Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Oath: Reviewing Dragon Oath

2»

Comments

• filjan44filjan44 Member Posts: 1

Thanks for the rewiev. It was brief but it's including the most important things in connection with the game. One day I will try it.

• pfloydguy84pfloydguy84 Member UncommonPosts: 149

How about you people actually try the game before bashing it and calling it another reskinned asian grinder.This game is easily one of the best f2p mmos and better then a lot of the crap p2p games as well.The camera view is a little annoying to some but isnt a big deal to me.Diablo has the same view and people dont complain about that.You cant use WASD but click to move is better in this game anyways.This game has a ton of content and features and the UI is good.The auto run GPS feature is great and this game does a great job of making you not feel lost.Very user friendly and easy to get into for both casual and more hardcore gamers.I love the setting and graphic style and is a nice change from the million high fantasy wow/eq clones.

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

A little bit late in reply, but I didn't know the tension between F2P and P2P were so high.

The problem right now is that previous P2P games that P2P players swore by (LoTRO and DDO) are now free. And the WoW and EVE players are now blasting LoTRO and DDO, even though Turbine did not lose that many members after the transition.

Why does it matter so much? Can't we just play what we play and get along? You guys have no right to comment on a game that you didn't play, or make fun of each other's countries, or just smack talk a game because it's Asian. There is absolutely no logic in that, unless the P2P player is bitter at having spent so much money and wants to downplay F2P MMORPGs. In which case it still doesn't affect the gameplay of F2P games at all.

Also note that since 2009 there have been a ton of F2P players on MMORPG.com, so don't use that as an excuse to try and stop F2P reviews.

As for the gender thing: ijji and Nexon, two of the most popular North American gaming hosts, ask for gender when registering for an account. So good luck signing up for anything that doesn't ask for gender. Hell, MMORPG.com even asks for your gender.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by pfloydguy84

How about you people actually try the game before bashing it and calling it another reskinned asian grinder.

You know that's never going to happen. People are calling *any* game an asian grinder these days, regardless of whether it's asian or even has level-based progression or not.

It's just a way to be as smug as possible, and the internet is a breeding ground of smug.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Originally posted by causs

Good score. But a no go for me personally. I will never even try an asian (F2P) MMORPG anymore.

Same^