Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Guild SERVER: Seradon

Comments

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

If you are on Seradon, then i reccomend After Hours (mmorpg guild) Lots of new and returning players ...

if you join the channel they will get ya tagged  type /autojoin add mmorpg

That will get ya into the channel.

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by zeowyrm

I'm gonna take the other side on this.  Personally, I hate the Isle.  I think it is a poor representation of the rest of the game, and you miss out on so much lore and history of the races if you do the isle versus the regular starting areas.  Yes, the gear isn't as good, but I'd rather be an escaped slave trying to stop an invasion (the orc/goblin starter storyline) or an interdimensional hunter tracking a devious prey (kurashasha starting area. [think I spelled it wrong]) then some generic hero on the isle.

I can agree that the individual starter areas have a more robust story and are very interesting. But the problem is that if there are not people there to appreciate it or if players start there and feel like they are alone in the world then in the long term nothing good comes of it other than "yeah, tried the original starter areas, cool story but only saw a few people so I let my sub end".

Yet the island seems to have this sort of camaraderie goign when it's full. It feels like a robust mmo experience in regards to population. Again, when full.

The only issue is that players then get into the real world and don't see the same number of people in the same area and they become dissapointed. Though I believe the rift keeper indicates that it is a large world and then suggests a few places.

lately I've been seeing a lot of people aroun veskal's exchange and I think people who know the game are advising players to go there. I know I have.

It's a huge world and in the end if one wants to enjoy the starter stories they can still do that and roll an alt. Or just see if you can do it on your regular character, xp might not be good of course.

But the isle is sort of a double edge sword. You get more player interaction but it isn't as interesting as other areas.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath

The isle is sort of a double edge sword. You get more player interaction but it isn't as interesting as other areas.

Quoted for Truth, I can not agree more.

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

I think I posted this earlier.  If you want to try a fun experiment.  Take a group of close plyaers who all play about the same time.  All of you agree that 1 time per week you will get together on a certain character and play at a specific time.

If you can get 6 people to do this, it is like a DnD PnP setting.  Lots of fun going through the different areas and playing together.   We did it with a group out in the remote parts of the Half Giant area.

Lots of fun, very little competition for spawn and drops for questing.  Very interesting story and a blast for Role Play!  Being in a group like that will level you up quick even if only playing 1 time a week.  It does take a commitment though and players can go up in other spheres  ( crafting and Diplomacy ) if they play more than the others, or play an alt.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I haven't resubbed with the attitude of changing the development of SOE, tbh I just don't think that is a realistic objective and will ultimately result in dissapointment. Play it for what it is, with a good group of people all starting from scratch and plenty of conversation, a generally enjoyable game with plenty to do, that will do me. I'll enjoy it while it lasts and when/if it ends I'll play something else.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

I play the game because the community is fantastic and the game has more depth than just dungeon crawling.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by Dmyankee

I play the game because the community is fantastic and the game has more depth than just dungeon crawling.

You forgot to mention that the dungeon crawling you do is more challenging and fun than most.

Originally posted by mrw0lf

I haven't resubbed with the attitude of changing the development of SOE, tbh I just don't think that is a realistic objective and will ultimately result in dissapointment. Play it for what it is, with a good group of people all starting from scratch and plenty of conversation, a generally enjoyable game with plenty to do, that will do me. I'll enjoy it while it lasts and when/if it ends I'll play something else.

Unfortunately, you may be right. Many have said the only thing that can save the game now is for the current population to convince enough to subscribe that SOE changes their mind. A huge long shot. Probably won't happen. But, at least an attempt is being made, and even if the doors close on VG, at least I'll have one last shot to play VG as intended with a large active guild before the lights are out.

So, maybe you're right. Perhaps what we are saying is, 'this may be your last chance'. Like going to the last game of your favorite sports team before they move cities.

In any case, the rumor is that EQnext or EQ3 is more likely to try and improve upon VG as a base, rather than EQ2. And that is encouraging. If it weren't SOE, it might even be down right exciting.

edit: i wish i could teach myself to just say 'QFT'.

Originally posted by Zorgo

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Unfortunately, you may be right. Many have said the only thing that can save the game now is for the current population to convince enough to subscribe that SOE changes their mind. A huge long shot. Probably won't happen. But, at least an attempt is being made, and even if the doors close on VG, at least I'll have one last shot to play VG as intended with a large active guild before the lights are out.

So, maybe you're right. Perhaps what we are saying is, 'this may be your last chance'. Like going to the last game of your favorite sports team before they move cities.

In any case, the rumor is that EQnext or EQ3 is more likely to try and improve upon VG as a base, rather than EQ2. And that is encouraging. If it weren't SOE, it might even be down right exciting.

edit: i wish i could teach myself to just say 'QFT'.

I would definitley agree that one must play vanguard as is and not have any high hopes of huge resources coming from soe.

