Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

uninstalled this game...twice

uniongameruniongamer Member Posts: 20

The first time i played this it was prior to aion coming out and i was looking to fill the gap in between games, uninstalled this after less than a week.

Now almost a year later i dowloaded and installed this only to find it has more bugs I.E. mouse cursor not showing up and buggy updater not updating client. Gameplay hasn't improved as my poor little scout was wishing he had some kind of autoshot ability.

This game shows it is possible to actually become more like a crappy beta game over time.

Comments

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Game has 16 servers in EU. So either the updater works sometimes or you just made something wrong.

• uniongameruniongamer Member Posts: 20

Iniatially i thought i had done something wrong also...but after repeatedly trying to get it to work over a 2 day period it finally updated. After it managed to update to the current patch I found that my cursor didn't show up in windows (using a razor naga that works with everything else) after some careful manipulation (guessing where my cursor was) i managed to navigate through to the game where i was once again underwhelmed by the gameplay and graphics (turned up to max).

/sigh at some F2P crap anyway

• Teran1987Teran1987 Member UncommonPosts: 202

I'm going to side with the fact that you probably did something wrong, as I played this game even in beta for quite awhile and found it very hard to find bugs.

"Life is not judged by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Since when was a F2p game NOT a crappy beta lol

But yeah Runes of Generic is quite the lamesauce.. ive tried my hardest to get into it 3 times.. 

So yeah, so far im ahead of you by 1 uninstall!!! 

Im so tired of the MMO scene i actually turned on my 360, and im enjoying a console game for a change..

• TilranTilran Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Teran1987

I'm going to side with the fact that you probably did something wrong, as I played this game even in beta for quite awhile and found it very hard to find bugs.

I agree with this.  I've been playing about a month now...level 37/31 (Almost no sleep during double exp weekend) and I havent found any bugs...like whatsoever.

This is actually one of the most polished games I've played.  Also...I agree that this game is a clone...noone can argue that....but it is fun for me and they have 8 or 9 servers...so must be fun for others as well.

I do agree that it is tough solo however.....I originally played this game at launch and uninstalled it because after level 20ish, it gets very tough as a squishy class...however this go around, I started with a friend and we are crushing it.

Anyways...to each his own...if you uninstalled it because it was bland, it was probably not wise to install it the second time anyways.

• Originally posted by uniongamer

Gameplay hasn't improved as my poor little scout was wishing he had some kind of autoshot ability.

Umm Scouts do have an Autoshot ability, which was added ages ago... now I wonder if you even played the game at all the 2nd time.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

you must have done something wrong, it works fine for me and many other people.

• HerriumHerrium Member Posts: 11

Good riddance.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Uhh what game did you try? I didn't have any of those problems, and I had an auto shot ability as a scout. You did something wrong.

• zippy123zippy123 Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by quentin405

Since when was a F2p game NOT a crappy beta lol

But yeah Runes of Generic is quite the lamesauce.. ive tried my hardest to get into it 3 times.. 

So yeah, so far im ahead of you by 1 uninstall!!! 

Im so tired of the MMO scene i actually turned on my 360, and im enjoying a console game for a change..

Runes of Generic, now that fits the game quite well. The genericness (don't think that is a word) of the game is what turns me off and it is just "bleh" to play. Most MMORPGs comming from the far east development teams, Korean, Chinese etc.. are mostly all lousy generic piles of grinding boredom. About the only thing decent to come from out there was Guild Wars.