Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What sort of combat system do you prefer?

13»

Comments

• ButtermilchButtermilch Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by Axehilt

Originally posted by deviliscious

I prefer FPS, I do not see the point in " auto attack" who wants to "play" a game that plays itself? If I am playing the game I want to actually be playing it.

Every game automates things.  It's just a question of what's automated and whether a sufficient amount of interesting decisions are left over.

You're totally right. But do you know / remember the old Ultima Online combat system? All you had was auto-attack, no special attacks for melee. PvE was soooo boring. :-(

Fortunate situation that Game Design evolves.

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

i liked hellgate londons combat mechanics

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

I voted other since I'd go with FFXI's combat system with a slow pace but a heavy focus on skill coordination and group combat strategy. To be honest I like any combat system that encourages (or even forces) players to act as a group through timing their skills and using them in certain sequences or in reaction to certain conditions. As much as WoW is favoured for its fast pace there is very little strategy to the combat outside of raid scenarios...