Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we get some people into the Game? (Poll)

Comments

• lokilouvelokilouve Member Posts: 3

hi,

for combat mode, think it depend of class. i mean some are easy to understand, some not. thats also part of the interest of the game for me. but  some players are really good in doing combo, andd if u listen to their advice, believe me, u can do pretty more damage.

the good thing is that we still learn..the combinations are so different, and the results can make u strong or weak, depend of what ure fighting.

so try again and ask for advice, ull see its big fun to be able to fight a crowded camp and just smash them all ;)

take care,

Lokilouve

• elusivexelusivex Member Posts: 86

I hated it.  Simple as that.  I gave it a real shot, I played the game actively for 2 weeks before saying "meh" not for me.

Though I can see why other people play it.

A man or "gamer" should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

• lokilouvelokilouve Member Posts: 3

wow,

what a sharp opinion...2 weeks? guess u didnt reach level 34..and guess also u havent tried all classes.

but ok, if u dont want to look at further, its ur choice..at leat u tried it ;)

Lokilouve

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm sorry to say i cant even opinion because i havent been able to make it work .ho the install work but i read in the acclaim forum that america had one version and eu had another and that if i downloaded the eu version it wouldnt work in america

plus the fact i get the same gameguard error 0 as the other dude there was nothing to extract since the site i took here was the full game and acclaim site stop the download at 2 their server probably need a restart !but i bet they forgot it even exist lol!

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Use the torrent download if you have trouble getting the client

it just has the win7 gameguard fix.

EU & NA clients are totally irrelevant nowadays

TCoS is being reformulated and designed so the old version is being run 100% free til they get the F2P version up and running.

you have a 25% chance of downloading the client from the Acclaim servers but a 100% chance if you use a Torrent like the aforementioned one in this thread which is being seeded 24/7.

If you don't have Win7 just install the game and run it to update it. if it doesn't WANT to update download the updates from the appropriate places.

If you HAVE Win7 Unzip the file and follow the instructions included within to fix your TCoS client to make it work under Win7 with GameGuard.

• fobarfobar Member UncommonPosts: 7

Originally posted by drbaltazar

mm sorry to say i cant even opinion because i havent been able to make it work .ho the install work but i read in the acclaim forum that america had one version and eu had another and that if i downloaded the eu version it wouldnt work in america

plus the fact i get the same gameguard error 0 as the other dude there was nothing to extract since the site i took here was the full game and acclaim site stop the download at 2 their server probably need a restart !but i bet they forgot it even exist lol!

Sorry to hear that. There is nowadays only two servers so the information about eu/us clients is outdated. I've uploaded the Gameguard-fix for Windows 7 on rapidshare. Hopefully that will get you started.

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Come on we can get you in im sure of it, were not going to give up!! - Have you tried the game guard files from the Torrent?

nope i get the gameguard issue!might be i put it in the wrong spot it say gameguard corrupted!

You need to put the gameguard.des file into here :-

C:Program FilesThe Chronicles of SpellborninclientGameGuard

Or wherever you installed Spellborn...

yep thats were it was i m reinstalling again 5 time!

• fobarfobar Member UncommonPosts: 7

nope i get the gameguard issue!might be i put it in the wrong spot it say gameguard corrupted!

Try removing the GameGuard folder and then overwriting the GameGuard.des file. For example, I would remove "C:GamesThe Chronicles of the SpellborninclientGameGuard" and then copy the GameGuard.des from the zipfile to "C:GamesThe Chronicles of the Spellborninclient", overwriting any pre-existing version. After that you should restart the TCoS launcher.

yep thats were it was i m reinstalling again 5 time!

Ok once re-installed put the gameguard.des file into that folder above

i try try that

ty for help

i try try that

ty for help

No worries - weve got to get you into the game after all this lol

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

I loved this game, is there a place where everyone is meeting up. I quit because I was basically playing a single player game... :(

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

Originally posted by fldash

I loved this game, is there a place where everyone is meeting up. I quit because I was basically playing a single player game... :(

no not really - there does seem to be quite a few new people running around Hawksmouth on the PVP server though :)

updating !22 % done!

cheer !it works see you in pvp server!

by the way fro those with gameguard issue make sure to erase gameguard folder in bin|client forder

and also erase guameguard.des THEN extract the file from the download in the client folder that way everything works!

ty guys!

cheer !it works see you in pvp server!

by the way fro those with gameguard issue make sure to erase gameguard folder in bin|client forder

and also erase guameguard.des THEN extract the file from the download in the client folder that way everything works!

ty guys!

Great - good to see you finally made it :)  I'll keep an eye out for you.

• dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

Well installing updates now, got the client and helping the seeds now on torrents should be in the game in an hour or so on the pvp server digi fates willing.

Originally posted by dippitydodah

Well installing updates now, got the client and helping the seeds now on torrents should be in the game in an hour or so on the pvp server digi fates willing.

Great will be good to see you there too :)

• jason6078jason6078 Member UncommonPosts: 25

Is there any sense in playing on the PvE server?  One might assume from reading this thread that the pve server is worse population-wise than the pvp server.

Originally posted by jason6078

Is there any sense in playing on the PvE server?  One might assume from reading this thread that the pve server is worse population-wise than the pvp server.

I think its more or less the same - though there has been a real influx on the pvp server today.

PVP is at heart of the spellborn experience though :)

• CoolPeteCoolPete Member Posts: 11

Amazing videos! Iam thinking about going back and giving Spellborn another chance.

Originally posted by CoolPete

Amazing videos! Iam thinking about going back and giving Spellborn another chance.

Come on - come and join us :)