do nothing to help Alganon or the community there is pretty poor show.

Now if the typical witch hunt attitude still exists here, I expect  unreasonable, straight from the hip (bypassing the brain) sarcastic comments, maybe even dressed up to look pretty, but with very little foundation and justification.

Not surprising considering where we are and how the recent behavior of posters here forced moderators to step in. History, I am only re-quoting.

Sorry, but having been here before, the last thing I expect is a fair fight. Kinda explains my attitude.

Come on what forum would be entertaining or fun if it was filled with nothing but puppy dogs and fluffy bunnies?

Most of the members that post or had posted on these forums have supported QOL from day one.  They just do not like the way Smrt is running the show and he has done more harm then good for the game.

Did this Memorial Day weekend bring in new or old players?. From my counts so far over the days I would say NO.  In fact I think most players  would rather trim the hedges then play the game. The server sync is almost as bad as it was in Beta.

So unless we attack posters or break the Rules of Conduct. Most will post how they feel and what they are thinking. If users do not like what they are reading or know how the forums are like. Why come back to them?. Can't be for the puppies or bunnies.

My goal in life is to enable you and your cohorts once again  to post something positive about Alganon.

Buit my job is made hard by Hakiem coming from the Alganon community and making such baseless quotes.

It does not excuse an active member of the Alganon community putting Alganon down. If he feels it is that bad, then maybe it is time to move on.

Last thing we need is a witch hunt based upon mass hysteria from such posts. leading to a lynching by an unruly and headless mob.

Hakiem can and should be able to post whatever he likes as long as it is not against the Rules of Conduct.  And as posted above a user asked him for the numbers and he posted them.  How the hell do we not know that maybe he or did have a profession that involved keeping track of numbers or items?

If he posted numbers on how many sealife creatures that have been klilled by British Petrolem. Would that make the forums all puppy dog like?. But since he posted numbers on how many players are playing Alganon in a Alganon forum. It is all doom and gloom and those numbers are going to change the mind of potential customers?.  Sorry that was done along time ago.

Originally posted by Elmarolly

Hakiem can and should be able to post whatever he likes as long as it is not against the Rules of Conduct.  And as posted above a user asked him for the numbers and he posted them.  How the hell do we not know that maybe he or did have a profession that involved keeping track of numbers or items?

If he posted numbers on how many sealife creatures that have been klilled by British Petrolem. Would that make the forums all puppy dog like?. But since he posted numbers on how many players are playing Alganon in a Alganon forum. It is all doom and gloom and those numbers are going to change the mind of potential customers?.  Sorry that was done along time ago.

Typical mmorpg forum mindset. Exactly why the moderators had to kick so many butts recently.

Oh, and here is a quote for you to digest........

To quote Leon Trotsky “The end may justify the means as long there is something that justifies the end”

But then people on forums rarely have to justify their actions or stand by them.

So much for the advancement of technology and how it enhances modern society.

Tells us a lot about what humans are really like and not all of it is good or desirable.

Actually there has been increased moderation across all the forums, not just this one. If I recall Smrts post have been edited or deleted by the mods here more then anyone else. What does that say?

Save the Planet.... no wait save Alganon!

Anyhow did anyone win one of those simple amazing t-shirts left over from the GM event?.  Sadly they could not give away the 100 they had for the event and had to carry them forward.

Typical mmorpg forum mindset. Exactly why the moderators had to kick so many butts recently.

Very truth considering that the butt kicking started before 'D' started posting here in regards to Alganon.

Time to change the 'Rose' colored glasses, me think.

Amazing how one can warp the truth, if one is willing to go down that low.

Fact not fiction, however hard it hurts :)

• TkyleTkyle Member UncommonPosts: 33

Actually Mug your the one coming here attacking. I havn't seen Hakiem or any other get out of line here. So exactly what is your problem? You guys been taking classes from the school of Smart in how to treat people? I havn't even seen Hakiem respond and you just are dogging the guy out.

Maybe you should head back over to Alganon and tell them dozen or so people that are still playing how mean we are over here. I mean, you say we're so well know all thru the internet, it must be so!  Heck I'm famous. Woot!

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

This about sums all this up.

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?