Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMORPG end-game-content of all time! (vote)

Comments

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

eve, cant think of anything else even close (never played daoc though)

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Everquest 1 hands down

My favorite all time endgame concept. So much things to accomplish in a raid: flags, CC groups, SLOW/BUFF/DEBUFF groups god do I miss this former great game.

PvP: EvE, Darkfall

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Kyleran

EVE

End game that practically starts in your first hour of play, who could hate on that?

*hi5*

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

daoc

best pvp around

• LucziferLuczifer Member UncommonPosts: 155

EQ1 upto & incl. PoP. Quarm kill was like logical end of end-game.

• StonedogStonedog Member UncommonPosts: 32

Eve, the endgame starts when you login

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

World of Warcraft, the Burning Crusade.  Tempest Keep, Serpentshrine Cavern and The Black Temple were the Halycon of end game for wow in my opinion.

I got goosebumps every try on Kael'thas (Best before nerf) "Energy power my people are addicted to it, a dependance made manifest after the sunwell was destroyed, Welcome to the future, a pity you are too late to stop it no one can stop me now"

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

UO

Reasons as stated by others.

I always have a "honey-do" list at home. When I play MMOs, I want to play in a world and be freeeee.

Once upon a time....

• LotosSlayerLotosSlayer Member Posts: 247

You shouldn't count sandbox MMOs, like people said there's no end-game.

My pick is FFXI.

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

eq1

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Dark Age of Camelot 

There are a few sandbox games that come close, like Eve, Darkfall, maybe SWG.

But all the people picking junk like WoW and EQ and AoC aren't being objective at all about this. 

Seriously? Raids? That's it? WoW and EQ are one dimensional games with only one thing to do at the end of the game. DAoC had a robust crafting economy, as well as an extensive raiding system, AND RvR. There is no better end game content. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Everquest 2, most endgame content I ever seen. Guildwars was pretty nice too.

Originally posted by DerWotan

Everquest 1 hands down

My favorite all time endgame concept. So much things to accomplish in a raid: flags, CC groups, SLOW/BUFF/DEBUFF groups god do I miss this former great game.

Every game with raiding has these things those... this is why I don't understand why people keep picking one dimensional raid games as the best end game content. Raiding is an industry standard. 

• ZykeZyke Member Posts: 335

EVE, for all the same reasons that've already been mentioned.

• june32ndjune32nd Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Garvon3

Everquest 1 hands down

Every game with raiding has these things those... this is why I don't understand why people keep picking one dimensional raid games as the best end game content. Raiding is an industry standard. 

this is personal feeling about the best game, just because you don't like the game doesn't mean some one does.

eve and darkfall technically don't have an endgame any plenty of people have listed them. just because raiding is an industry standard doesn't mean squat. No matter how hard you try you can never change someones mind.

3rd the was no poll. you's just angry because people don't feel the same way as you on MMO. but you can keep getting angry and trying to insult people to get them to change their mind, and than you'll have no friends and family members cause no one wants to be around some one who preaches

Originally posted by june32nd

Everquest 1 hands down

this is personal feeling about the best game, just because you don't like the game doesn't mean some one does.

eve and darkfall technically don't have an endgame any plenty of people have listed them. just because raiding is an industry standard doesn't mean squat. No matter how hard you try you can never change someones mind.

Yeah sorry, I had just been hoping that maybe we'd actually get a poll with some objectivity to it without people just arbitrarily voting for their favorite game whether or not it had good end game content or not. Guess that's too much to expect.

Everquest 1 hands down

Every movie with good story and/or actors are entertaining to look...

Why then nominate and reward them with Oscars, Golden Bears etc. :)

Originally posted by Luczifer

Everquest 1 hands down

Every movie with good story and/or actors are entertaining to look...

Why then nominate and reward them with Oscars, Golden Bears etc. :)

That's not a very good anology as there are far more variations between "entertaining movies"  than MMORPG raiding mechanics. All raiding is pretty much the same. 

Can't 100% agree with ya.

Yes, many mechanics seems same but...

See even EQ1 I mentioned for me til PoP

After that raiding goes on but for me that was crapper and i left

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

AC1

Fantastic no real end game but just joyous to play. Sadly End Game content and MMOs are a little bit of an oxymoron.

You should really be talking an Arena Game if it's about end game. MMOs are all about persistancy and longevity, nice thread but just so wrong in so many ways.

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

SWG Pre-CU

I love sandbox games and that was the best...ever. The hidden Jedi requirements were a great idea until everyone knew about it.

• donki01donki01 Member Posts: 3

EVE

I don't like that game, but it has the best end game content in my opinion.

• george99george99 Member UncommonPosts: 78

DaoC

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Dark Age of Camelot 

There are a few sandbox games that come close, like Eve, Darkfall, maybe SWG.

But all the people picking junk like WoW and EQ and AoC aren't being objective at all about this. 

Seriously? Raids? That's it? WoW and EQ are one dimensional games with only one thing to do at the end of the game. DAoC had a robust crafting economy, as well as an extensive raiding system, AND RvR. There is no better end game content. 

Please explain to me how people should be objective in a subjective poll, i dont think that word means what you think it means friend ;)

Best in your "opinion" the word opinion prevents objective rationalisation.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

DAoC had a robust crafting economy, as well as an extensive raiding system, AND RvR. There is no better end game content. 

If you think that, you just haven't experienced better end game content. 

Before you've experienced every endgame there is to experience, you should avoid saying subjective things like this.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".