Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn based MMO?

I wonder how that will work... also how will they prevent people from ganking you while your offline for extended periods of time?

Comments

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

Take this with a grain of salt. If this is like other RTS online games, what they mean by "turn based" is the combat system. You choose which units you want to attack with , what powers you want to use then when you are done, the opponent makes his decisions.

It is not a live real time combat like you may be used to games. More strategy is involved.

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

On that same note - you can be away from your keyboard, but set up construction of your city.  I suspect there will be a means to PvP. Players attacking your city and looting your resources. Again, take with a grain a salt I haven't played it yet

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

No one have played it yet but only the guys in Asia. We are looking forward for the closed beta and i hope that they will think of a excellent system where the real strategy matters not the size of your army, because it will be like grind make huge army and kill every1 without a tactic. HoMM is a turn based game but that what is in it's core is the strategy. I really hope that this mmorpg will have the morale stats like in HoMM 3 and actually i hope it will be a clone of HoMM 1-2-3 :D

• GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149

HoMM2, 3 and 5 are some of my all time favorite games :) They're awesome, and I'm so so excited about this game it's crazy. I want it to come out already >.<

MUNDO!!

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

If you'd like to see how a TBS MMO would play out, try Heroes of Gaia.

I`m not recommending it, its a pretty awful HoMM clone but you'll get the general idea.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

HOMM3 was my childhood game. I hope this isn't another cheap MMO ... the HOMM series deserves a big strong online game.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Yes they do deserve great development but so far as i see not many people are fond of it, i mean only like 500 facebook followers and like 10 people are posting their expectations and comments in MMORPG.com. 

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Originally posted by lagerchobg

Yes they do deserve great development but so far as i see not many people are fond of it, i mean only like 500 facebook followers and like 10 people are posting their expectations and comments in MMORPG.com. 

Probably because HoMM fans tried every TBS MMO out there and are sorely disappointed. Heck, there's even a HOMM-like clone game for Android. Played it for 2 hours and uninstalled.

I`m fed up with with buildings having a construction time (from 2 minutes to whole hours). Not to mention recruiting. I should have waited for 5 hours to recruit 500 units of the most basic type.

Thanks but no thanks. HoMM is all about instant action and fast-paced gameplay. And how will a newbie stand up in a PVP world against established players? Will turn into instant farms. Yeh, been there, done that, got the pissed-off.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

I will try it for sure, I played the game a lot and enjoyed, I would like to see what new improvements we will see on the franchise.