Reason to play this over Warhammer?

13»

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Amory, MSMember UncommonPosts: 2,551

DAoC has boatloads more content along with great PvE AND PvP.  Of course, the main problem I had was whenI played, I felt like I was an outsider as I was a fresh toon surrounded by  9 year veterans.  Also, know that PvP isn't quite as easy to find in the lower levels as it is in WAR.  Sure, DAoC has BGs for every level range, but until about 35 or so, those BGs are primarily used to level in due to the XP bonus.  The good news though, is that the leveling curve in DAoC is extremely fast these days, and I wonder if you could hit the level cap in a matter of weeks -- perhaps a month if you take your time.

• gothagotha weymouth, MAMember UncommonPosts: 1,054

Didn't DAOC have a graphics upgrade in 2005 or 06?  I do not play but when i checked it out about a year ago i was not put off by the graphics at all.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Amory, MSMember UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by gotha

Didn't DAOC have a graphics upgrade in 2005 or 06?  I do not play but when i checked it out about a year ago i was not put off by the graphics at all.

Various aspects of the graphics engine have been upgraded at various times since launch including the water, trees, capital cities, and most recently, character models.

• Odium420Odium420 Denver, COMember Posts: 18

DAOC was the best MMO I ever played. There is nothing that comes close. That was when it was at it's peak. Nowdays it is run by hardcore guilds and the casual solo person will not stand a chance and get frustrated.

I come back every now and then and love it until I go RvR and get blasted in 2 sec. Sometimes you are running and just die because 3 stealthers hit you all at once.

It is still a wonderful game, but it is not for the casual. If you get in a guild it is a much better expecience.