SOE is a company that is essentially business first. They will put their money where they can hope to make the most profit and ride the wave of whatever trend is happening at the time.

Vanguard is not new and shiny.

But you know, I have watched mini-series knowing that they would end and have gone to amusement parks knowing I would have to come home eventually.

I play the game for what it offers me now. I don't require much else.

As far as the whoel EQ 3 thing that is a rumor started from players.

I can't tell you have man y times I've seen players post "EQ 3 should take the best of Vanguard and EQ and EQ 2" or some such iteration.

So that's where that rumor comes from. It's just a large game of telephone.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429

Agreed....you must kill them all....then let their Gods sort them out.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• ShadowfaderShadowfader Member Posts: 8

Looks like I'll be upgrading to the station pass tonight. I've always wanted to see more than the first 10 levels of VG.

*crawls back under his rock*

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I'm gonna take the other side on this.  Personally, I hate the Isle.  I think it is a poor representation of the rest of the game, and you miss out on so much lore and history of the races if you do the isle versus the regular starting areas.  Yes, the gear isn't as good, but I'd rather be an escaped slave trying to stop an invasion (the orc/goblin starter storyline) or an interdimensional hunter tracking a devious prey (kurashasha starting area. [think I spelled it wrong]) then some generic hero on the isle.

I'm on the mainland for the same reason and have echoed your sentiment in other threads; the island doesn't have the same "feel" to me, the same sense of "place" that the mainland areas do and, honestly, I hadn't thought about it the same way as you presented it until I read your post... the lore angle.

I'm in Cai'il Brael now, the Wood Elf starting area and it just feels more "right" to me. I'm harvesting, crafting, hunting, questing and exploring, becoming familiar with the region and having a great time. I found a lot of neat little "tucked away" areas last night just while wandering around the area around Cai'il Brael that I'd run past dozens of times before and never knew they were there... and that's precisely what I enjoy in a MMO, a massive world where everything isn't there *specifically* for gameplay reasons, but can merely exist as some hidden pocket tucked away waiting to be discovered. If I've found so many hidden away areas and interesting sights already (with some nice pockets of mining nodes to boot) and I've not even left my own *backyard* yet... I can just about imagine what I'm in for in the rest of the game.

Though I'm more an "explorer" type who likes to reach new areas on foot - at least the first time - it's good to know that the riftways allow me access to other regions if I'd like a change of scenery, or to meet up with others, etc.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by neonaka

Originally posted by macmall

Originally posted by neonaka

I am going to take the other side of this thread, and say, I would return and join, but I already know how this is going to end. This has been attempted several times already in VG. It has already been attempted a few times on this very site, and it ends the same way everytime.

I do not believe this one will be any exception. SOE doesn't care about this game, they will not put money into it, or fix it. Which is sad because it is such a good game.

It is the same as DAoC, could be great again if you tossed some money and dev love it's way, but that isn't ever going to happen.

I just hate feeling like I am playing a game waiting to die. So I will have to pass for now, unless you guys can make SOE raise an eyebrow, force them to give VG some more devs and a larger budget for bug fixes and the likes.

If you pull that off though, I will resub and join you all.

I do not believe this one will be any exception. SOE doesn't care about this game"

You may be right but money talks and BS walks.......if they start to make MONEY off of it they WILL put resorces into it......its not a matter of them not liking the game its a matter of THE BOTTOM LINE and MONEY!

If your outlook on life is that its not going to get better guess what? its not going to get better....Attitude Is Everything

Put a smile on your face:P and get the word out!! tell your buddys at work!! get involved!!!

If you every need anything in-game if you come back hit me up:P Lets try and do somthing that has never been done before lets make history.

Listen, I love VG just as much as all of you do. I also think given some money and time, it could be a top contender in the MMO Genre, it really does have that much potential.

In the case with VG though it is political, SOE I do not believe will ever put enough effort into VG that it could rival EQ2. I really wish VG would get sold off to another company so that it might see some good updated material.

BUT,

Since you guys are so passionate about it, I will more than likely resub this weekend and see how this lil project is going.

Well, they never put enough money into Matrix Online for it to rival EQ2, either, and that game was in a completely different genre... more "sci-fi" than fantasy, with a completely different playstyle.

I think it's definitely more in line with the fact that VG simply hasn't seen enough traffic, or enough subs, to warrant any more to SOE (not necessarily to its players) than what they've given to it. But if the traffic increases, they see an increasing interest in the game, and that people are *sticking around* (that's key)... then I'm sure they'd start putting more focus on it. It's not like we're gonna wake up one morning and SOE's all "full steam ahead!" on VG... but I can see them giving it more resources so long as the money's coming in.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

I can't remember if there are any sort of faction restrictions with regard to guilds and grouping. I thought I had my characters on Seradon, but they're all on Xeth. Would a Dark Elf be welcome in the guild? I resubbed late last night and started the character. Dark Elf Necro. I promise his name isn't a variation of Drizzt. ;) For the life of me, I can't remember what I named him, though. lol. I rolled him up then went to bed, and now I'm at work.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

Originally posted by jonrd463

I can't remember if there are any sort of faction restrictions with regard to guilds and grouping. I thought I had my characters on Seradon, but they're all on Xeth. Would a Dark Elf be welcome in the guild? I resubbed late last night and started the character. Dark Elf Necro. I promise his name isn't a variation of Drizzt. ;) For the life of me, I can't remember what I named him, though. lol. I rolled him up then went to bed, and now I'm at work.

