Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused about how the expansions work

TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

So I have the original Guild Wars and Factions, now but I am confused. Are they both separate games? There are more classes in Factions which is why I chose to play it but should I have started with the original, first? What does Nightfall consist of and is it worth it? I might only get it after playing through the original and Factions a lot. Please help, thank you =)

Comments

• drumchannelldrumchannell Member UncommonPosts: 182

They are 2 seperate campaignes and can be played seperately. In game, you can travel back and forth between the 2 continants via map travel.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by TheMinn

So I have the original Guild Wars and Factions, now but I am confused. Are they both separate games? There are more classes in Factions which is why I chose to play it but should I have started with the original, first? What does Nightfall consist of and is it worth it? I might only get it after playing through the original and Factions a lot. Please help, thank you =)

prophecy(original guild wars)

faction 1 expension (can be played by itself)

nightfall 2 expension(can be played by itself)

eye of the north(the only real expension)meaning you will need guild wars top play this one.

i suggest you start with prophecy for 1 reason !ton of player are always there and you will start with presearing and odds are very high you ll be searching for group fast its a nice way to learn faction isnt has obvious even tho it looks like it at some point you ll search more.hence my recommendation to start with prophecy!

and odds are very high you ll see some good role playing in pre-searing!

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Originally posted by TheMinn

prophecy(original guild wars)

faction 1 expension (can be played by itself)

nightfall 2 expension(can be played by itself)

eye of the north(the only real expension)meaning you will need guild wars top play this one.

i suggest you start with prophecy for 1 reason !ton of player are always there and you will start with presearing and odds are very high you ll be searching for group fast its a nice way to learn faction isnt has obvious even tho it looks like it at some point you ll search more.hence my recommendation to start with prophecy!

and odds are very high you ll see some good role playing in pre-searing!

ty. do you play? maybe you can show me some pointers. I joined a guild asap so I can learn the basics. So far I am enjoying it. I like not paying month-to-month and, so far, the community is good. Graphics are surprisingly nice. I am a warrior right now only because I usually start MMOs as a tank to learn the game and then I go from there. I was thinking Mesmer but I don't have the commitment to learn the 3 styles of play and learn what spells to use with each area (due to the fact I have school I want something more basic, for now). This and CoX (which I just started a couple weeks back, and got my pic on massively woot!) are the two I'm playing...only because I dig the community. I was palying Lotro but stopped after Turbine was bought. Man...I just ranted...damn you Norco!