Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG: Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Comments

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Originally posted by Daywolf

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I always play male characters because I'm male, simple as that.

Ummm... ain't your forum avi a girl? image

Yes it is but there is a big difference between roleplaying a game as one and putting up a forum avatar . :)

uh-huh...

Hey but we agree that there is a big difference lol just not in the same way.

You would say dedicated RP'ers that aren't necessarily RP'ing the girl factor of the character are odd(surmised from your followup reply), while the more ooc forum image/identity of a female is perfectly acceptable... lol

I don't know, seems like denial ;)

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• superslayasuperslaya Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by local93bc

I think that the probleme is with sociaty now a days. basicly men want to be girls cause being a man in this world sucks.

Are lives as men in this day and age is absolutly pointless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRijR9bdmPc

Man the fuck up, brohan.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

How do you female types deal with guys hitting on you?
    It would creep me out.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

Originally posted by uquipu

How do you female types deal with guys hitting on you?

It would creep me out.

Why, you hit on random girls in-game? Most guys that just hit on female characters, one liners of whatnot, well are usually noobs or just doing it for giggles. To meet actual girls in-game, you join a group or guild, then get to know people. Most girls in-game or rl often wont give you the time of day unless they know you and/or their weird friends approve of you and sometimes of your friends. If you pick people out due to how well their characters look, well even if it really is a girl, you will probably be in for a rude awakening when you actually see her or get to actually talk to her. I'm sure the same the other way around too, for them. MMOG's are pick-up sites these days? Reg for a matchmaking service ;)

From your last post, you seem like the one-liner type, or a noob lol

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

I've made female avatars before, but I never pretend to be one.  Its all aesthetics.  In some MMOs the female of a race looks better than the male or has better animation, style, ect.  Since I'll be staring at this avatar for many hours, I want to like what I see. Cruddy animation or just a boring model isn't fun to play.  I play what looks cool or fun, not what the numbers tell me like too many obsessive MIN/MAXers out there.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Josher

I've made female avatars before, but I never pretend to be one.  Its all aesthetics.  In some MMOs the female of a race looks better than the male or has better animation, style, ect.  Since I'll be staring at this avatar for many hours, I want to like what I see. Cruddy animation or just a boring model isn't fun to play.  I play what looks cool or fun, not what the numbers tell me like too many obsessive MIN/MAXers out there.

I normally make male for my main but if the game's art work supports a better looking female avatar then I will make a female. I couldn't make a male avatar in Guild Wars as they were all horrible to my taste.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Get your boobs out for the lads. 

Originally posted by Sovrath

I normally make male for my main but if the game's art work supports a better looking female avatar then I will make a female. I couldn't make a male avatar in Guild Wars as they were all horrible to my taste.

The necro women look a heck of a lot better than the male necros in GW. The factions female necro looks the best of them, good character art. The male necro's look like trash imo, not sure how they passed QA. For PvP general characters, seems the more common choice is female.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

The necro women look a heck of a lot better than the male necros in GW. The factions female necro looks the best of them, good character art. The male necro's look like trash imo, not sure how they passed QA. For PvP characters, seems the more common choice is female.

The thing is I get the idea of the necro men. But it's a bit too ghoulish for my taste.  I found the male hair styles to be bad and the other male classes all seemed to have blocky weird bodies. Male mesmer was really bad.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

The necro women look a heck of a lot better than the male necros in GW. The factions female necro looks the best of them, good character art. The male necro's look like trash imo, not sure how they passed QA. For PvP characters, seems the more common choice is female.

The thing is I get the idea of the necro men. But it's a bit too ghoulish for my taste.  I found the male hair styles to be bad and the other male classes all seemed to have blocky weird bodies. Male mesmer was really bad.

If they looked more like the main evil guy from the D&D movie, I could easily go with that, but a twisted 17/yo looking boy with bad animations? Pass.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I used to roleplay two female characters in SWG, but once I made my male character he felt like me since I am a guy.  But that is not to say that I did not like rp'ing my two female characters.

The thing is some people have the ability to roleplay or empathize with other people, whether they are fictional characters of their own creation or a novel, or someone in real life.  Other people are unable to empathize or feel for anything or anyone beyond their own skin.  Ofcourse, most people probably fall somewhere along a continuum.

