Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: 1.3.5 Interview

2»

Comments

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by WSIMike

I keep waiting for some announcement or new information about WAR that brings about an overall upward turn for the game (there will always be negative feedback about anything from some people regardless). Yet it just seems this game is in a perpetual state of hot potato since it launched. Everything Mythic does to try and fix issues with the game just ends up bringing about another one.

I was psyched for this game all during its development and was really expecting something spectacular from the way it was described - yes I fell for the hype and Paul Barnett's animated antics.

So did I. This game is what turned me into the Doubter I am now.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Originally posted by Amorien

i just resubbed for the month , i really have nothing else to play anymore. i have to admit im Fudgin bored.

ive been playing a shadow warrior. im alone most of the day i spend about 2 hours doing pve with some Scenarios inbetween when they actually pop. T2 is empty as all can be.

not sure how you could make daoc then just destroy your follow up.

but i Blame it on the players. To many QQ ers. its the new generation who have Destroyed the mmo's of our time.

It's one of the rules of MMOs if the game has huge problems at launch it will most likely never attract more than a cult niche following, no matter how much it is improved or patched. The game either holds its subs over the first few months or it doesn't. It's part of the reason why beta testing is so important for MMO game publishers. 

• ChaosIncChaosInc Member Posts: 112

Just let her sink and be done with it.

NEWS FLASH! PAYING THE SUB IN F2P = NO DIFFERENCE THAN P2P GAMES!

Why the hell can't the whiners comprehend this?

• KnThrakKnThrak Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by Amorien

but i Blame it on the players. To many QQ ers. its the new generation who have Destroyed the mmo's of our time.

I blame the developers who resist the change in market.

MMOs moved from an extremely nichéy genre to perhaps the mainstream game. Is it any surprise that the requirements for a game are completely different from what they used to be?

SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

• storm-dragonstorm-dragon Member Posts: 157

What a Bizzare interview......

Colour Blind Gamers? You spen't a quater of the interveiw asking about that?

Why not ask her if thr rumors are true that EA has indeed stopped funding new content and the game other than tweakage is on life support.

Or ask her how EA plans to deal with the hundreds of thousands of lost subscribers after launch and the thousands more after the billing fiasco.....Cash shop? Full F2P? or just shut the game down later this year.

I don't want to go all tinfoil hat, but yeah it sounded like the interveiwer was selling me WAR-shamwow.

And the producer just sounded like she was in over her head and clueless.

This sword here at my side dont act the way it should
    Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
    Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
    And it howls! it howls like hell!

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

I swear MMORPG.com forums are like the cesspool of the internet right behind 4chan. It seems like no matter what game forum I go to, people are just crying their eyes out about whatever game it happens to be. You all are a bunch of freaking babies who will never be satisfied with anything and I laugh at you all.

• earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247

I'm a former emplyee of EA Mythic, specificaly as a tester and CS. I knew from day one when we launched that the game would fail for one simple reason; too many servers for a game based on population vs. population. Anyone who ever cared about the game has either been layed off or quit all together. In fact, I have TWO, FREE for LIFE, accounts that I no longer use, and I can't give them away either. The game is bad all the way around, and these minor fixes will do nothing. Im surprised that people still play this game, it's terrible in gameplay and content. The sad part is whomever is still runing this game is deluding themselves in thinking that this WaR will ever be successful. I'm a huge fan of the Warhammer and Gamesworkshop, but I have feelining the GW is regretting the lending of their license to EA Mythic. They tried to give DAoC and facelift and call it WaR, unfortunately it didn't work.

• ChudzUKChudzUK Member UncommonPosts: 38

Blizzard once offered to make a game for GamesWorkshop and they said no lol so blizzard went away and made there own version to spite them now look where they are. World of Warcraft alone probally makes more money that GamesWorkshop entire company and Mythic put together. Theres a video about it on GameTrailers.com lol

Mythic and GamesWorkshop both fail!

PS. AoC > WaR...

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Changes sounds, mostly, good but is far from enough to revitalize WAR. What is needed is an expansion which adds a significant content to the game. Such as a third faction or a significant addition to RvR, like guild based PvP and not only RvR based PvP.