Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Possible Playable Races, Part One

124»

Comments

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

This game looks worse each time news is released on it.  My hype meter is down to 0.5 now

• Bribear13Bribear13 Member UncommonPosts: 2

i believe that the Barabel SHOULD be added to the list of playable races. it would be better than having just a bunch of Trando's running around the galaxie, with the Barabel, you have a VARIETY of races represented. not just ONE 'lizard' race...

• NirwylNirwyl Member Posts: 103

If Jawas are not a playable race this game will FAIL. :P

• Krky7Krky7 Member UncommonPosts: 50

I'd KILL for Nautolans.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nautolan

I really hope they'll get in the final race roster.

• Myka.DMyka.D Member Posts: 8

What no Zabrak?

There may be harm in risking but there can also be regrets in doing nothing.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,975

What no Wookies??!! If you can't play a Wookie thats a serious flaw, but you can play some rat thing no one has heard of?

I want to be able to do an enigmatic grunt and shoulder shrug, then roar like a great ape when the going gets tough. :)

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

I would think that the #1 requisite for gettting a species playable in TOR is whether or not a human voice speaking Basic is suitable for it, considering all the effort being put into voiceovers. I'd wager this is more important than whether or not it can work with a humanoid skeleton (not that this is much of a problem in Star Wars or Star Trek).

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Personally.. I would like to see a robotic class.. Why not?

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Saerain

I would think that the #1 requisite for gettting a species playable in TOR is whether or not a human voice speaking Basic is suitable for it, considering all the effort being put into voiceovers. I'd wager this is more important than whether or not it can work with a humanoid skeleton (not that this is much of a problem in Star Wars or Star Trek).

The prime alien race I would want to play is Wookiee, and if BioWare's 'vision' regarding voice acting is the reason for keeping them out of the game, then their vision stinks.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Krky7

I'd KILL for Nautolans.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nautolan

I really hope they'll get in the final race roster.

Until your psot, I didn't know the race's name, but this is the other race I really want to play (besides Wookiee).

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

It sure is a good refreshment of info for those who know little about SW races. Generally it looks a bit too speculative though. ;)

• AlivadaAlivada Member Posts: 86

I reckon there will be exclusive races to either side, Wookie would be exclusive to the republic and the only annouced race (forgot it's name) could easily be only Sith side.

• mannanmannan Member Posts: 1

Well They have offically stated they will not make a race playable if it cannot speak basic.  But there are animations of some races speaking the most striking one was the gamorrian.  So you can scrub your list if they arent able to speak basic.

• inleinle Member UncommonPosts: 62

hope they have ithorian

i know its kind of a tree huger race but they are one of my favorites in the SW lore

• AkumaDaimyoAkumaDaimyo Member Posts: 185

Stop asking for Mandolres as a race. They are NOT a race. They are a philosophy. L2STARWARS please.  Wookie most likely will not make it as they have voice acting and wookies cannot speak basic. Thus Gamoreans would be out as well and any other races that cannot speak english on their own.

BTW Barabel? They are supposed to be primatives. Wouldn't make much sense for them to be PCs. They don't know how to use guns or space ships on their own.

• MyrathiMyrathi Member Posts: 94

I agree on wanting to see the Wookiee race being playable - plenty of folks I know will be sorely disappointed if this is not the case.

As far as BW's direction, lately, I can only bemoan my jumping on the initial hype bandwagon so eagerly: in that the more I hear, the less I want to. That is a terrible state of mind to realise you're in, with regards to any game in development.

At this rate of continued disappointment (in what we've been seeing, at the very least), most of my gaming group won't be pre-ordering, never mind playing... and that's an enormous let-down, given how much we were looking forward to playing a SW game, again.

I still have hope, of course (it is BW, after all!)... but it's waning, rapidly. :

• clemetain22clemetain22 Member Posts: 1

Hmm nice approach

Gamer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,975

I don’t understand the issue with ‘voice acting’. I am assuming it is only for cut scenes and so on, in which case what is wrong with some Wookie grunting with sub titles?

