Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG: Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

1789101113»

Comments

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Terranah

Originally posted by Amathe

Another late breaking news flash - if the female character is female and the male character is male, that doesn't mean they are Arthur and Gweneveire. The lady could be your grandma and the guy could be 7 years old. Is it wrong to play a same sex character that completely misrepresents your age? Can you play a tall character if you are short? A thin character if you are fat? An attractive character if you are plain or ugly?  

Good point.  I've seen sites that display pics of mmo gamers.  While some of them are nice looking or even beautiful, the vast majority are average, and quite a few unattractive.  I hope the ugly people are not playing attractive toons as that would be a total misrepresentation.

Perhaps we should be required to submit birth certificate, height, weight  and photo of ourselves to the game devs and they can then assign us a toon based on our real life age, attractiveness, etc.

I would also think that if you are small and thin for instance, that you be banned from playing some of the more physical roles like tanking. 

This post is humour, right?

Just checking.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Originally posted by girlgeek

I would guess though....that if your GF makes the boobs huge...she doesn't HAVE huge boobs in RL.  I do....and that is WHY I never burden my characters with them.  I don't want my toons getting the kind of backache that I do!  (No...I don't think my characters REALLY get backaches....but I like to imagine them as "real" little creatures that COULD. lol)

On a totally unrelated issue - go out with me?

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Originally posted by Vhaln

I'm not exactly married, but living with my girlfriend for the past two years.  We have two computers, we play MMOs together sometimes.  At first, I felt like I should play a male character when we play together, but was relieved when she said she kind of liked when I played a female character.  So now, that's what I do.

She's a lesbian, dude.

Originally posted by Terranah

I don't think men playing females has anything to do with the rudeness you've experienced in game.  I play female characters sometimes and I've experienced it too.  I think if you want to get really analytical about it you could make another observeration.  Over 40 percent of american children are born to single mothers.  I have heard greater than 95 percent of people in prisons did not have fathers in the home.  

Children need a mother AND a father to teach them respect and civility.  It's not 100% that having both parents will ensure your kids will be well behaved, but most of the time it won't hurt either.  Also, there is a culture of irreverence and disrespect that permeates American culture with every young generation, and it just continues to evolve.  And here we are...

Driving down the street here in town, you will see young males tugging or holding on to their male members as they walk down the street.  Young men who have their  pants hanging below their butt cheeks.  A few months back I saw a young guy in a tank top sitting in a chair in the mall tweaking and twisting his nipples.  Hahaha.  Yeah,  we are probably witnessing the breakdown of society and it comes across in online gaming.  Ofcourse, every generation thinks we are getting closer to society falling apart but I think we are closer to it than not.

Quoted for extreme truthiness.

Originally posted by Ashyn

Well, I'm certain a great number of males will be up in arms about this, demanding I get thicker skin, but I'll say it anyway.

From my vantage-point,  one that spans the entire MMORPG inception (Yes, I'm that damn old), males gravitating to female toons over the past few years has greatly tainted pixel-life for the female gamer  --- the gaming population seems to have become desensitized to whom they are actually playing with, and with that, respect/acknowledgment  that a female may be in their accopanyment has reached an all-new low. 

Quit frankly, as a female (on my female toon), I don't care to hear the words, "R*ped, C*nt," or a whole slew of other words  that my father would have decked my brother for if it ever came out of his mouth -  at any age.  In addition, I don't paticiularly care about your manlyness, how big it is,  where you plan on puting it  or who you gave it to last night. Yet, in the past year, I've heard it so many times in Vent that I actually logged out and never went back.     I cannot recall any of that  twelve years ago when men were men and they played male toons.  

But, then again, perhaps it has nothing to do with males playing female toons - maybe men are just that much more disrespectful and immature these days.

*Puts on flame retardent jammies and walks away*

Are you suggesting that women players should be treated differently because of their sex?

"Chivalry IS dead - and women killed it." - Dave Chapelle