I have a lot of imagination.  I am an artist.  I write, draw, sculpt and have done some acting in school plays as a kid.  Some people have no aptitude for these kinds of endeavors.  Everything is black and white with no room for personal interpretation or expression.  So ofcourse to these people if you are male and play a female character you must be gay, perverted, cross dresser or something else.  But that is only in YOUR mind.   It's like being color blind.  I don't believe the OP is bigoted, he just is partially blind to that aspect of creative expression that allows one person to pretend to be something or someone completely different than him or herself.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

This whole thread consists of posts from 3% of people, who don't understand males playing females and 97% of people, who are attacking that 3%.

It's really sad to know that so many people find their life as a Male so dull.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Lasastard

Originally posted by Crispin

It doesn't bother me much, but I have always wondered why so many people would want to play and roleplay a female character when they are male. It just seems wrong FOR ME, so its sometimes a bit hard to understand. But seeing the community we live in today, where everything is accepted I guess its just the way it is. I'm probably just to old fashioned and conservative to get it.

Maybe because they prefer looking at a female back rather than a male back for hours on end? Not everyone roleplays on MMOs - an avatar has little to no bearing on the e.g. sexual preferences of the player. If anything, playing female toons just shows that someone enjoys the female form... just saying.

I don't care who play's what as I don't find that disturbing. What I do find disturbing is the above reasoning. These are pixels we're referring to here, finding either to be a pleasure or displeasure to look at outside of ackownledging decent or poor use of pixels (artistic value) is distrubing to me. As applying sexuality to a pixel based entity isn't exactly kosher..maybe its just me though.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

I gave up a long time ago trying to RP in these games, so it doesn't matter to me the sex of the toon, as long as I like the look of it.  RoM for instance, I find the male character faces to be either hideous, or effeminate, so I use the female toons.  Its a fricking game, who the hell cares?  And if you're homophobic enough that it bugs you, check your intolerance at the door.

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

Originally posted by zencommando

Do you know what really grates me? When scrawny teenage boys and fat slobs play hulking warriors! Or stupid people play sage wizards! I mean stick to what you are in real life. Don't you know that if you pretend to be something you're not, then something is clearly wrong with you!!!

/clap

I enjoy the RP aspect of these games often, and I enjoy playing many types of characters -- none of which are even remotely like I am in real life (I'm no mage, superhero, troll, pirate, or spacer, etc.)  I find the issue is when someone wants to cross the line between RP interaction and real life interaction.  For example, I RP a female character on CO and more often than you might imagine I find some person trying to turn it into match.com with me instead of just being cool superheros and beating on the bad guys.  A little social grace and awareness goes a long way to divert or avoid these situations altogether.  As for those who "RP" intimate relationships, you're on your own.  I won't touch that with a 30 foot pole. 

OP: This is an interesting topic with many facets from psychology to religion to the purpose of RP games.  What does it all mean?  I think it's a social commentary that speaks to the entirety of society which is made up of so many different kinds of people, variables, and cultural memes.  Clearly these black and white answers about RPers are off base and do not take into account the diversity NOR the commonalities of humankind.

My 2 cents.

Originally posted by zeowyrm

I gave up a long time ago trying to RP in these games, so it doesn't matter to me the sex of the toon, as long as I like the look of it.  RoM for instance, I find the male character faces to be either hideous, or effeminate, so I use the female toons.  Its a fricking game, who the hell cares?  And if you're homophobic enough that it bugs you, check your intolerance at the door.

?

Originally posted by Malickie

?

What's your point in highlighting that?  I don't play what I don't like the looks of.  If you're going to construe that as my saying I'm homophobic, just be done with it.  Its all about aesthetics, and I don't care to play men who are prettier then the women in their game, nor do I like play as an ugly woman. Except the trolls in EQ2, cause thats funny to me.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

A few of my friends roll female toons but have never and will never roll a female toon. Just not my thing. I really don't care what other people do or even care to understand their reasoning, I would rather just agree to disagree.

• dzikundzikun Member Posts: 150

Umhh... This thread has been going on for the whole day? >.> I just got back from work...

Its like this problem is the most important thing in the MMO world... Not the fact that developers are always screwing us in the butt with their damn horribly lame MMOs?

Seriously...?

I've been uplinked and downloaded, I've been inputted and outsourced. I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading.

I'm a high-tech low-life. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bi-coastal multi-tasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.

I'm new-wave, but I'm old-school; and my inner child is outward-bound.

I'm a hot-wired, heat-seeking, warm-hearted cool customer; voice-activated and bio-degradable.