• SargeShadySargeShady Member Posts: 1

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I laughed out loud at this.  That would be a great easter egg. :P

• Vicar1492Vicar1492 Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by malroth67

Im going to agree with others, my fear looks more and more like a reality, nothing more than human's with different color's and tatoo's or marking's.  Now that Bioware is in bed with EA, I have zero hope for this game(especially seeing the information they are giving us).  I used to have high hopes and faith that this game would be good, now=zero, all my faith is gone and I no longer trust Bioware because they got in bed with EA.  We all know that once Mythic got in bed with em, they rushed out WAR and not only killed any hopes of that game, but also killed Mythic.   Seriously what is the point of calling it Star Wars if all you get for playable races is human's no matter what you call them!  For that matter, why call it a MMORPG for that very same reason, the whole point of a MMORPG is 'choices',  I want to be able to choose what I do and where I go when I want to go.  And it looks like they are taking all that away with this game /sigh.   Hopefully this won't be a reality and they will give us something worth being Star Wars, but like I said, my hope is gone :(

I never like it when people called games WoW clones, but if the term was to ever fit any game released it is this one!

This statement makes no sense. Yes, EA being involved does bring up some concerns, however the game is far from release, Spring 2011 seems to be the target. Yes choices are important, I think BW would agree.  This is why they focus on giving you choices in your story line that affect missions and your gaming experience as a whole. So they don't give you every race that YOU want to choose from; so what! They are giving you more choice in other areas which traditionally have not had any choices. Many people are just blowing this whole race thing out of proportion especially at a stage when all the games information has not been revealed to us yet. 

• SimplyMonkSimplyMonk Member Posts: 10

Droids should be up there.

• SimplyMonkSimplyMonk Member Posts: 10

And if you argue that droids can't be force sensitive, I'll argue that they can be if you replace their oil with the blood of species with high midichlorian counts.

• egosokegosok Member Posts: 1

Mon Calamari if Mon Calamari is in there im all good

• Quinlan-VosQuinlan-Vos Member Posts: 14

Although the Kiffar are extinct by this time, I really want them to be in it DX

I definitely agree with Wookies and Twi'leks being orcs and elves so safe bet they are in.

I think a race that better suits a sith would be a Zabrak or a Miraluka.

the Kiffar never strike me as a race that has too much hate and anger but are capable of both.

*Jesus te ama*

• Quinlan-VosQuinlan-Vos Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Vicar1492

Originally posted by malroth67

Im going to agree with others, my fear looks more and more like a reality, nothing more than human's with different color's and tatoo's or marking's.  Now that Bioware is in bed with EA, I have zero hope for this game(especially seeing the information they are giving us).  I used to have high hopes and faith that this game would be good, now=zero, all my faith is gone and I no longer trust Bioware because they got in bed with EA.  We all know that once Mythic got in bed with em, they rushed out WAR and not only killed any hopes of that game, but also killed Mythic.   Seriously what is the point of calling it Star Wars if all you get for playable races is human's no matter what you call them!  For that matter, why call it a MMORPG for that very same reason, the whole point of a MMORPG is 'choices',  I want to be able to choose what I do and where I go when I want to go.  And it looks like they are taking all that away with this game /sigh.   Hopefully this won't be a reality and they will give us something worth being Star Wars, but like I said, my hope is gone :(

I never like it when people called games WoW clones, but if the term was to ever fit any game released it is this one!

This statement makes no sense. Yes, EA being involved does bring up some concerns, however the game is far from release, Spring 2011 seems to be the target. Yes choices are important, I think BW would agree.  This is why they focus on giving you choices in your story line that affect missions and your gaming experience as a whole. So they don't give you every race that YOU want to choose from; so what! They are giving you more choice in other areas which traditionally have not had any choices. Many people are just blowing this whole race thing out of proportion especially at a stage when all the games information has not been revealed to us yet. 

I agree Vicar that this statement makes no sense... You argue that the game has no choice involved then call it a WoW clone which has more choice then many other games? and EA being a part of it only says to me that they may involve something along the lines of somekind of extra games you can play in cantinas or something. this game also has MMORPG written all over it!!! You are thrust into a role of a hero and play with millions of other people! if thats an MMORPG to you then look it up... Yes the game has some obvious issues but that doesnt give anybody a reason to shoot it down efore they even play it. I would suggest Malroth that you play it first then you may think otherwise

*Jesus te ama*