Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOrpg writer battles funcom support

13»

Comments

• goldenkeygoldenkey Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by FC-Famine

Originally posted by johnny12343

idk who it is but i just read the global talk, some writer from mmorpg got his conan account stolen and when he got it back all of his items were gone, gm couldnt help him. Same story thats happend to me and alot of others out there, hopefully this rereview he was talking about will get funcom to change their no compensation policy.... anyways just wanted to put i out there because i want this guy to do the review about what he said he would, if your with me on this or against it just talk it up, AOC is a awesome game, i got the limited edition God slayer expansion already, however funcom needs to work on their "people skills", also tell your stories if you got your items stolen or account hacked before- old john

The compensation policy is the same as any other game. If we can't see where the items have gone (in logs) then we can't reimburse the account. It's a pretty straight forward system that is designed to not be abused. If for some reason it didn't work that way, then everyone and their mother could *claim* they lost something and get it back free and clear.

This is not true Blizzard is able to trace the goods very well and in the past has compensated people for lost goods. They have the authenticator so their policy is more strict now IE use ot or loose it.

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

This is not true Blizzard is able to trace the goods very well and in the past has compensated people for lost goods. They have the authenticator so their policy is more strict now IE use ot or loose it.

Correction. Blizzard does not always get all the items back. Often the enchants are lost. Same with items in the mail.

If it has gone, lets say a year; they have hard time finding your gear, even if you got replacement on one server and forgot to wait 3 hours for GM on another server to get reimbursted there.

Second; if you cannot prove you are the original owner of the account; no game company would give you the account back....

Edit; the OP is talking about a mmorpg.com writer experiance. Can MMORPG confirm this?

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

It amuses me that all these people just assume Funcom was at fault just because some random post says so.

CCP is in my opinion far worse and less giving,  CCP even allows player fraud. As long as you don't exploit code, you can scam anyway you can think. This is one prime reason I left EVE. All the scams. Too much shadey underhanded garbage for my taste.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

use firefox + noscript problem solved.

Unless you are dumb enough to allow everything.

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

Funcom doesn't return stolen accounts because they know the thieves will jsut sell it to someone and those people will continue to pay Funcom for subscription.

When your account get stolen, funcom will make any excuse they can to let the thieves keep your account. 

If they can find a way to profit off you they will, just like they started selling grace in anarchy online, they allowed credit sellers to exploit and hack accounts for all those year then decided to jut start selling credits themselves.

Funcom is one of the most untrustworthy game companies out there. They don't support thier customers and just lie and make excuses.

They don't have phone support and their in-game and email support is useless.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• RafanestRafanest Member Posts: 13

I had also a trouble with Funcom´s customer support. I had a paid account at release, try the game and quit becuase it did´nt like me. When it came free to play I dicede to give it a second opportunity. Log my account and I realise that avatar was in a german serven. I can´t speak enough german to play a game in this language, so I ask the GM to return to my former server. They reply me that this was imposible and suggest that the migration was my fault. 

So the only chance to play the game was paying a server change or delete my character to begin a new one. So, as I didn´t want to pay to correct something that was not my fault, and I am too lazy to re-roll a character I decide to quit forever.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Wow, a 5 years necro, that must be a new record - maybe it's because Bill wrote a column about Nekro? image

What makes it more funny, the changes within those years, and how necro'ers are not up-to-date :)

Originally posted by skuly

Funcom doesn't return stolen accounts because they know the thieves will jsut sell it to someone and those people will continue to pay Funcom for subscription.

The game is f2p, leveling up a character is not very long, I don't really see why would anyone buy an account in the first place, let alone pay the sub :)  5 years ago I think they barely just introduced the unlimited trial and maybe the offline levels. Different times.

Originally posted by Rafanest

So the only chance to play the game was paying a server change or delete my character to begin a new one. So, as I didn´t want to pay to correct something that was not my fault, and I am too lazy to re-roll a character I decide to quit forever.

They fixed it for you, for free :) (with the server merges, I mean)