There are no race restrictions and my main is a dark elf as well. No problems there.

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

There are no race restrictions and my main is a dark elf as well. No problems there.

Ah, good. Thanks! One more question-- is there any roleplaying going on with this group? I'm actually a pretty nice guy, but I'd like to play this character as a classic Dark Elf bastard. I want to make sure that it's understood that what I say in character is just that and nothing personal to anyone.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

Ah, good. Thanks! One more question-- is there any roleplaying going on with this group? I'm actually a pretty nice guy, but I'd like to play this character as a classic Dark Elf bastard. I want to make sure that it's understood that what I say in character is just that and nothing personal to anyone.

If it involves punting gnomes and dwarves, I'm in for some role play.

• GreenWidowGreenWidow Member Posts: 157

Who do I need to talk to outside of game to get an invite?

I've tried in game for the last two nites.  Nite before last only person able to invite was AFK for literally hours and never responded to tells.

Last nite there was nobody online to invite the entire night.

I talked to several people in the guild who said wait till tomorrow...I work days...so this is not an option for me.

II'm Khantos, the bloodmage, trying to get an invite and failing.   I'll try again tonite. 

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

• macmallmacmall Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by GreenWidow

I've tried in game for the last two nites.  Nite before last only person able to invite was AFK for literally hours and never responded to tells.

I talked to several people in the guild who said wait till tomorrow...I work days...so this is not an option for me.

II'm Khantos, the bloodmage, trying to get an invite and failing.   I'll try again tonite. 

Take a deep breath,

K, this is a new guild and there are alot of things going on we are getting things worked out but it will take time, I know for my-self I need to talk to the GL and ask if I can recruit becuase I am on most of the day and we need someone online all the time that can invite for this very problem.

We want you here and we want you in the guild, we all just have a lot going on atm and gofr lack of a better term most of us are runing around with our heards cut off atm. I'm a noob at this game and everything is new too me so its a learning exp for me:P

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by macmall

Take a deep breath,

K, this is a new guild and there are alot of things going on we are getting things worked out but it will take time, I know for my-self I need to talk to the GL and ask if I can recruit becuase I am on most of the day and we need someone online all the time that can invite for this very problem.

We want you here and we want you in the guild, we all just have a lot going on atm and gofr lack of a better term most of us are runing around with our heards cut off atm. I'm a noob at this game and everything is new too me so its a learning exp for me:P

Right. I'm usually on all day and all night, just certain things came up last night and I went out to dinner until late. Tonight is my boyfriends brothers birthday party, so obviously I have to go to that.

As a whole, there have been a lot of recruiters on and off during the day, but I am usually here THE ENTIRE time and I have invited tons of people to the guild. I'm sorry Greenwidow that you've had an issue catching one of us. I find it odd that you've had such a problem because everyone else has gotten in like butter, even Aussies lol. So hopefully we can get you in tonight without any further issues.

What are your usual play times, what time were you trying to get in?

I personally am usually on 7:30AM until 12:30AM EST. I may take a break here or there to go do things, but those are my usual play times. Occasionally I leave the house to get some part time work, but I am never gone more then four hours, and its usually midday when I'm doing that (11-2 or so). So theres my schedule. When you've got time to hop on, come find me. :) I'll be on Splinki.

Not that I know of.

edit: I fouund your other post and will look to find you around 6 pm cst

Heya Khantos,

I thought I had replied to this post but perhaps this is a second one so will reply just in case.

I love your enthusiasm, so thanks. I'm sure it will go a long way in the guild. I will try to be on some time tonight just in case I can catch you.

Of course we want to see you get into the guild so we will do what we need to in order to make it work. Since schedules are a bit wonky in general things don't always go as hoped but i see no reason why it will be much longer.

Looking forward to playing along side you. - S

oh, if you can let us know when you will be on then that could be a help.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

I do both. I start at the Isle to get all the gear and diplo/crafting leveled, then head over to the exact starting zone/place of my race and play as if I was level 1.

Best of both worlds really.

• DruzDruz Member Posts: 276

whats the average level of the guild? (active players)  I'm thinking of resubbing on my 27ish bard

Originally posted by Druz

whats the average level of the guild? (active players)  I'm thinking of resubbing on my 27ish bard

According to Vanguard players the average lvl is 14 though I think it hasn't updated yet as I've added some new players as well as a few alts today.

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/guildsProfiles.vm?guildId=476741371746