Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth trying for me?

BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

Just simply want to know if this game is any good or worth trying. My favorite MMO is FFXI. I have played and enjoyed Tabula rasa, WoW (i like the leveling not endgame), AoC (i stoped playing because i don't have the pc power to enjoy its top graphics), and i did enjoy aion for a bit. 

How is this game related to those, how is it cashwise (i don't want to use the cash shop), and how is the game overall?

Comments

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

It is very close to WoW in most aspects (leveling, graphics, combat engine). It's free so I'd say "Go ahead and try it and see if you like it or not."

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Well, in terms of quality do not expect WoW. There are aeveral reasons why WoW is "the 800 lb Gorilla" in MMO. RoM plays a bit clunkier and laggier.
    The features with housing, crafting and switching classes remind me more of Horizons.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Of course it is so called "WoW clone", though it has it's own beauty. Just have one in mind - at the end game content you have to pay crazy amount of $$$ to compete with other players. The game def. worth the try but do not expect much if you get into it. I personally like the housing system but that is just not enough to keep me in that "F2P" game.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by whisperwynd
    It is very close to WoW in most aspects (leveling, graphics, combat engine).

Originally posted by lagerchobg
    Of course it is so called "WoW clone", though it has it's own beauty.

It's always funny to hear people say RoM is a WoW clone. But it's far from that actually. The only thing they have in common is that both are MMOs and both have cartoonish graphics. From there on all things differ as night an day...

The most important difference is that WoW has a 2-faction RvR PvP system, while RoM is an open world FFA PvP system, and that RoM has a dual-class system, something unlike any other game (FFXI is the closest though).

If I had to make a choice between WoW and RoM, I'd prefer WoW, though I loathe the game for it's simplicity, but at least, you can play normally without the power-hungry kids that have boosted their gear with item-shop enchantments...

• cedrikuscedrikus Member Posts: 2

I'd say try it!

I quite like this game! It's f2p, has nice graphic, rich content, tons of player, ... there are indeed problems, but honestly it's lots of fun

- Apedemak -
    M 50 / P 40
    Carpenter

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

it's not as similar to WoW as everybody says.  i played till lvl 50 and it just turned into a huge grind from there but from 1-50 it was pretty good.  bugs and glitches are common and the devs don't seem to be doing anything about it.  if your a zone on your server goes down don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon.

sadly, it's the best F2P out there IMO, so give it a shot.

EDIT: oh and the lag is the TERRIBLE.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Hi all,

My biggest ever regret was to play RoM.

From the first look game seems great & you can became addict (how i was), only with levels you'll find out that :

or you never will maxed your char then you can use f2p feature, or you need to pay & pay a LOT to have good high end gear.

If you still dont want to pay, you'll be forced to do long, hard?, boring grind (that how you gave will be resumed) with hope to get enought money to buy items you suppose to get from item shop. In this game exceptionaly you can buy item shop currency with ingame money (very confusing by the way). Only lets suppose you never gave up & agree to do monthes of farming.

What you gonna get at the end of your efforts?

If you are lucky: some weeks of good feeling with nice gear.

If you are not lucky: game will change lvl cap & you'll need to change gear again (means back to grind) or you'll be simply hacked as many & many accounts lately, and no GM will help you but they will keep send you auto reply.

If you pay a LOT (means can be like $100 or more for all you may need) you'll enjoy game till again

or level cap will be changed or you'll get hacked.

RESUME: If you have money way better to play WoW (as same style game), if you dont have money, play GW or RoM but never play as end lvl char.

Sorry if bother anyone with this post but it how game was done for me, beside they dont have classes / skills balance so be carefull when choose class & 2nd class as ou cant change them.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2