Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Guild SERVER: Seradon

Comments

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by saxifr

Originally posted by NovaKayne

Originally posted by saxifr

I've got tammah in guild - decided to try the warrior class after a few false starts. Casting/hybrid is not for me - I prefer to be right in there on the mob mixing it up if I'm not tanking!

Also gonna try talking my boyfriend into joining.

Pretty fun crew in the guild IMHO.

The Warrior really shines with Dual Wield.  Also, I found they do a huge burst damage when pulling with a bow or crossbow.  Keep that in mind.

The Half Giant and Orc make great warriors if you can get by the butt ugliness of em.  Otherwise you will not be gimped by playing Human.  Humans get the most points to spend but, no racial bonuses for any particular stat.

That goes for everyone else too.  Stats for Humans are flexible.  Basically what another class gets in racial stats a human class can almost match.  These makes them very versatile on all of the classes.  Some races get special bonuses and some times 1 more point in a stat that a human can match.  This makes them slightly better though at the higher level where your 50 extra con or str or int will be felt.  THe lower levels it will barely phase you.

For casters I like the Dark Elf or Gnome.  The Gnome gets a huge bonus on intel with some crytal thingies I have never toyed with and the Dark Elf gets a spell damage bonus from its Halifur pet starting at level 12 or so. 

Those have been the ones I have done the most investigation on as to what benefits the best.

I went with one of the qathalaians or however you say it for the invulnerability. He is TEH HAWT and he can also be invulernable too!

All real warriors are gnomes. Just thought that should be said.

• Close but no cigar, you mean Halflings ofc.

• centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

I'm going to look into resubscribing and joining you guys.  I'm interested in playing a Blood Mage or Necromancer.  Looks like I have a little reading to do! 

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

No one is too low level to join us, or start up even from level 1. Everyone is more than welcome to join us. Just like EQ2, we have a mentor system as well, which allows us to be able to mentor down to our lower-level members level and participate in groups and such. Mentors even get exp as well, for doing that, so there is always incentive for them to mentor down.

If you're interested in VG in the slightest bit, definitely think about coming back and giving it another go.

The guild is currently boasting 70 members at the time of this post. Only 10 or so of those are alts, so I think we're doing pretty darn good on returners. We also have several members who are still trialing, wanting to get the full 14 days free (or up till level 10 done on the Isle).

But yeah, don't worry about being low level, its not a big deal at all. Hell, I've been playing for days, but I'm on the mainland which goes a lot slower than the Isle (its more spread out) and am only level 8 currently.

If you do decide to play and are on a trial, join us on /join mmorpg and if you're subbing, just hit "O" & "After Hours" and see if there are any recruiting officers on, and they'll invite you immediately. :)

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Would be interested to know what the eu numbers are like around 6-12 gmt?

Would be interesting in subbing and running through the newbie zones again if there are enough.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Would be interesting in subbing and running through the newbie zones again if there are enough.

Well, I'm really bad with GMT. I'm EST, so if you know the conversion there, I'll be able to tell you how many are usually on. I've been monitoring the numbers.

I can safely say that during the day for EST, its slower, 5-10 on today all day. But right now its 10:46PM EST here, and there is nearly 20 people on.

Weekends is even better, with a ton of people on during all of Saturday. It slows a bit Sunday, but there were still quite a few.

• NuichNuich Member UncommonPosts: 123

Guess I will hop on board too. Getting bored in Lotro. Name is Nuich, I think he was around lvl 35 a Ranger I believe.

Nuich

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

GMT is 4 hours ahead of EST, so if it's 12:00 here, it's 4:00 there.

Originally posted by Splinki

Well, I'm really bad with GMT. I'm EST, so if you know the conversion there, I'll be able to tell you how many are usually on. I've been monitoring the numbers.

I can safely say that during the day for EST, its slower, 5-10 on today all day. But right now its 10:46PM EST here, and there is nearly 20 people on.

Weekends is even better, with a ton of people on during all of Saturday. It slows a bit Sunday, but there were still quite a few.

Thanks, may bump the post tomorrow midday see how many intend to be on after work.

After checking, atm in the uk we're on BST which is GMT+1, EST is GMT-5 so that's a 6 hour gap. May sub anyhow always loved the game so no loss and my EvE sub ran out today.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Thanks, may bump the post tomorrow midday see how many intend to be on after work.

After checking, atm in the uk we're on BST which is GMT+1, EST is GMT-5 so that's a 6 hour gap. May sub anyhow always loved the game so no loss and my EvE sub ran out today.

