Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

crimecraft

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

it might not have all the fancy tattoos and character customization of APB but what it does have is a decent shooter mechanic that is fun

and it is free to boot or you can pay 5 dollars for some perks

Comments

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

I played Crimecraft heavily in beta and made many many posts trying to help improve the game. However, the leveling system combined with drugs and the low population makes it a heavily broken game.

At its core it is a very fun game and to me it felt that they really nailed the controls and the shooting aspects. Unfortunately 50 levels in a shooter with a poor population leaves most matches severly unbalanced as the level 50 will be virtually unkillable if he is all drugged up and against a team of lower levels.

If Crimecraft was released without the lobby system and the monthly fee I would have purchased it even with the broken leveling system/ drugs, however that is not the case and it was one of the biggest failures of a game I have ever run across. Heck back in beta when the game had every aspect free to the public (beta acess was extremely easy to get) it still could only get around 250 people in at a time at its peak....

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

I felt it was a pretty weak game all around really.  The combat lacked the level of polish and tight game mechanics I've come to expect from a modern FPS title, and the supporting game systems were a jumbled mess.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I thought I'd like Crimecraft but I agree that it's just a big mess.  The mechanics are really good, as stated, and the PvP is ok, but not great.  The PvE is just awfu.  The mob AI is decent, but it's all very predictable.  Every thing happens exactly the same way as before.  And it's weak in the MMO department  and not really a persistant world.   It simply  has lobbies and instances, a bit like Guild Wars.   It's very repetitive and, once you've figured out what bits work best (weapons, etc), the same thing seems to work best for everything.  There's no real challenge to it.  I haven't played for a while, though, maybe it's been fixed up.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Axehilt

I felt it was a pretty weak game all around really.  The combat lacked the level of polish and tight game mechanics I've come to expect from a modern FPS title, and the supporting game systems were a jumbled mess.

well for one it is not a FPS title it is a third person shooter and its combat mechanics are better than APB by alot, for free it isnt bad