RIP George Carlin.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

www.mmorpg.com/ bringing lulz to my poor life since 2006. 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• cjy420cjy420 Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by dzikun

Umhh... This thread has been going on for the whole day? >.> I just got back from work...

Its like this problem is the most important thing in the MMO world... Not the fact that developers are always screwing us in the butt with their damn horribly lame MMOs?

Seriously...?

But in all honesty, its nice to read something that isnt all doom and gloom for mmos.  Just enjoy the read, put in your 2 cents then find that thread that is discussing your priority issue, since this one isnt to your liking.

Originally posted by Loke666

You actually care who someone behind a avatar in a game is?

Ok, if you have cybersex or something with someone and later find out it is a guy I could see why you would be creeped out but otherwise????

It is just a game. I don't care the least about the origin, sex, age or religion of the people I play with.

And I do believe that the only people who actually care are the people trying to pick up girls in a MMO which is a step beyond sad even. Would you be happier to find out that the girl you hit on is 11 or 65 years old?

I do, not because of the OP's reasoning though. I care who's behind the avatatr when I meet someone new, simply because I would like to know whether they're worth speaking to, who wants to hang around with a douche? Especially one in sheeps clothing.

Now as for the OP's question, if you tend to RP, you tend to care a little more about the game world around you. Who's worried about the roleplayers experience? Since this has turned into a discussion on tolerance, it's a very good question to ask. We're going to expect roeplayers and those worried about such things to respect our play-styles, when we never once stop and think about respecting theirs?

You may not care, yet you're tearing into someone else, for caring about the integrity of the world they're a part of as well. That's not exactly fair.

Even if it's not an issue of roleplaying, it could be an issue of trust. I'll give an example, Bob plays as a little school girl, while Ralph plays as a hulking warrior. Bob likes to pretend he's that little school girl to get things from unsuspecting people. Bob stands near the entrance to a PVE zone, looking all newb like. He see's Ralph coming by all decked out in Epic Gear. Bob sends Ralph a tell saying something like.

Hey, can you help me? I'm new to this zone do you have anything that could help me out?

Thinking this is just some little girl, who probably sucks at the game. Ralph hands over some gold as well as a few items he was on his way to sell. Now would Ralph had done so, if he knew Bob was a 45 year old gaming vagabond, who has 10 alts all decked out in end-game epics? No... at-least not likely. This is exactly how Bob get's all his epic items, off the trader. He doesn't have to earn a thing.

Now this isn't always the case, but it's a very good reason to know who the people behind an avatar may be.

?

What's your point in highlighting that?  I don't play what I don't like the looks of.  If you're going to construe that as my saying I'm homophobic, just be done with it.  Its all about aesthetics, and I don't care to play men who are prettier then the women in their game, nor do I like play as an ugly woman. Except the trolls in EQ2, cause thats funny to me.

I was actually asking for a clarification, as you're basically pointing out something that to you looks like a "girly-man". While saying if you think I'm one, check your intolerance.

By your wording, to me that say's I'm afraid to be thought of as something, rather than you don't like the look of it. It would be much easier and less typing to say, In some games, I only like the way female models look. Just a tip is all, not saying you are intolerant or anything like that.

This isn't even a question about intolerance anyway. It's a question of integrity. In a perfect world for the OP everyone would play the sex that they are. It would take being a homophobe IMO to get worked up over such an issue being asked about. As noone asked do you do it, because you're gay?

Who would care about that? If they did they'd be banned anyway.

?

I was actually asking for a clarification, as you're basically pointing out something that to you looks like a "girly-man". While saying if you think I'm one, check your intolerance.

By your wording, to me that say's I'm afraid to be thought of as something, rather than you don't like the look of it. It would be much easier and less typing to say, In some games, I only like the way female models look. Just a tip is all, not saying you are intolerant or anything like that.

This isn't even a question about intolerance anyway. It's a question of integrity. In a perfect world for the OP everyone would play the sex that they are. It would take being a homophobe IMO to get worked up over such an issue being asked about. As noone asked do you do it, because you're gay?

Who would care about that? If they did they'd be banned anyway.

Excellent points, and mayhaps I got a little too defensive about it.  I was citing RoM as an example of something I personally don't care for.  As for the homophobia comment on my end, I suppose that just comes from a personal experience with a guild leader who took great offense at my using a female toon just because I liked the look of it better.  Anyways, sorry to offend.

• xSh0xxSh0x Member Posts: 125

I don't think its the males playing female characters that's the problem.  Its those who work very hard to act female that give off the creeper vibes.