Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to SOMEHOW pay online for subscription?

WithdemonWithdemon Member UncommonPosts: 35

Hey guys, xD

I've been realy upset lately because I realize that Wizard101 does not accept paypal payments or phone payments or anything other than credit card. I do realize it most likely made for perents to pay but for teens that don't have parents' credit card to pay for things. Isn't it time they considered other methods of accepting payments?

• Paypal

• By Phone

I know that Wizard101 has these gift cards that can be purchased in many of the stores but like it's card to get cash and it takes time to transfer online cash into paper cash. It's just kinda unfair because like you see Free Realms have all these payment methods and you switch to Wizard101 and you get this one horrible payment method that just doesn't suit you and that being the only obsticle from playing an awesome game just makes thing BLAH-GAH!

ANYWAYS, I really wanted to know if any of you guys out there know a payment method which does not require a credit card or have me buy them in store with paper cash.

When I did some googling I seen few people mention that you can get a credit card with pay pal but like you have to set-up the credit card and all that stuff that I just don't want to get involved with, I want a simple way to just obtain a subscription. lol.

Is it somehow possible to purchase maybe the gift card codes online through some kind of website that maybe accept paypal payments??

Comments

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

If you want to go the way of paying with a credit card , assuming your a responible teen, this is my advice.

Go to your local Credit Union and set up a checking account. They will give you a debit card and you can use that to pay for the subscription. Only keep a couple of months , lets say 45 dollars in this bank account.  One thing to mention. Do not do anything else with this card, no grocery store transactions , no having some dude by beer for your party , no going to the ATM. If you want to do stuff like that , set up a different account  for all of your life needs.

I have been doing this for years and never ever had any problems what -so-ever. As long as that account is for Subs only you will not have problems.

It takes about an hour to set up an account like this and a few days to get a card but in the end you can enjoy HOURS of gameplay! 

Bob

Kyleran
  • GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Ya, all you need is a 'debit' card. Even I don't have a credit card, they just lead to trouble.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158

While we are looking into alternate payment methods, the Gift Cards available in retail stores are really your best bet.  There are also other good suggestions from the above posters.

Young Wizard, I think you may be a little confused as to how Gift Cards work.

Find a retailer near you that sells Wizard101 Cards, and you can get a list here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards

Buy the card, then go to the Wizard101.com website and log in to the website with your game account.

Click the words 'Redeem Card or Code'

You will be prompted choose either a subscription OR crowns, and then just follow the instructions to enter the card number on the website.

Once that's done, voila, you're now a paying player.

Next time you log into the game you will either have a subscription or crowns, depending on what you chose to purchase with the card.

Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by Withdemon

Hey guys, xD

I've been realy upset lately because I realize that Wizard101 does not accept paypal payments or phone payments or anything other than credit card. I do realize it most likely made for perents to pay but for teens that don't have parents' credit card to pay for things. Isn't it time they considered other methods of accepting payments?

• Paypal

• By Phone

I know that Wizard101 has these gift cards that can be purchased in many of the stores but like it's card to get cash and it takes time to transfer online cash into paper cash. It's just kinda unfair because like you see Free Realms have all these payment methods and you switch to Wizard101 and you get this one horrible payment method that just doesn't suit you and that being the only obsticle from playing an awesome game just makes thing BLAH-GAH!

ANYWAYS, I really wanted to know if any of you guys out there know a payment method which does not require a credit card or have me buy them in store with paper cash.

When I did some googling I seen few people mention that you can get a credit card with pay pal but like you have to set-up the credit card and all that stuff that I just don't want to get involved with, I want a simple way to just obtain a subscription. lol.

Is it somehow possible to purchase maybe the gift card codes online through some kind of website that maybe accept paypal payments??

How did you get money into paypal without a bank account?  MoneyPak?  You'd have to go to the store to buy one, which is the same as going to the store and buying a game card. Student account?  It comes with a debit card...

FYI - pay by phone services aren't as widely used in the US as they are in other countries. As such, they can be prohibitively expensive.  As an example, Dungeon Runners had a $5/month fee, but with Surfpin it was $9.95, almost double the amount!

If you have a paypal account, you have options for paying online.  If you don't, game cards are your best bet.

~Ripper

• adiwadiw Member Posts: 15

You can buy gift cards from the Best buy website online. I think they accept PayPal, but it will be delivered later.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

A bit impressive that someone from Wizards actually responded in this thread.   I don't think too many companies have staff actively posting outside of official forums, or 1-2 fansites.

Kyleran