Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New/Returning Players Daily

124»

Comments

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

In all Honesty VG has two things going against it ... Really bad launch and 2 years of trying to fix it (it is much better but still buggy), and it is owned by Sony Online Entertainment.  

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

I just tried the game and its FUN!, maybe because its new or different but so far im enjoying myself. i even saw 10+ people in the starting areas before i logged. ( like hour of play).

Ran pretty smooth on my computer turned some graphics up and it got to looking pretty nice.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

They are merging the servers. God i hate the low population on Halgar.

• LamamotoLamamoto Member Posts: 20

Hello all,

hehe, just returned to VG last week, found my old Chars still alive, played them last time on 09/07/2007  !!

so I'm back now and its fun.

Yes, population is a bit low (play on Halgar), tried the lfg/lfm function and didn't get any reply from other players, its ok.

Just found a nice Guild and all the lvl 55 players in there are helpfull to my low level Chars.

Yes, now I remember why I left the game in 2007, there isn't enough Solocontent for most solo players, like me...; it's not a gamefun killing point, but it would be better to have some more.

Specially, if you want to get some good Armor/Weapon you will need the help of a full group !!

The items you find , while grinding are mostly not your class and have low value.

The graphic is beautyfull (it doesn't matter that the game comes in the years ;)   ), and i like the detailed items,armor, weapon,etc. I can't run it with fully attached sliders to the right on my old PC, but that isn't a bad point , too.

All in all the game has grown, mistakes in leveling the different ways, like diplomatic, crafting , and so on are eliminated, as I saw so far on my first view.

So I am happy to be a part of it, and I hope to meet some of you there  :)

greetings

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by Lamamoto

Hello all,

hehe, just returned to VG last week, found my old Chars still alive, played them last time on 09/07/2007  !!

Yes, population is a bit low (play on Halgar), tried the lfg/lfm function and didn't get any reply from other players, its ok.

Just found a nice Guild and all the lvl 55 players in there are helpfull to my low level Chars.

Yes, now I remember why I left the game in 2007, there isn't enough Solocontent for most solo players, like me...; it's not a gamefun killing point, but it would be better to have some more.

Specially, if you want to get some good Armor/Weapon you will need the help of a full group !!

The items you find , while grinding are mostly not your class and have low value.

The graphic is beautyfull (it doesn't matter that the game comes in the years ;)   ), and i like the detailed items,armor, weapon,etc. I can't run it with fully attached sliders to the right on my old PC, but that isn't a bad point , too.

All in all the game has grown, mistakes in leveling the different ways, like diplomatic, crafting , and so on are eliminated, as I saw so far on my first view.

greetings

I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.

I think you'll find that if you shift your paradigm regarding game play that you will find plenty of places to solo.

i mostly solo and if I can't do a quest at one level I make sure to revisit it a few levels later.

I can't speak to past lvl 29 but I've enjoyed myself immensely soloing. And since I'm used to lineage 2 grind I'm fairly sceptical taht Vanguard will have anything worse.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZeletorZeletor Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Sovrath

Hello all,

greetings

I think you'll find that if you shift your paradigm regarding game play that you will find plenty of places to solo.

i mostly solo and if I can't do a quest at one level I make sure to revisit it a few levels later.

I can't speak to past lvl 29 but I've enjoyed myself immensely soloing. And since I'm used to lineage 2 grind I'm fairly sceptical taht Vanguard will have anything worse.

This last week I've been questing/leveling with my lvl 32 psionicist more or less solo in the greater Seawatch Coast (Qalia) area. I can solo a 3-dot that is 3 or sometimes even 4 levels above me, depending on how well I can kite/Dot/Snare the bugger, and there are several quests in that area for "Kill X number of 2-dot mobs".

I'm level 35 now after maybe 7 or 8 hours of solid questing, and at least half of that was solo (sometimes duo'd with a Necro).

Keep in mind, each of those 3 levels was with 100% rest XP, but rest XP in Vanguard doesn't give you 200% xp from kills like in WoW or LotRO, it's more like 125% or something. Quest turn ins are huge though. Did 2 bounty quests last night that I duo'd with a shaman, killed 2 named mobs, got 200K xp per quest/kill easily (each mob gave like ~22K and then each turn in was ~193K).

Currently playing: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2.
    Have played: EVE Online; Champions Online; Age of Conan; City of Heroes/Villains; Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU, pre-NGE); World of Warcraft (Vanilla to Cataclysm); Hellgate: London; Warhammer Online; Lord of the Rings Online; Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Wishlist: Mass Effect Online

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Originally posted by Sovrath

Hello all,

greetings

Lineage 2, oh how you broke my heart back in 2005...

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

returning player here.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by Rekindle

returning player here.

Welcome back! :)

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Still playing and enjoying it, although I keep getting sidetracked by diplomacy and crafting which can take a long time without a flying mount. I'm still only level 16, and in any other game I would be in the mid 30s by now. I enjoy the fact that it is such a large world and can go off into a corner somewhere on my own, but at the same time it can have a negative effect in that the server can seem quieter than it actually is.  I'm in the Xeth server and although it can be a little quiet, off peakt,  the population is nowhere as bad as I was led to believe. I've been trying to find the current subscriber numbers, does anyone have any idea of what they are?

As far as I know SOE does not release that information.

• madlukemadluke Member UncommonPosts: 108

Well as it seems games i was looking forward to are turning to sh--t (Xyson, MO) i guess i'll be trying this out very soon too.

Hope the population continues its surge forward.

Same here, I have been following Rifts of Telara for over a year ... and now the story line and other things are starting to go to crap ... will be looking at it but so far VG has been a nice escape from the same ole

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

My wife & I started last week and got through the starter island. We enjoyed ourselfs enough to buy the full version of the game. So far we are having alot of fun and eveyone that we have run into have been very nice. We see plenty of people running around and most fo the time we end up grouping with people that want to run some quests with us (Im sure it helps that she is a pally & i am a cleric)

So if anyone is on the Seradon(SP) server and is around lvl 12ish let us know!!

Yilelien

• ZeletorZeletor Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Yilelien

My wife & I started last week and got through the starter island. We enjoyed ourselfs enough to buy the full version of the game. So far we are having alot of fun and eveyone that we have run into have been very nice. We see plenty of people running around and most fo the time we end up grouping with people that want to run some quests with us (Im sure it helps that she is a pally & i am a cleric)

Yilelien

Make sure you join the After Hours guild on Seradon, it was organized by the good folks of these forums :D

I'm thinking of switching my characters over from Xeth to play with y'all...hope it's still free.

Currently playing: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2.
    Have played: EVE Online; Champions Online; Age of Conan; City of Heroes/Villains; Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU, pre-NGE); World of Warcraft (Vanilla to Cataclysm); Hellgate: London; Warhammer Online; Lord of the Rings Online; Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Wishlist: Mass Effect Online

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by Zeletor

Originally posted by Yilelien

Yilelien

Make sure you join the After Hours guild on Seradon, it was organized by the good folks of these forums :D

I'm thinking of switching my characters over from Xeth to play with y'all...hope it's still free.

Haha, don't worry there is still room for ya! :P And yeah, the transfers are still free. Just do a /petition and come join us! :)