Careful, it usually is -5 but we're in Daylight Savings time now, so it's -4.  image

Originally posted by whisperwynd

Careful, it usually is -5 but we're in Daylight Savings time now, so it's -4.  image

Confusing or what. So it's still just a 5 hour gap. Cool. I rez the thread tomorrow and see what feedback there is.

-----

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

curse you!!

*resubscribes to Vanguard*

and I was just about to quit MMO's for a while too

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

I think I'll be joining, Darsil Shadowsong, Lvl 8 DK. Currently working on the craft/diplo stuff on IoD.

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Splinki

GMT +2 here.

Seems like I will sub when my AoC time runs out, loving Vanguard atm.

Well, unfortunately I'll be offline until later today because I have to go in to work today. I do this on M-W-F at the moment so those of you who need an invite and are GMT, I'm not sure what time it will be for you when I get back, unfortunately.

But I'll be on all day tomorrow, so if you're around, look me up. :)

• GreenWidowGreenWidow Member Posts: 157

This thread got me to resubscribe.  I finished the download last night and had to sleep for work this morning.  I'll log on this evening and see if I can find anyone.

I am CST after 5pm usually.

I have several lower level toons.  I think my highest is a 19 Disciple.  We'll see.

Hope to see some folks in game and get an invite.

Lack of people to play with was the only reason I left this game in the first place.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

• KuriakosKuriakos Member Posts: 27

The guild is very active in the evening time from what I have seen so far. Though I don't really get a chance to play during the day.  I had to make a seperate chat tab just for the MMORPG chat channel and Guild talk so that i could see everything else.  I think we have just over 70 members now in the guild and more joining.  I am CST and yesterday afternoon/evening everyone was very active, friendly and social. There are people willing to run groups and are doing so often.   If this is what you are looking for then come on in =).   

Originally posted by GreenWidow

This thread got me to resubscribe.  I finished the download last night and had to sleep for work this morning.  I'll log on this evening and see if I can find anyone.

I am CST after 5pm usually.

I have several lower level toons.  I think my highest is a 19 Disciple.  We'll see.

Hope to see some folks in game and get an invite.

Lack of people to play with was the only reason I left this game in the first place.

Hey Green,

I should be home and on the game by the time you're on tonight. Just keep an eye out for Cyrsi on the After Hours recruiting page ("O" > "After Hours") and send me a tell. I'll get ya in ASAP! :)

Update: So, it turns out that I will be on today, all day, and not tomorrow until later in the day, so... if anyone comes on that needs an invite, I'll be there!

Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply. 

I'm thinking about leaving work early today.  I hated not being able to log on and fiddle when the download was done this morning at 4am.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

FYI - This is just my personal opinion but, it is the quickest bang for the buck IMO.

Once you leave the isle, go to Veskals.  Make sure you pick up the quest from  the RIFT guy ( one in black ) to go there.  The result of finishing the quest is a pie that gives you 1 hour of +10% xp.

At level 10 you can purchase a horse if you have not got one through Diplo questing.  To do this you will need about 20 silver.  At the rift, select Qualia and then look for the purple Khal rift in the center top.  Select it and go there.

Once you get to Khal, head inside through either the Fighter training area ( first door u see from rift ) or through the bank area ( next open door ) or bar ( last one ).  Go through to inside the port area.  Follow the interior docs to your right when you come out the door.  You will have to cross a gap in the port where the ships go out.  Once on the other side, continue to the second open door you see on your right.  Inside, to your immediate left is the New Player Horse vendor ( or something like that ) and purchase your horse.  Once you get a horse, continue outward from the port and you will find a tack vendor on the left before you go outside.  Purchase your tack ( saddle, bridle, etc ) there.

Then you can go back to the rift and Veskals to do the questing there.  I like Vekals because there are a number of quests that are solo capable and groups are easy to find there.  Lots of people in the area.  All of the vendors are easy to find and trainers are not hidden to bad in the area.  Pretty much most of them are scattered around outside and not in a buidling.

Once you have completed the quest in that area you can head to QA Riverbank to do quests there.  Make sure you again, take the quest from the RIFT Seekers to get another pie.  You can then find more groups out there and start the Hunters league quests.  You will be a bit over level for some of the earlier parts of the quests but, they chain up to some real fun in the area.

