Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scandal at Runes of Magic !

2»

Comments

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

There is no curse in entish, elvish, or the tongues of men for this treachery. I felt (and still do feel) very badly for the Turkish gamers that got bent over by greedy corporations.

Frogster repeatedly saying they couldn't do anything is bull. They could have given some notice, and they could have refunded at the very least any unspent diamonds to blocked players. They could have worked with Gamersfirst and Runewaker to transfer characters, diamonds, and compatible items. They could have done many things to inform the playerbase and make the transition for them as smooth and pain-free as possible. But no, that would cost them precious money, so they chose to instead shove the TOS in players faces, tell them to STFU, and took off with their cash.

Completely unethical, greedy, selfish, and deceitful behavior on the part of Frogster. I honestly hope anyone who reads about this event will think things over very, very seriously before giving any of their money to a company which treats its player base thusly.

• frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by Rednecksith

There is no curse in entish, elvish, or the tongues of men for this treachery. I felt (and still do feel) very badly for the Turkish gamers that got bent over by greedy corporations.

Frogster repeatedly saying they couldn't do anything is bull. They could have given some notice, and they could have refunded at the very least any unspent diamonds to blocked players. They could have worked with Gamersfirst and Runewaker to transfer characters, diamonds, and compatible items. They could have done many things to inform the playerbase and make the transition for them as smooth and pain-free as possible. But no, that would cost them precious money, so they chose to instead shove the TOS in players faces, tell them to STFU, and took off with their cash.

Completely unethical, greedy, selfish, and deceitful behavior on the part of Frogster. I honestly hope anyone who reads about this event will think things over very, very seriously before giving any of their money to a company which treats its player base thusly.

Hell, even their Mods are a bunch of a-holes. I wish karma was real and that it hits them full force.

• HeracliusHeraclius Member Posts: 71

Well I think it's a good thing.

I remember those turkish kids PMing me in their Turkish language and I was like WTF gtfo or talk some english first.

Turkish people are very rude on video games, also on Knight Online, they just whisper to you in Turkish because they think you are one of them.

• frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by Heraclius

Well I think it's a good thing.
    I remember those turkish kids PMing me in their Turkish language and I was like WTF gtfo or talk some english first.
    Turkish people are very rude on video games, also on Knight Online, they just whisper to you in Turkish because they think you are one of them.

Yeah, I'm sure by your attitude, you were a delight yourself.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Was there ever an EULA or something else that said explicitly that people from Turkey could not play the game?

If not all Turkish players should unite and get a good lawyer, its obvious that Frogster can't deny your access to the stuff you bought online without repaying you atleast the money you spend and probably a good amount of money for the time spend and the items gained by plauing the game...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• sephiroth112sephiroth112 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Was there ever an EULA or something else that said explicitly that people from Turkey could not play the game?

If not all Turkish players should unite and get a good lawyer, its obvious that Frogster can't deny your access to the stuff you bought online without repaying you atleast the money you spend and probably a good amount of money for the time spend and the items gained by plauing the game...

yeah he is right, you can demand the company

my recomendation is not playing this game anymore

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I believe it works the complete opposite to that. MMO companies have a list of supported regions stated which means that when they decide to block an area for whatever reason they are under no obligations whatsoever. If Turkey wasn't listed as a supported region they're gubbed, technically they're gubbed anyway as the T&C's always have the get out clause along the lines of they have the right to remove services at their discretion anyway.

• Hordequester8Hordequester8 Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by kingtommyboy

as I said, you get what you paid for, you paid 'free' so you actually get nothing..

the moderators of ROM cannot help you, so don't blame them, it also are just people.

Actually, try reading what the OP said. He spent money in the game and is wondering what will happen to that money.

As far as the OP: Use a proxy or accept the situation. Publishers purchase licenses to release games in specific territories. It is not the company's fault that the license for Turkey was sold. The original copyright holders are the ones that give out licenses to the product. If they did not block people from places they do not own the license to, they could be sued and/or shut down for licensing infractions.

So, talk to the copyright holders and blame them. Not the publishing company that chose to invest their own money in the product and then get told they can no longer provide service to certain people.

I also should note that I haven't researched the situation so, if the publishers are the same for both regions then you should definitely petition them to transfer your credit to the new server.

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

Originally posted by Darkholme
    http://proxy.org/

It appears what proxy.org does is allow anonymous surfing when one types in a url into a browser, what is needed is a masking program that indicates the IP is comming from an acceptable country
    (like free Hotspot Shield , plus Hotspot has a crescent moon icon so Turks gota luv that!)
    so one can launch the game from desktop and the server/user ID check shows the connection coming from an 'acceptable' country.