If you have a set group of people you play with ( more than 1 other ) I suggest going to Silver Lake.  Quests chains are a bit more to your level and are really interesting for group quests.  There is a small town,  across the river  and follow the road, that you starts a chain of quests that will lead you to becoming a Vampire if you want.  Essentially this will boost your stats a bit at night and debuff them a bit during the day.  It also gives you a 1 time per day ability to choose bat form which allows you to hovr around ( not actually fly ).

Once you get to 21-25 start doingthe Trengals Keep (aka TK ) quests.  This requires a very well balanced group of players to complete the whole quest chain of about 6 stages.  Very intense dungron and outdoor area there!  That should get you familiar enough with the game to find other content through Word of Mouth or Chat.  Be forwarned tho, EVERYTHING has an anacronym like TK or VE or QAR or whatever.  Do not hesitate to ask someone in guild chat what it means.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

Another thing I can remember from my earlier days of playing.  There are a LOT of loot quests off the beaten path.

You can find a lot of these just using google.  Look for equipment types in the AH and then google search for magical versions of them.

Over the years people have posted some really great HOW TO guides to find and solo the quests for these items.

I fully equipped my disciple by lvl 19 with very nice gear that was level equivalent thru solo questing odd places.

Some of these quests have you literally crossing the planet so be prepared.  But that was part of the fun.  I met some very kewl people while riding thru areas that are NOT highly populated because only a few people go there for very specific reasons.

I found some really awesome spots with really kewl quests that are not generally done on the guides you'll find.

Telon is vast.  The game is HUGE and discovering those places is one of the things that really drew me to Vanguard in the first place.  It's one of the reasons I'm coming back.

I also want to point something out.  If you have a groupo that plays consistantly ( i was in a guild that formed a group of 6 that played like a DnD session.  Same time every week, once per week ) you can always go to some of the less populated areas and not have to worry about finghting over spawn or loot.  Some of these areas are really interesting albeit a bit off the beaten path and not well traveled.

In these areas you will find huge quest chains that are not over run by every player in game.  Essentially a group dream area that almost feels like your own instance.  Most of the quests in these areas have not been done to death by every player on the server so, you are having to figure it out on your own as opposed to asking in chat how to or where to go to complete them.

Also, the drops and items you get in these areas will be different looking than most of what the others are carrying around.  Making it feel like you are more unique than the rest.

Give it a try if you have a coninuous group of 4-6.  Try out new areas off the beaten path.  You will not be let down.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

Originally posted by GreenWidow

Another thing I can remember from my earlier days of playing.  There are a LOT of loot quests off the beaten path.

You can find a lot of these just using google.  Look for equipment types in the AH and then google search for magical versions of them.

Over the years people have posted some really great HOW TO guides to find and solo the quests for these items.

I fully equipped my disciple by lvl 19 with very nice gear that was level equivalent thru solo questing odd places.

Some of these quests have you literally crossing the planet so be prepared.  But that was part of the fun.  I met some very kewl people while riding thru areas that are NOT highly populated because only a few people go there for very specific reasons.

I found some really awesome spots with really kewl quests that are not generally done on the guides you'll find.

Telon is vast.  The game is HUGE and discovering those places is one of the things that really drew me to Vanguard in the first place.  It's one of the reasons I'm coming back.

got it in before me.  funny!

• MMOPlayaMMOPlaya Member UncommonPosts: 103

Hello!

This thread got me to re-sub - and I'd love to join ya guys.

Beginning the download now (Wed 5/12), so I anticipate being in-game sometime tomorrow (Thursday 5/13) since the download is so small :)

I have a 42 Ranger, Somanthia and a 21 Fighter, Bladewir. 

Been playing since the beginning of the game (actually beta tested the game before launch) and still think this is one of the THE BEST old school MMO's available.  I took a long break and am ready to get back in.

I look forward to joining the guild here and joining the /mmorpg chat channel when I get in game.

See ya soon!

• eggbert20eggbert20 Member Posts: 11

Well I found a new copy of the game for $5 and started back up. This is not my first foray into the world of VG, but I wanted to start fresh on a new account. I saw that some members on here were starting a guild and decided to join. Even though it was around midnight (central time), there were 6+ people online in the guild, with many more people in general chat. This guild so far seems to be a great group of guys and gals. Everyone was very talkative and it felt very lively. It was very active even between 12am-2am Central time. If anyone is still holding out on trying this, do it. The game really has improved. It's more streamlined, runs smoother, far fewer bugs, and more enjoyable than before.